Game Development and Animations Video Blog

The Lilo-log #86: Artifact - Valve's Trading Card Game! Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Animation. Media. Entertainment. Woman Owned. Short Films. Animated Movies. Kids Cartoons. Game Development.

In this video, Lilo discusses Artifact – Valve’s Trading Card Game!

In recent years Valve has not made many games. Valve was mainly concerned with running Steam. However, they are now planning to come out with some big new games. Coming out later this year is Valve’s newest game. Artifact is a trading card game.

Richard Garfield, a creator of Magic the Gathering, helped make this new game.

Artifact is a trading card game. Players will be able to trade and sell cards on Steam. Artifact will not be free-to-play or pay-to-win. It is based on Dota 2, a MOBA game by Valve.

Gameplay will involve decks of forty or more cards. Each game’s board with have three lanes. This will be like playing three Hearthstone games at one time. Each lane has a tower. To win, you must destroy two of your opponents’ towers.

Artifact is coming out later 2018. Valve will have a tournament for Artifact at the beginning of 2019.

The next topic will be Gamification!

We hope you enjoy and please like and subscribe to see more videos from Lilo Nash!

Competition Details

Our monthly competition #6 has started and will be ending on 03/22/2018. On 03/23/2018, one random lucky winner, selected by an independent party from all the months’ participants, will receive a $150 Amazon eGiftcard by email after confirmation.

For more information and rules about this competition, please visit: https://saljackenterprises.net/2018/02/19/play-and-win-in-competition-6/

Here is a link to all of our previous winners from past competitions: https://saljackenterprises.net/saljack-enterprises-competitions/

Project-X Story Details

If you’re interested in reading the individual background life summaries or viewing the updated artwork of our characters, then please follow the links here: Champions and Villains.

We publish Project-X stories on a regular schedule here: Story-line.

As always, your feedback is valuable to us. Please let us know through the contact us page.

What exactly is Project-X? Is it a video game, a short film, a kids cartoon or a movie? Stay tuned for more!

Lilo_Nash_signature

27 thoughts on “The Lilo-log #86: Artifact – Valve’s Trading Card Game!

1. moondebi says:

If Valve is making a new card game that’s not a bad idea. In fact card games are interesting to play. Only the thing is card games are slower version of video games. One more thing is that the game is not free to play which might deter some of the gamers a bit.

2. grayicemake says:

I am one of those that thought that Valve is no more, Well I hope this game will have a nice reception. It would mean a lot to them.

3. titanierza says:

That tag of a trading card is bad in my opinion for one it limits your market as suppose to online or what not. I remember SE discussing this game before. I am not sure if Nash was the one who review it.

4. interesting, based like DoTa. 3 lane pretty cool. should be pretty interesting. and i like how you can trade cards

5. Yes, you made me so happy Lilo Nash by making a video about Artifact. Us, DOTA 2 players are so, so excited for its release. It will be amazing to have more characters in the game.

6. numberpardox says:

Trading Games are interesting, but it needs a lot of time and money. Since Artifact will be based on DOTA 2, the players will be most likely playing DOTA 2 as well because they already have a background on the characters.

7. haroldmac says:

I have friends who love to play Dota 2.They’re going to be thrilled to know that there’s going to be a trading-card game inspired by it I should tell them this, thanks for the insights Lilo.

8. miabatoy says:

Another trading-card game this one’s exciting.Its fun to see you this excited for a new game, good thing it’ll also be released this year so its pretty exciting and interesting to check out.

9. I am so excited to try this game. Although you mention it is based on MOBA which I don’t like.

10. cmblog834 says:

I like it, a card game. Been wanting to play a card game aside from YuGiOh! It’s like finally!

11. Edwin Kamau says:

Artifact might be the next big thing. It’s a trading card game, which is fantastic.

12. David Kamau says:

Though we do not know the price, but I think you will have to spend a liitle more.
    The game is awesome and has many cards to, which is another factor.

13. jolly555 says:

One of valve game I like is Left4dead and it pretty a cool game,I’m really waiting for artifact as well.I’m pretty sure it going to be an enjoyable game as well.

14. sidney osorio says:

Well I’m very curious to try the game, i dont like so much the fact you have to pay to gain but still, I wanna try it and find out how the trading cards work.

15. Angelou says:

I loved Valve for Left4Dead and I really missed them. Now it’a time for their comeback. I’m excited to play Artifact! Thanks for sharing this.

16. Marcus says:

This is a much awaited comeback of Valve. I’m excited as Richard Garfield is part of this awesome game.

17. Marcus says:

It’s a trading game based on DOTA 2. This would be very cool.

18. Miracle says:

I can’t wait for Artifact to be released in android. Me and my friends will absolutely play this. Thanks Lilo!

19. Angelo says:

I’m not that aware of trading games. I haven’t played games like that before, but thanks for posting this. I’ll check it out.

20. Valve is the biggest game developer that I know.They are behind Counter Strike, DOTA 2, Left 4 Dead, and other huge games. I believe that Artifact will be amazing as well.

21. Yeah, I noticed that Valve lie low for some time now. It’s been years since they produced another huge game. Nevertheless, Valve is still one of the best game developers for me.

22. bobstravel77 says:

Great, Valve is not dead! Now give us a new game Valve!

23. This is the first that I have heard from Valve in a long time. Good to know they are not dead.

24. imkirsten12 says:

This is good news! New trading card game sounds cool to play. I’ll be looking forward to the big new games of Valve.

25. Thanks for the update as always, lilo! I can’t wait to try this new trading card game soon.

26. iammgkimmel says:

I missed playing trading card games. I’m excited for Artifact!

27. Mickey says:

A new trading-card game? This sounds really interesting! Can’t wait to hear more about it. I’m also glad to have discovered someone new to follow on youtube: Lilo Nash.