Game Development and Animations Video Blog

The Lilo-log #76: Japanese eSports! Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Animation. Media. Entertainment. Woman Owned. Short Films. Animated Movies. Kids Cartoons. Game Development.

In this video, Lilo discusses Japanese ESports!

ESports are a multi-million dollar business. By 2020 eSports are predicted to earn billions in revenue. There is the talk of eSports becoming an Olympic sport in 2024. However, Japan has been obviously missing from the eSports scene. Japan has strict gambling laws. This has limited earnings from gaming competitions. With eSports now a medal sport in the 2022 Asian Games and a global audience expected to reach 500 billion by 2020, Japan is finding a way to get into eSports.

February 2018 the JESU was created. JESU is the Japanese ESports Union. There is now a Japanese professional gamer license. This license will allow professional gamers to compete in eSports and win big cash prizes. Only six games are currently approved for eSport licenses. They are:

• Tekken7
  • Street Fighter V
  • Winning Eleven 2018
  • Call of Duty: WWII
  • Puzzle & Dragons
  • Monster Strike

JESU kicked off February 10 with a two-day gaming competition. Winners won big cash prizes and eSports licenses.

The next topic will be 10 Best Dystopian Games!

We hope you enjoy and please like and subscribe to see more videos from Lilo Nash!

Competition Details

Our monthly competition #6 has started and will be ending on 03/22/2018. On 03/23/2018, one random lucky winner, selected by an independent party from all the months’ participants, will receive a $150 Amazon eGiftcard by email after confirmation.

For more information and rules about this competition please visit:

Here is a link to all of our previous winners from past competitions:

Project-X Story Details

If you’re interested in reading the individual background life summaries or viewing the updated artwork of our characters, then please follow the links here: Champions and Villains.

We publish Project-X stories on a regular schedule here: Story-line.

As always, your feedback is valuable to us. Please let us know through the contact us page.

What exactly is Project-X? Is it a video game, a short film, a kids cartoon or a movie? Stay tuned for more!

23 thoughts on “The Lilo-log #76: Japanese eSports!

1. Era says:

I’ve always been wondering if Japan had an esports team or not. Looks like my answer is finally here. I’m looking forward to this! Thanks for the informative and cool vlog!

2. George Kirkos says:

I’ve been curious all these times on why I don’t see Japanese teams on League of Legends, now I know. You answered my question, Lilo. Very helpful. Thanks!

3. joyce baumann says:

With the creation of Japanese ESports Union (JESU), I hope that it will open up more opportunities to Japanese eSports gamers, like having more competition and bigger prize money.

4. mchesk16 says:

Sounds like eSports is becoming a global phenomenon. I don’t blame Japan for wanting in on the action.

5. Edwin Kamau says:

Amazing to hear this news. Probably it will be the most watched Sport.

6. David Kamau says:

There is much to be discussed about bringing eSport to Olympics. With the large audience, possibly it’s a nice move. THough you wrote 500 billion, thought it’s 500 million people.

7. Angelo says:

I hope Japan finds its way to get into eSports. It’s a good investment though.

8. josephrichards says:

Japanese really know how to make their games. this is pretty cool awesome. over 500 million people. and 2024 isnt that far away either. i might be interested in watching it truthfully.

9. Chatingale says:

This is really a very huge thing with billions of earnings. And having it in the olympics is just fantastic!

10. Well I love those games. I grew up with Tekken when I was still having playstation 1. It brings back the old times.

11. haroldmac says:

Whoa! Billions of revenue.For it also to go on Olympics that’s huge.Japan is strict, for you to play you gotta have a license wow they’re pretty serious for getting back in the game.

12. miabatoy says:

I’ve never thought that esports were this big.I’ve heard about it, but I never really thought it could go on Olympics.

13. I’m glad to know that an organization is already formed to promote eSports in Japan. i hoping to see more Japanese in eSport stage next LoL Championship.

14. numberpardox says:

I agree, Japanese are a bit way behind with their neighbors, Korea and China when it comes to eSports. I wonder how did this happen when they are the original masters of gaming.

15. photography1257 says:

Love watching e-sports! It is insane to watch if you know what is going on!

16. bobstravel77 says:

Don’t even get me started on korean e-sports! Winners get like millions of dollars for winning!

17. Om sharma says:

Esports is surely a big thing in sporting era. It will grow without a doubt.
    There is an edit in your blog Lilo. World population is only 7 billion . Please edit 500 billion to million . Possibly it’s in this gap.

18. Jon Gerald says:

Thanks for this, Lilo! I always knew eSports is the next big thing, now possibly making it to the Olympics!

19. Marco Ross says:

I hope more games will get esports licenses in Japan. After all, it’s one of the leading countries when it comes to video games.

20. odimdavid says:

Video games and esports have a long history that goes back to the 1970s. Japan has seen that the potential for this sort of competitions is huge that is why it has decided to create a licensing body. This trend will catch on in other parts of the world especially now that it will be part of the Asian games.

21. nnaemeka2016 says:

I have to call your attention to a comment in your blog piece. You said esports audiences will reach 500 billion by 2020. That is an oops moment. The world is only 8 billion. Please edit the information.

22. alexsummers123 says:

The Philippines got a shout out yessssss!!! If E sports cannot blossom in Japan then other places will do it. Philippines is an example of that.

23. kadoyatsukasa123 says:

This is odd. To think that most games comes from Japan. It is the home of gaming anime and manga after all. Come 2020 E sports will be big. That is good news.