Game Development and Animations Video Blog

The Lilo-log #95: Girls Make Games! Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Animation. Media. Entertainment. Woman Owned. Short Films. Animated Movies. Kids Cartoons. Game Development.

In this video, Lilo discusses Girls Make Games!

47% of gamers are girls. 12% of the gaming industry is female. This is why Learn District started Girls Make Games. They want to encourage more girls in the gaming industry. Girls Make Games is a program involving summer camps, summer fellowships, workshops, and a scholarship. Their summer day camp is for girls aged 8-11. It is a three-week camp. In the end, each team of girls pitches their games to a group of gaming professionals. The winner gets a Kickstarter and makes their game! There have been four winners so far. The games are:

• The Hole Story
  • Infectorum
  • Blub Blub: Quest of the Blob
  • Find Me

The first three games are already out to buy. Find Me is projected to come out December of this year.

Girls Make Games summer fellowship is for anyone over 18 and who has some experience in game creation. Those chosen get to mentor the girls at summer camp and also get their own learning events to attend.

Lastly, Girls Make Games scholarship is for attending the Game Developer’s Conference. The largest professional game industry event in the world.

The next topic will be Creepy Creepy Chat Stories With Lilo!

We hope you enjoy and please like and subscribe to see more videos from Lilo Nash!

Competition Details

Our monthly competition #7 has started and will be ending on 04/26/2018. On 04/27/2018, one random lucky winner, selected by an independent party from all the months’ participants, will receive a $150 Amazon eGiftcard by email after confirmation.

For more information and rules about this competition, please visit: https://saljackenterprises.net/2018/03/26/play-and-win-in-lilo-saljacks-monthly-150-amazon-egiftcard-competition-7/
To view, the list of our past winners visit here: https://saljackenterprises.net/saljack-enterprises-competitions/

Project-X Story Details

If you’re interested in reading the individual background life summaries or viewing the updated artwork of our characters, then please follow the links here: Champions and Villains.

We publish Project-X stories on a regular schedule here: Story-line.

As always, your feedback is valuable to us. Please let us know through the contact us page.

What exactly is Project-X? Is it a video game, a short film, a kids cartoon or a movie? Stay tuned for more!

Lilo_Nash_signature

24 thoughts on “The Lilo-log #95: Girls Make Games!

1. nat4spanish says:

I like to know that women are going from being only video game consumers to being their creators. The percentages that you present are very encouraging and are growing. Thanks to this type of initiatives, the gaps between men and women continue to close.

2. Marcus says:

That summer camp is really empowering. I wish my country also conduct that kind of program. Thanks for sharing this Lilo!

3. joyce baumann says:

Well I’d like to see more of my fellas doing the gaming industry. That should add diversity and perhaps a different way of creating games suited for the ladies of this world! Rock on fellas!

4. bobstravel77 says:

Wonderful article Lilo! I think that it is good that more female gamers (whether consumers or game devs) get some attention as well. They certainly deserve just as much recognition as the men of the industry.

5. I love this post! My sister also loves playing games with me and I think that it is great that more women in the gaming industry get attention!

6. The fact that 47% of gamers are girls is really impressive. It is great empowering girls to join the gaming community. However, as good as it sounds, sidelining the boys is not ideal,after-all, they make the remaining 53% and their inputs might be great too.

7. Albeneth says:

Of all the mentioned games made by girls, I think the ‘The Hole Story’ game seems fun. I find it interesting for a girl and her trusty shovel on a riddling quest to find a missing princess.

8. numberpardox says:

There’s a huge gap between male and female game developers that needs to be addressed. I’m glad that the District started the way to close the gap. I hope to see more games made by girls in the following years.

9. Hats of to District for having a boot camp like this. I love the concept, I wish they also have camps for teens over 20 🙂

10. imkirsten12 says:

Games for girls summer day camp with a group of gaming professionals? This is absolutely fun. Good luck to the winners!

11. odimdavid says:

If I knew of any woman making games, I would recommend her to the summer camp. It’s a good initiative by Learn District. Many more companies have to follow their example.

12. nnaemeka2016 says:

It’s an interesting fact you stated. Girls are not left out in the gaming industry as well as the coding industry. You, Lilo, are also an example of that fact.

13. im very happy to hear that 47% of gamers are now female. and i think its great that they are supporting our young females to create games. very awesome news.

14. Era says:

This is just beautiful! I love that people in the gaming industry in general are now backing our girls for this! Good one gaming industry and hoping that those lovely ladies that will get picked, will get their dream come true! Cheers!

15. teamtahong says:

It’s about time to gibe some light to these incredibly talented women. There are still countries who’s voices of women are not heard. Let’s support them through these games.

16. Women empowerment all the way! I will definitely support these games and all the women’s work all around the globe.

17. Mandy says:

Seriously? And how girls really fare against the boys? Well, at least I could say that “All is fair in video games”.

18. jolly555 says:

Never knew a whooping 47% of girls play games,that a huge number then credit should should be given to girls as well for being good gamers.I love the listed games.

19. Miracle says:

47%? I didn’t know that. I thought we were just in the 20%. Nevertheless, I respect girl players. They really aren’t a small thing. Thanks for this fact Lilo.

20. Angelo says:

Yes! I adore girl players rather than boys. Girls can win a fight too you know.

21. Sidney M says:

Wow those games sounds great, id llike to try the one where the lady wants to become in archeologist and opens the portal in the garden and to come back has to save the princess.

22. VANESA HEIDY says:

wow 47% is a big number I didn’t know that many girls were making video games, im hapily amazed because we wimen can be very creative and imaginative, I mean men too but wimen can do alot of stuff in that area.

23. Marcie Smith says:

It’s so weird to think that 47% of gamers are girls and yet girls don’t get the proper credit. Girls Make Games seems to be a really nice initiative, and also a very important one – it has high time stereotypes are banned from gaming as well. Wish I was under 11 to participate xD Well, maybe one day, as a mentor xD