Game Development and Animations Video Blog

The Lilo-log #82: Twitch's New Guidelines! Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Animation. Media. Entertainment. Woman Owned. Short Films. Animated Movies. Kids Cartoons. Game Development.

In this video, Lilo discusses Twitch’s New Guidelines!

Twitch drama has been at a high lately. There are multiple causes. Cam girls are a big issue. That is, women who are running sexually based streams. Another big problem is harassment. Both of these things were never allowed at Twitch. However, their guidelines have always been vague. Vague rules left room for moderators to treat things case by case. This resulted in what sometimes appeared as unfair treatment.

In February the new guidelines were supposed to go into effect. However, the rules were still incredibly vague. Twitch rolled back the guidelines until March 5. They did this to create clearer rules and offer an FAQ.

The wardrobe guidelines have been updated to be more specific and fair to everyone.

To combat harassment Twitch wants streamers to moderate their chat more heavily. This includes when streamers are AFK or not online at all. This has made some streamers upset since they don’t think they can control their watchers.

Tomorrow, we’ll be publishing Lilo’s Friday Gaming Deals blog on saljackenterprises.net! Then stay tuned for Lilo’s next vlog on Saturday. We hope you enjoy and please like and subscribe to see more videos from Lilo Nash!

Competition Details

Our monthly competition #6 has started and will be ending on 03/22/2018. On 03/23/2018, one random lucky winner, selected by an independent party from all the months’ participants, will receive a $150 Amazon eGiftcard by email after confirmation.

For more information and rules about this competition please visit: https://saljackenterprises.net/2018/02/19/play-and-win-in-competition-6/

Here is a link to all of our previous winners from past competitions: https://saljackenterprises.net/saljack-enterprises-competitions/

Project-X Story Details

If you’re interested in reading the individual background life summaries or viewing the updated artwork of our characters, then please follow the links here: Champions and Villains.

We publish Project-X stories on a regular schedule here: Story-line.

As always, your feedback is valuable to us. Please let us know through the contact us page.

What exactly is Project-X? Is it a video game, a short film, a kids cartoon or a movie? Stay tuned for more!

Lilo_Nash_signature

24 thoughts on “The Lilo-log #82: Twitch’s New Guidelines!

1. sidney osorio says:

I agree, no type of harassment should be allowed, I’m happy about the new policies on how to dress, I bet it will help alot to prevent this kind of situations.

2. Chatingale says:

They should be very careful about their guidelines. They need to make sure that it is properly applied in all cases.

3. George Kirkos says:

Yeah, I agree. The new guidelines are still vague and needs to be modified because it results to unfair treatment. I hope Twitch will create a new, improved, revised version.

4. joyce baumann says:

Twitch should be kept safe and suitable for all. I’m pleased to see that Twitch has new guidelines to censor cam girls and to alleviate discrimination.

5. I’m so happy to know that Twitch created guidelines about proper clothing. There’s a lot of streamers who shows a lot of skin that is completely unnecessary.

6. These issues should definitely be addressed and I applaud Twitch for their course of action. I hope that their new guidelines will be effective and let’s keep Twitch safe for everyone!

7. bobstravel77 says:

Oh boy, sexual harassment again? I guess that should not surprise me considering it is Twitch.

8. There has been a lot of drama that I have seen lately. Don’t know how this will affect Twitch users.

9. haroldmac says:

It might be impossible for some moderators to follow this rules if they don’t want to do something about this issue. I agree they should put on effort to end and tackle harassment in the twitch community.

10. miabatoy says:

Twitch better do something about the harassment towards women in the twitch community. We don’t have to live like this forever, women being objectified and has to do horrible things just to make money.

11. It sad to know that even in the virtual world women are still objectified. I hope in the future this can be regulated to protect women as well.

12. Harassment will always be an issue when it comes to women in a sexual themed games or what not. Sometimes I wonder maybe it’s actually the creator’s fault. I’m not sure.

13. David Kamau says:

I think it is for the best. A lot has been happening and it’s time for change.

14. Edwin Kamau says:

It may seem hard to follow these rules for some. This will result to some streamers being kicked out.

15. theres always issues with sexual themes and harassment with streaming. not surprised about cam girls, hope the new rules help

16. odimdavid says:

Sexually explicit streams will always be an issue in Twitch. Streamers cannot be able to moderate their chats as everyone would want. That does not mean the new guidelines would not work though at Twitch.

17. nnaemeka2016 says:

When guidelines are vague, it could result in moderator hell. It’s a good thing that Twitch has clarified the gaping aspects of its guidelines. Now we can see better moderation at Twitch.

18. iammgkimmel says:

I haven’t really experienced any form of sexual harassment on Twitch. But if others are using the platform for OTHER PURPOSES, Twitch needs to address it immediately.

19. gayanag says:

I have never heard of CAM girls. What do they do? How does it affect the Twitch platform? Please share more insights on this issue.

20. grayicemake says:

What do you mean SEXUALLY DRIVEN? CAM GIRLS?Well as I said as long as they keep it clean why not. I could use the eye candy

21. I’m glad to see Twitch is slowly staking steps to monitor and manage their site. It’s a little bit vague, but better than nothing at all. I hoping for a less toxic Twitch.

22. numberpardox says:

I never experienced any harassment on Twitch and it really makes me irritated that there are a lot of people who complains being harassed even though, it’s really not. A lot are just being sour people.

23. Cam girls are a growing concern of Twitch. There is really a need to address issues like these ASAP.