Game Development and Animations Video Blog

The Lilo-log #92: The Patient Gamer. Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Animation. Media. Entertainment. Woman Owned. Short Films. Animated Movies. Kids Cartoons. Game Development.

In this video, Lilo discusses The Patient Gamer!

What type of gamer are you? When it comes to buying games there are two different types of gamers. There is the patient gamer. There is also the instant buyer. The instant buyer is a gamer who gets the newest games when they come out. The patient gamer waits until the hype is over, but before nostalgia has set in. There is a dedicated subreddit for patient gamers (reddit.com/r/patientgamers). In this subreddit, you can discuss games that are at least six months old.

There are many benefits to being a patient gamer. You will save money. You will get a complete game. The game will have been patched. The older game is likely to have more content. There will be more well-thought reviews and ratings for older games. However, you will lose out on the thrill of new games. There is a loss of community.

Waiting to buy games is a good tactic for single player games.

Tomorrow, we’ll be publishing Lilo’s Friday blog on saljackenterprises.net! Then stay tuned for Lilo’s next vlog on Saturday.

We hope you enjoy and please like and subscribe to see more videos from Lilo Nash!

Competition Details

Our monthly competition #7 has started and will be ending on 04/26/2018. On 04/27/2018, one random lucky winner, selected by an independent party from all the months’ participants, will receive a $150 Amazon eGiftcard by email after confirmation.

For more information and rules about this competition, please visit: https://saljackenterprises.net/2018/03/26/play-and-win-in-lilo-saljacks-monthly-150-amazon-egiftcard-competition-7/
To view, the list of our past winners visit here: https://saljackenterprises.net/saljack-enterprises-competitions/

Project-X Story Details

If you’re interested in reading the individual background life summaries or viewing the updated artwork of our characters, then please follow the links here: Champions and Villains.

We publish Project-X stories on a regular schedule here: Story-line.

As always, your feedback is valuable to us. Please let us know through the contact us page.

What exactly is Project-X? Is it a video game, a short film, a kids cartoon or a movie? Stay tuned for more!

Lilo_Nash_signature

20 thoughts on “The Lilo-log #92: The Patient Gamer

1. David Kamau says:

Actually am not fast in buying games. I can stay for months before purchasing a game. I guess am that patient gamer.

2. Edwin Kamau says:

I do like being patient in everything. And by the way, being patient when buying games helps you to get the ratings of games, which saves on purchasing low rated ones.

3. nnaemeka2016 says:

There will be a lot of thrill in getting a game hot and fresh. But I like my games stable and mature. I like a game that has passed the test of time.

4. odimdavid says:

I think I am a patient gamer. I like to understand the merits and demerits of a game before buying it. It would be frustrating to keep downloading patch upon patch.

5. VANESA HEIDY says:

I enjoy the games and doesnt matter if they are old games or the new game, I guess im not in the first line to buy the new game but is cause I follow my own ritm.

6. Sidney M says:

Well I miss the part about sharing my tougths and opinions with other gamers cause most of the time they get the games and try them before I do.

7. Amanda says:

I think its depend on the game. There are certain game that you eagerly play as soon as its on the market.

8. George Kirkos says:

I can be both. Depends on the kind of game. If it’s something that I really want then I don’t mind buying it upon its few days or weeks of release. For other kinds, then I wait and look around, ask my buddies for what they think. It’s always value-for-money that’s a big consideration.

9. I will say I’m both. It depends on my mood. Sometimes I want to be adventurous and to be surprised. But, there are times when I hesitate and need to learn more before buying the game.

10. numberpardox says:

A patient buyer, I guess. When you don’t have a lot of cash to throw in. No choice but to become a patient and see how the game will go first.

11. joyce baumann says:

Right away I’d say I belong to the adult patient player. Not the first one to pull out my wallet to spend. Call me old-fashion. I am patiently waiting, reading comments, seeing how the early adopters are dishing out the pros and cons. I’m the wait and see lady ho-ho-ho!

12. moondebi says:

I’m sort of patient buyer, but due to push from the kids at home, at times we had to buy some games instantly. There’s a downside of being an instant buyer. You never know how the game will turn out to be. 🙂

13. Miracle says:

I will never get carried away by the hype. I don’t want to waste money, so I won’t mind waiting.

14. I don’t see myself as a 100% patient gamer, as I often get carried away by hype and trends sooner or later. However, I realized how important it is to wait, so as not to waste money and time. I’ll take note of that next time!

15. Angelo says:

I didn’t know the difference about a patient gamer and an instant buyer. I’m more likely to be a patient gamer. Thus, I like that it has a lot of benefits.

16. Marcie Smith says:

I was an instant buyer a few times, but usually I have to be the patient gamer mostly for financial reasons. But, as you said, there are a lot of advantages to it, specially having more reviews – I remember I once spent a lot on a Resident Evil and I totally regret it

17. titanierza says:

Well there are perks of an on time gamer per say is you can be relevant. However that is if the game is good but if it is glitchy then may as well wait it out, Get the most kick out of your money.

18. grayicemake says:

I consider myself as a patient gamer. One of the perks that I enjoy is you can get games at discounted price. For one the heat has already died down.

19. cmblog834 says:

In almost all aspects, being patient has its perks. But in gaming there should still be an instant buyer so the gaming industry will still be alive.

20. Well it’s good to be the patient gamer. For me it’s not about who comes in first, it’s about enjoying the game.