Game Development and Animations Video Blog

The Lilo-log #83: Remakes and Remasters, Good or Bad? Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Animation. Media. Entertainment. Woman Owned. Short Films. Animated Movies. Kids Cartoons. Game Development.

In this video, Lilo discusses Remakes and Remasters: Good or Bad?

Nostalgia gaming is in! Video game developers are making new games with old-school flavor. The new favorite platformer, Celeste, is an example. There is also a lot of old gaming systems being sold again such as the NES Classic. Trending this year is remade and remastered version of older games. Shadow of Colossus, Devil May Cry, Street Fighter, Dark Souls, Donkey Kong, and Mega Man are just some of the remakes and remastered games coming out in 2018.

Some think this is a bad thing. Lilo Nash thinks remade games are great. Remaking video games makes great older games relevant. With the fast evolving technology, games from just ten years ago look and feel dated. Remastered games give new life to what gamers enjoy.

2 remastered games from 2017, Crash Bandicoot and Final Fantasy VII: The Zodiac Age, did well in the market. Stop fighting the remaster, and let it flow through you!

Stay tuned for more Lilo Nash Monday next week! We hope you enjoy and please like and subscribe to see more videos from Lilo Nash!

Competition Details

Our monthly competition #6 has started and will be ending on 03/22/2018. On 03/23/2018, one random lucky winner, selected by an independent party from all the months’ participants, will receive a $150 Amazon eGiftcard by email after confirmation.

For more information and rules about this competition please visit: https://saljackenterprises.net/2018/02/19/play-and-win-in-competition-6/

Here is a link to all of our previous winners from past competitions: https://saljackenterprises.net/saljack-enterprises-competitions/

Project-X Story Details

If you’re interested in reading the individual background life summaries or viewing the updated artwork of our characters, then please follow the links here: Champions and Villains.

We publish Project-X stories on a regular schedule here: Story-line.

As always, your feedback is valuable to us. Please let us know through the contact us page.

What exactly is Project-X? Is it a video game, a short film, a kids cartoon or a movie? Stay tuned for more!

Lilo_Nash_signature

24 thoughts on “The Lilo-log #83: Remakes and Remasters, Good or Bad?

1. I agree with the statement that remade games improve the dated look of old video games. With remakes, not only do graphics improve significantly, the functionality, speed, accuracy, and play-ability increases, along with the decrease in bugs and glitches due to improved maintenance brought about by new technology. It also introduces the oldies to the youth of today.

2. ogreatgames says:

Remakes are good ones. As long as it surpasses the original. otherwise, it’ll be compare and criticize. There will be no good games without critics.

3. joyce baumann says:

Well it’s coming back! I don’t really mind. It’s awesome and it kind of brings back nostalgia, just like what cool Lilo mentioned in her video. The thing is it makes me really able to compare the consoles and see we get actual look and feel of how the technology has changed all these decades. U can say I’m old school, don’t mind purchasing remastered stuff.

4. Crash Bandicoot, Super Mario, Donkey Kong are huge parts of my childhood. I want my kids to grow up with these games too.

5. iammgkimmel says:

As long as they do the classics justice, I’m fine by it. Who doesn’t want to enjoy playing Super Mario, right?

6. Angelo says:

Man I missed Crash Bandicot! I love the 2017 remastered game of it. I remember the good old times.

7. gayanag says:

In my view, remaking is good provided you are creating a value for your remake. For example, a 10-year old kid have may not the habit of hearing radio because they are living in the digital world filled with tablets, mobiles and play stations.Creating a radio app for the kids is an example of remake.

8. Nostalgia is actually a powerful tool for everything, as long as it is incorporated well. What’s the use of remade games, if they are executed badly, or if they don’t include new twists and aspects of the game?

9. alexsummers123 says:

I see remakes as do overs. I mean look at us yes, humans women in particular are buying all the make up stuff in the world why to reinvent themselves. That same principle applies here too.

10. luffyzorro2012 says:

If you are gonna remaster something it must be good. Otherwise it will forever be compared to the original. I should know because as a song writer I am facing this trend everyday.

11. Sidney M says:

Even remakes are not an exact copy from the originals and have adpatations, I still think remakes are good. I like the idea of been able to play one of the old games.

12. Carrie says:

Well it’s hard to make a remake the best one. There are lot of comparisons.

13. I like remaking too. It’s just that you are expecting the remake to be better than the old one.

14. i love remasted games. for the most part i think alot of the older games had better story’s. so remaking them just touches them up.

15. jolly555 says:

I love to play the remakes and remasters of old games,it bring life back into the games.Played the remastered of Final Fantasy vll and it was great.

16. moondebi says:

There is no harm in making older games in newer archetype. People can get nostalgic and enjoy the games once they liked. If someone doesn’t like the idea, then there’re always newer games for them.

17. Edwin Kamau says:

The idea is not bad, some people like remakes.
    For me, it is fifty fifty, I like some remakes but prefer the new games.

18. David Kamau says:

New games are the most pleasing. I would rather buy the new than the remakes.

19. haroldmac says:

I think for people who love the old version of these games they really don’t like the idea of remaking it because they love is as just.I for one do love the old version though, I think they work fine for me and I wouldn’t want to change anything because it involves my childhood memories and I don’t want that to be taken away from me.

20. miabatoy says:

I think its good.They get to make the graphics of the games even better and there’s always room for improvement right? I will definitely want to play the remastered version of Donkey Kong.

21. Some remastered are success, some are completely epic fail. But, I still believe that its good though. Just maintain the original concept and add some little spice. Don’t completely change the game.

22. numberpardox says:

Most remastered/remakes are just okay for me. I believe that its better for retro games to be upgraded so that they’ll be able to keep up with modern games.

23. bobstravel77 says:

I have no problem with remakes and remasters. They are bringing us the FF7 remake after all!

24. I love remakes and remasters! If we did not have them, then we would not have had the Crash remaster!