Game Development and Animations Video Blog

The Lilo-log #66: Toxicity in Gaming! Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Animation. Media. Entertainment. Woman Owned. Short Films. Animated Movies. Kids Cartoons. Game Development.

In this video, Lilo discusses Toxicity in Gaming!

The gaming community has toxicity and harassment. In 2014 Gamergate occurred. Groups of gamers attacked females from the gaming industry. Gamergate was claimed as a movement against bad gaming journalism.

Game developers have shared fear about sharing game progress and creation. Candid talk about game development results in backlash.

Toxic communities thrive on anonymity and mob mentality. Lilo says the amount of time in the gaming community makes toxicity worse.

Lilo shares the top three most toxic video game communities. They are:

• League of Legends
  • Call of Duty
  • Overwatch

These games frequently have misogynistic, homophobic, and racial slurs. This ruins the game for some players.

What do you think about toxicity in gaming? Have you ever experienced harassment? Do you think the toxic side of gaming will ever be fixed?

The next topic will be Why Multiplayer is a Chore!

We hope you enjoy and please like and subscribe to see more videos from Lilo Nash!

Competition Details

Our monthly competition #6 has started and will be ending on 03/22/2018. On 03/23/2018, one random lucky winner, selected by an independent party from all the months’ participants, will receive a $150 Amazon eGiftcard by email after confirmation.

For more information and rules about this competition please visit: https://saljackenterprises.net/2018/02/19/play-and-win-in-competition-6/

Here is a link to all of our previous winners from past competitions: https://saljackenterprises.net/saljack-enterprises-competitions/

Project-X Story Details

If you’re interested in reading the individual background life summaries or viewing the updated artwork of our characters, then please follow the links here: Champions and Villains.

We publish Project-X stories on a regular schedule here: Story-line.

As always, your feedback is valuable to us. Please let us know through the contact us page.

What exactly is Project-X? Is it a video game, a short film, a kids cartoon or a movie? Stay tuned for more!

Lilo_Nash_signature

15 thoughts on “The Lilo-log #66: Toxicity in Gaming!

1. I’m a pro gamer and I will not try to playing nice and I will admit that I’m sometimes the harasser. But, I will never ever judge anything about racial or sexual things. It’s just I don’t want noob players along my way.

2. numberpardox says:

You got it right. Call of Duty and League of Legends is infested with a community of toxic players. One reason why I don’t play it more often.

3. alexsummers123 says:

I know you can mix business with pleasure but not like this. Unless the developer or whatnot is your wife/ husband or your significant other that is.

4. kadoyatsukasa123 says:

This is why I say pick your gaming buddies carefully. Competition is fine but bad attitude is inexcusable.

5. Ian Duncan says:

Gamers spend a lot of time on their machines and I would rather the time is spent on positive gaming principles. However, this is something that cannot be avoided but the gaming community should shun it.

6. mchesk16 says:

I didn’t know there was so much backlash from the gaming community. Sounds like a collective thing rather than an individual thing.

7. I haven’t played League of Legends before,but I since it’s an extremely popular game. No doubt, there’s a lot of toxic players there.

8. Alma May says:

These toxic video game communities are terrible. I think I need to share this post to my nephews since they are Call of Duty gamers. Thanks for sharing Lilo!

9. There’s toxic people everywhere, so does in gaming. That’s one reason why sometimes I just prefer to do single play because it makes me focus on the game not on toxic co-players.

10. Era says:

I’ve been playing League of Legends for so long that I’ve already gotten used to the toxic environment which I shouldn’t since it’s really bad. For a couple of years in the game, it made me realize that it’s not the game that sucks it’s the players. Some people should know their limits since not everyone is open minded.

11. moondebi says:

There’re toxic elements everywhere. No wonder that it will be there in gaming world as well. It is unfortunate that an activity which people do for fun, turns out to be toxic at times!!

12. photography1257 says:

I thought Call of Duty was bad, but after I saw Overwatch, I don’t even know anymore. I actually thought Dark Souls would be here, but I remembered we are all just trolls lol.

13. bobstravel77 says:

Had a feeling Overwatch would be here! Love the stuff Lilo hahah!

14. Chatingale says:

This is bad news for gamers who just loves to play online. I can’t believe that there is something like this in some communities.

15. Now this leaves all the gamers to be wary of the toxic gaming communities. Gaming is supposed to be fun and not toxic, right? Nice blog.