The Lilo-log #3: Video Game Genres. Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Animation. Media. Entertainment. Woman Owned.

Welcome to Lilo’s Log where Saljack Enterprises Lets Review team member Lilo Nash discusses gaming news/events from all over the world.

In this video, Lilo discusses Video Game Genres. Next videos’ topic will cover Recently Failed Video Game Launches. Lilo’s next vlog will be published next week, Monday 11/27/2017. We hope you enjoy and please like and subscribe to see more videos from Lilo Nash!

Lilo_Nash_signature

20 thoughts on “The Lilo-log #3: Video Game Genres

1. P Siason says:

It was interesting to know the 6 genres of video games. To answer your question, for me I think the most popular genre would be role playing games. You can play these games online and most players are really hooked into playing different characters as an escape from the real world. (haha!) Anyway, you are right – there are many other games that don’t fit to these six genres. Maybe there should be a 7th one, hmm probably educational games? Just my thought. See you in your next vlog!

2. I really love adventure games. My most favorite ones are visual novels and interactive movies. Really get immersed into them. 🙂

Very well researched Lilo! I wouldn’t be surprised if RPG is indeed the most popular genre. I suppose there’s something about stepping into someone else’s shoes that is very engaging. And yes, it pretty much has the most subgenres under it, too.

4. Grecy Garcia says:

For me, role playing is the best genre of games. I think everyone are putting themselves on every character in a game that is why they find the game very interesting. It sharpens their mind and thinking perspective.

5. Grecy Garcia says:

6. Alma May says:

Of all the game genres, my favorite is role playing. I find this very interesting especially when I accomplished a task, it’s like an achievement.

7. Edwin Kamau says:

I think Game genres are more six maybe.
    But at least it was a good post and really enjoyed watching you.

8. David Kamau says:

Adventure games are very good fmostly to solve grow your mind.
    Most people across all age love to play Adventure games. Even you Lilo am sure you like.

9. I see you enjoyed reviewing those video game genres. Somehow I’m always updated even if I don’t play much video games.

10. Opondo says:

Great Research Lilo.I find strategy more fascinating to me. Of course Survival and rhythm are a category i would love to explore more under the action types. I cant believe you are slowly turning me to a knowledgeable gamer.

11. wolfbro92 says:

I find it quite tedious to categorize all these games these way. I mean I just play games cause they are great and not because they are this genre or the other. It just makes me dizzy thinking that way.

12. I love your V log especially today Lilo, because you sure as hell did a lot of explaining to us, and I know it wasn’t easy to remember all these genres, but you did it for us anyway. I love you so much keep em coming!

13. I love adventure and RPG the most. All genres are interesting because I just love playing games!

14. Great stuff, great stuff! I love so many of these genres I can’t even decide which one is my favourite to be honest.

15. miakayuuki2012 says:

I will have to go with action and RPG. The least genre will be horror for me.

16. micorobin says:

I am not a fan of Horror may it be movies or games. I agree with the previous comment action and RPG all the way baby.

17. Well-chosen topic Lilo. Many play video games without knowing the information behind it. I’m into action and simulation kind of games.

18. Thanks for discussing the 6 main genres of video games. I enjoyed your Vlog and I learned a lot from it.

19. Gamer Girl says:

I enjoy playing RPG and adventure games. There’s always something exciting about problem solving in games. I’m not much of a fan of horror games though,

20. Ethyl says:

Enjoyed watching your vlog Lilo. Not much of a gamer now, a shift of priorities. Your vlog though evoked memories of my gaming days. Always enjoyed RPG.