Game Development and Animations Video Blog

The Lilo-log #78: New Retro Gaming Consoles! Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Animation. Media. Entertainment. Woman Owned. Short Films. Animated Movies. Kids Cartoons. Game Development.

In this video, Lilo discusses New Retro Gaming Consoles!

NES, SNES, Genesis, Atari, Commodore 64. Do this names sound familiar to you? Are you an old school gamer? Even if you aren’t an old-school gamer these are familiar names these days. Nostalgia gaming is the new trend in video games. Developers are creating retro-style games like Celeste, Cuphead, and Stardew Valley.

In 2016 the NES Classic Edition had overwhelming success. Nintendo couldn’t keep up with demand. Now many other gaming companies are creating old school consoles. Classic companies like Genesis and Atari are making consoles again. Also, new companies are creating consoles that can play multiple old school games from NES to GameBoy.

Lilo Nash lists six retro gaming consoles. these consoles have either been released in the last couple years or are coming out soon. They are:

• NES and SNES Classic
  • C64 Mini
  • Ataribox
  • Analogue Nt
  • Hyperkin Retron 5
  • Sega Genesis Flashback

Lilo tells you the details of each console, including price.

Stay tuned for more Lilo Nash Monday next week! We hope you enjoy and please like and subscribe to see more videos from Lilo Nash!

Competition Details

Our monthly competition #6 has started and will be ending on 03/22/2018. On 03/23/2018, one random lucky winner, selected by an independent party from all the months’ participants, will receive a $150 Amazon eGiftcard by email after confirmation.

For more information and rules about this competition please visit:

Here is a link to all of our previous winners from past competitions:

Project-X Story Details

If you’re interested in reading the individual background life summaries or viewing the updated artwork of our characters, then please follow the links here: Champions and Villains.

We publish Project-X stories on a regular schedule here: Story-line.

As always, your feedback is valuable to us. Please let us know through the contact us page.

What exactly is Project-X? Is it a video game, a short film, a kids cartoon or a movie? Stay tuned for more!

25 thoughts on “The Lilo-log #78: New Retro Gaming Consoles!

1. haroldmac says:

I used to play on our Commodore 64.You know back in our days we can only play on the weekends and that is something we look forward to me and my friends.I’m glad they’re trying to bring back the old video gaming consoles.I would definitely check these out.

2. miabatoy says:

Sega rings a bell.Oh I’d kill to play games in the past, remember the much more simpler times?

3. cmblog834 says:

You know your gettibg old when you happen to know this games. It brings nostalgic feeling with this games. I love sega

4. madamparent says:

Ataribox caught my interest. It is indeed special compare to other game consoles you said because it runs in a Linus system so, it means that it almost works like a modern computer. Great innovation; combing console and computer.

5. This news makes me want to collect retro gaming consoles! So much memories of my childhood!

6. iammgkimmel says:

I’ve heard all about these consoles from my father. I’m considering getting him an ataribox for his next birthday!

7. luffyzorro2012 says:

Its still good that retro still lives. I saw a feature here about a game museum. I believe that complements this topic well. I would love to visit the place too. .

8. alexsummers123 says:

History is bound to repeat itself as they say. I would not be surprise if any of these will make a comeback. They deserve it.

9. Era says:

Oh wow now this is what you call an update! Dang, NES and SNES are back at it again? Well looks like I’ll be playing more games than usual now! Hahahaha thanks for the update Lilo!

10. odimdavid says:

Nostalgia gaming sells because people love the experience of those games. Why kill a good thing? Retro it and that is what any good marketer would do.

11. nnaemeka2016 says:

I played GameBoy when I was in high school. I am not a fan of video games but if you give that game to me again, I’d play it. So, I’m not surprised that nostalgia gaming sells.

12. sidney osorio says:

Those are great news because I’m from the old school players and I never thought that they would remake my favorite videogames. I cant wait to buy the ataribox when it gets in the market.

13. josephrichards says:

Snes was always my favorite . this was what i played with my cousins when i was younger. super mario alot.

14. George Kirkos says:

Retro Gaming Consoles are amazing and no doubt that a lot of people can relate since these are the game consoles of their childhood, but these new or updated version comes with an expensive price tag which I believe is not worth it.

15. joyce baumann says:

These are the gaming consoles from my time. I’m very proud of it. I was able to play NES, and Commodore 64 when I was a kid and of course, I had a great time.

16. moondebi says:

Though I’m not familiar with all of them but have played with some of them like C64 Mini, Ataribox etc. I’m really feeling nostalgic as these days mostly PS4 is used for this purpose. If newer version of Atari comes, I might give it a try.

17. I miss these gaming consoles, but I’m not an old-school gamer so, I won’t buy their new and updated version. I prefer to buy Xbox One X or PlayStation 4 instead.

18. I heard of this gaming consoles before, but I haven’t really played them because there’s already Nintendo Gameboy during my childhood days and during those times, Nintendo Gameboy dominates the game.

19. David Kamau says:

This is a great thought that companies have come up with. Many gamers would like to play the old school games which reminds them of the real fun of being a gamer.

20. Edwin Kamau says:

Wow, amazing to hear the old schools are getting back. These days, old school is considered gold by many.

21. I love gameboy and nintendo, it gives nostalgic feels to every gamer. I mean those who has been to that era, kids nowadays like games using their mobile phones.

22. grayicemake says:

For the sake of balance and nostalgia yes!!! I am all for this retro games!!! Do not get me wrong though, new games are cool too.

23. titanierza says:

Family computer for sure and yes I will play and pay retro games as long as it is reasonable!!! Although old school are hard to find these days.

24. numberpardox says:

Re-classic are usually a success because it reminds us of amazing memories that we want to return. We own an Ataribox before and if they made a new version of it, I will definitely want to own one.

25. I am familiar with most of them. Oh, Lilo! You bring back good memories. These gaming consoles made my childhood, there’s no way I’ll ever forget them.