Rin's Room #39: Coolest Game Weapons. Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Animation. Media. Entertainment. Woman Owned.

My earlier post about The Hacksmith and his awesome TV-show-turned-real-life weapons got me thinking about other great weapons in games and show lore. After all, some weapons are just as memorable as the characters that wield them. And in some cases, the game weapons become an icon of the game–so recognizable that a single photo can evoke amazing memories. Here are some of the best weapons from video games.

top_tech_border. Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Animation. Media. Entertainment.

#1 Portal Gun

Unlike some of the other weapons that people have tried to turn into reality, it doesn’t seem like this one will ever become a real thing. Why? Well–it shoots portals. Interdimensional portals that can transport you from one side of your house to the other. While cool, I don’t think earth physics actually works that way! Honestly, it would be pretty sweet to go, bam, and create a portal that can instantly bring you to the other side of your school or hallway or room or whatever, but think about all of the traffic more than one portal gun would cause. What if you shot a portal to Point A and then another person also tried to shoot a portal to Point A? Would you crash into each other? Would the portals absorb each other?

#2 Red Shells

From Mario Kart! Hey, it was nice having huge bricks that you could basically toss at anyone you wanted. And apparently, the red shells are way better than the green ones, which almost NEVER hit their target and instead just ricocheted into the far, sad distance. (Maybe that was just me? Did any of you have better luck with the red shells from Mario Kart?).

#3 Gravity Gun

Just like the portal gun, you press the trigger, and something cool happens. In this case, the Gravity Gun, which is a weapon from Half-Life 2, allows you to pick things up and throw it at other stuff. Things… stuff? What am I talking about?

Well, if you want to swing saw blades, computers, barrels, and even other people, you can do all that with the gravity gun! High school bully making you feel really annoyed? Point this gravity gun at him and toss him over…there! I wonder if it would work for really massive things like forklifts and tractors.

#4 The Keyblade(s)

Keyblades are featured in Kingdom Hearts and are weapons used by the main character Sora. They’re essential in the game and can only be wielded by “the strongest hearts.” The nifty thing about these weapons is that they can lock or unlock nearly anything–doors, chests, even entire worlds. And some keyblades can also open the darkness that rests within people’s hearts.

All of the keyblades look really awesome, and they can even change appearance so you can accessorize better~. Ha, just kidding. They really can change shape, though–all you have to do is change the “keychain” that dangles at the bottom of the blade. The keyblades are one of the types of weapons I’m talking about when I say “iconic”–I mean, who doesn’t recognize a photo of one of the keyblades?

#5 The Master Sword

This sword has been around since the age of the SNES, guys. Ever since Link was still just a funny-looking green guy whose face we didn’t really know. The Master Sword has grown from a pixelized rod to a beautiful work of art. So many LoZ game plots have been centered around Link’s quest to actually get the Master Sword, and when he finally does attain it, he uses it to vanquish evil. (I use that term loosely. For some reason, in the LoZ universe, evil just keeps coming back).

It may not necessarily be the most durable weapon, but it is definitely one of the greatest. Considering Breath of the Wild was an open-world game, and it still featured the Master Sword, I’d say that makes it a genuine legendary weapon.

#6 D.Va’s MEKA suit

By this point, even non-Overwatch players know who D.Va is–and for a good reason. Who doesn’t love cute gamers? D.va’s mech is massive, but don’t be fooled–it’s also decently fast (which, you know, doesn’t really make sense in Earth physics, but WHO CARES? IT’S A GIANT PINK ROBOT SUIT!). Her suit has twin Fusion Cannons that can autofire at short range, but she can also use its Boosters to crush enemies.

Honestly, guys? I want this so badly. It’s so awesome–again, who wouldn’t want to run around in a huge suit and CRUSH EVERYONE? Okay, maybe…not that far. One awesome dad actually made a functioning version of the suit for his daughter (video above).

Okay, now that I’m wrapping this post up, I kind of feel like this list should be more about “most iconic video game weapons.” Oops–what do you guys think? What are the most ridiculously OP weapons that I should’ve included in this list?

I’d love to hear your thoughts!

Click here to read Rin Fizzle’s profile

DISCLAIMER: THE VIEWS AND OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THIS POST ARE SOLELY THOSE OF THE AUTHOR. THESE VIEWS AND OPINIONS DO NOT NECESSARILY REPRESENT THOSE OF SALJACK ENTERPRISES, AND IT’S STAFF, AND ANY/ALL CONTRIBUTORS TO THE SALJACK ENTERPRISES WEBSITES. SALJACK ENTERPRISES MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION REGARDING, DOES NOT ENDORSE, IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH AND IS NOT IN ANY WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE LINKED WEBSITES OR ANY CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON IT. IF YOU DECIDE TO VISIT ANY LINKED WEBSITE, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO REVIEW THE TERMS OF USE OF THE RELEVANT LINKED WEBSITE.

