Game Development and Animations Video Blog

The Lilo-log #91: Playing Video Games for a Living! Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Animation. Media. Entertainment. Woman Owned. Short Films. Animated Movies. Kids Cartoons. Game Development.

In this video, Lilo discusses Playing Video Games for a Living!

Playing video games for a living. Everything from YouTubers making Let’s Play videos and video game reviews. Twitch streamers. Everything but professional eSports athletes.

Video games are very popular on YouTube and other places on the internet. Four of the top ten earners on YouTube in 2017 were video gamers. They made between 12 and 16 million dollars last year. These guys are PewdiePie, Markiplier, Vanoss, and Daniel Middleton ( A.K.A. thediamondminecart).

Playing video games for a living means being a content creator. This job is all about entertaining watchers. There is constant pressure to be more entertaining.

Being a full-time video gamer is time-consuming. There is playing the video games, writing your script, editing the videos, marketing the videos, and interacting with watchers.

Twitch is currently running a reality show about full-time video gamers. The show is called Stream On. You can find and watch the fifteen competitor’s introduction videos on Twitch right now.

The next topic will be The Patient Gamer!

We hope you enjoy and please like and subscribe to see more videos from Lilo Nash!

Competition Details

Our monthly competition #7 has started and will be ending on 04/26/2018. On 04/27/2018, one random lucky winner, selected by an independent party from all the months’ participants, will receive a $150 Amazon eGiftcard by email after confirmation.

For more information and rules about this competition, please visit: https://saljackenterprises.net/2018/03/26/play-and-win-in-lilo-saljacks-monthly-150-amazon-egiftcard-competition-7/
To view, the list of our past winners visit here: https://saljackenterprises.net/saljack-enterprises-competitions/

Project-X Story Details

If you’re interested in reading the individual background life summaries or viewing the updated artwork of our characters, then please follow the links here: Champions and Villains.

We publish Project-X stories on a regular schedule here: Story-line.

As always, your feedback is valuable to us. Please let us know through the contact us page.

What exactly is Project-X? Is it a video game, a short film, a kids cartoon or a movie? Stay tuned for more!

Lilo_Nash_signature

12 thoughts on “The Lilo-log #91: Playing Video Games for a Living!

1. David Kamau says:

You have to dedicate yourself to gaming for hours to get viewers. Viewers also go fot gamers who are entertaining.

2. Edwin Kamau says:

The gaming industry pays very well. Gamers in Twitch and YouTube earn huge money.

3. VANESA HEIDY says:

Crazy bananas!!!I they are getting rich as youtubers.. I think all the effort they put into the project is worth in fact I should consider to quick my job and become a video gamer.

4. Sidney M says:

Oh wow, they make a big bucket. I guess the effort worth if you end earning 16 million dollars by doing those videos playing video games.

5. you need to have alot of passion and drive to play video games constantly as a job. theres something about doing it all the time that can kill the fun in it, so for the people who do this as a job. thank you

6. Dora says:

I really admire the passion of this kind of living, because you need to create a new world, and create everything, entreteiment is so important so I really want to know who Will be a winner in #7 competition.

7. Well I guess if you love your job, it’s not work it’s passion. And as a result you’ll earn millions of dollars.

8. bobstravel77 says:

Thank you for shedding light on this topic Lilo! People think that playing video games for a living is easy and is “the life”, but it can be pretty hard too!

9. I think that the thing that people often forget is that if people play video games for a living, it is also a job. Sometimes it can be hard (especially for let’s players) to make entertaining content.

10. odimdavid says:

I have always wondered on what content to create on youtube. Now, I am going to take my video gaming hobby seriously. You sure helped us to see that playing video games could be profitable.

11. nnaemeka2016 says:

Whenever I log onto my youtube account, I see the reviews from video gamers. I never knew they make so much money. That’s very great to hear. I think it is worth considering. Playing video games is worth it after all.

12. Marcie Smith says:

Well, I knew they were making a lot of money, but never imagined up to 16 million dollars… guess that goes to all the mothers who say we lose our time playing xD Just kidding, I know that’s not for anyone – like you said, anyone can play games, but this is all about entertaining watchers, not just playing. I, for example, can’t even talk when I’m playing, let alone entertain xD