Rin_Fizzie_Signature

27 thoughts on “Rin’s Room #39: Coolest Game Weapons

1. I agree that the portal gun is cool but I’m still into the classic Doom 2 gun back in the day! BFG!!! Instant memories.

1. califrank says:

The BFG9000 isn’t just a classic, dude. It’s iconic! Clearing an entire level of demons with that bruiser? Priceless.

2. valine13 says:

The concept of kingdom of heart’s weapon for Sora is really cool! I love the fact that hearts matter and this can access more than just doors!

3. darkkvader says:

Oh LoZ! remembering my favorite game! Bad i didnt see the very old one.

4. That gravity gun looks so heavy. But, that could really kill the enemies instantly.

5. I do not know if this can be a weapon but Phantom Zone Projector. Yeah one of Supermans tech one blast and you are trap. No wonder they did not use it on INJUSTICE.

6. micorobin says:

Design wise the Gun blade or the Key blade is cool/ Power wise the portal gun is cool but It cannot or at least rare uses in battle, Unless you are escaping.

Cool list of weapons Rin! People who design these games are super creative. I love the Keyblades!

8. Abby says:

This is a lovely list of weapons! I agree though that this should have been about the most iconic video game weapons. Nonetheless, this was good fun especially the portal gun. I love how it incorporated Physics into the game. Smart!

9. I like and enjoy using Gravity Gun but, not on Half-Life 2. I use Gravity Gun in GTA Vice City in MOD. It’s really funny to see the reactions of the people when you use gravity gun on them.

10. Edward Rose says:

This is one of the best articles I have come across. Keep up the good work.

11. Does the TRIFORCE of power count? If it does it will be a good weapon as far as video game is concerned.

12. The MATERIA from FF7 is pretty op. Remember when a villain got a hold of just one of those? It took Cloud and company to bring it down.

13. wolfbro92 says:

I think there are a lot of weapons here being left out from the list. But considering that this is the top 5 so I understand. This makes a lot of sense in the end and nicely written article!

14. pandabearwolf says:

All this weapons here look so cool! I would love to have this stash of weapons in real life! Don’t forget to mention the Wabbajack from Skyrim is a deadly weapon too!

15. Grecy Garcia says:

It makes me feel interested to hold a weapon on my own. Love the details of the video. Now this kind of weapons gain my interests too.

16. titanierza says:

The GRAVITY GUN reminds me of a weapon that stopped Flash in his tracks ha ha. It is a cool concept though.

17. alexsummers123 says:

Where is the STAR which makes Mario invincible. That is on the same level if not higher than the turtle shell.

18. charleenmae says:

Portal gun and gravity gun are so cool! But it would be even cooler having some other features.

19. bebesherman1214 says:

A list of the coolest video game weapons and there’s not any mention of Cloud Strife’s Buster Sword? Now that’s disappointing

20. roberachi says:

Cool post. The gravity gun sounds really interesting.
    Too bad my machine didn’t meet the requirements to play Half-life 2 am sure it would have been my best weapon too.

21. i love the keyblade. carrying around a sword and then opening everything with it. that would be pretty conveniant

22. luffyzorro2012 says:

The buster Sword for me is not advisable. It is heavy and bulky. I imagine it will greatly affect your speed if this is real.

1. bebesherman1214 says:

You’re off-topic my good man. This isn’t a debate on what weapon would be great to wield in real life… it’s about which ones are deemed the coolest among gamers. And you’ve got to admit that the Buster Sword is an iconic weapon you see replicated across several genres and titles because of its memorable design. If that isn’t the definition of what’s cool (that people want to copy its design over and over), I don’t know what is.

23. kadoyatsukasa123 says:

The portal gun is my pick. I mean it is very useful. You can get teleportation powers with that. It is bulky but the pros are higher than its issues.

24. irabrady44 says:

It doesn’t look as cool as Rin’s weapon picks but I think CounterStrike’s AWP sniper rifle stands as one of the most OP video game weaponry. It’s literally one-shot, one-kill.. up until Valve had to nerf it down several notches in subsequent releases. But back in the day, it scared the bejeezus out of every opponent it meets (especially in the hands of a seasoned gamer)

25. P Siason says:

Woah! I would like to have that Portal Gun please. Lol. That’s a very cool weapon. Just imagine what you can do with the Portal Gun. You can transport from one place to another instantly. It can be used in good ways or bad ways – depending on who is holding it. But it is definitely a powerful weapon.