Lilo's Lair #28: Some of the Best Upcoming Science Fiction and Fantasy TV Shows. Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Animation. Media. Entertainment. Woman Owned.

Who loves tv shows? I usually don’t bring up my love of tv because my addiction to them is almost shameful. I especially love science fiction and fantasy series. Those are by far my favorite genres when it comes to most things–tv, books, movies, games, my intense fantasy life I dream up in my head.

Now that summer tv shows are dwindling down and the new season approaches, I’ve been keeping my eyes open for science fiction, and fantasy tv shows to replace the ones that are going to end soon. What I found was some really great ones, most of which are, coming out this fall. Here are the upcoming science fiction and fantasy shows that look the most promising!

#1 Inhumans

First up is a Marvel universe show! Inhumans are a super human race in the Marvel comics. Inhumans as a whole live longer than humans, are stronger, faster, and have better endurance. They also have specific powers gained from modifications and/or exposure to the Terrigen Mist, which mutates their genes and sometimes gives them super powers.

ABC has now made a television show all about the Inhumans, and it starts airing September 28th! Also, that premier will be a double feature with them airing the first two episodes of the season. Why they are likely doing this is because they shot the first two episodes entirely for IMAX. Those episodes are combined as a single feature and showing in IMAX theatres right now!

#2 Krypton

This show is all about the Superman’s home planet Krypton. It is set two hundred years before Superman. The show follows the story of Superman’s grandfather Seg-El as he tries to gain honor for his house–the House of El–after losing respect and being ostracized.

This is going to air on the SyFy channel but unfortunately no time soon. At first, their teaser trailer said 2017, but that has now been amended to 2018. Hopefully, that means it will be early 2018!

#3 Van Helsing

I’m sure many are aware of the tale of Van Helsing, the vampire hunter who’s character was first created in the classic novel Dracula. This character is nearly as popular as Dracula himself and keeps popping up in tv shows and movies. Sometimes more like the aged scholar from the book, and sometimes a younger muscled fighter who’s job is killing vampires on a daily basis. In this Syfy version, the world is overrun with vampires, and we follow the granddaughter of the original Van Helsing.

SyFy’s Van Helsing is not a new series. The first season came out last year and if you missed it (like I did) or want to see it again then head on over to Netflix, where they have the entire first season available for streaming. The second seasons will start October 5th on SyFy. Here is the trailer for the first season:

#4 Stargate Origins

Stargate!! Not sure about you guys but I have seen and love the original Stargate movie. Which is why I’m so excited about this Origins tv shows. It will serve as a prequel to Stargate SG-1 and follows the daughter of Professor Langford–the man who discovered the Stargate in 1928.

This tv show has no current release date, but the teaser says it will be this year. Stargate Origins will only be available digitally on Stargate Command–which is a paid for subscription site made by MGM.

#5 The Gifted

This is another Marvel universe and is specifically related to the X-Men series. The tv show follows the life of a family with two human parents and two mutant kids. The family is forced to go on the run from the government and eventually becomes part of an underground community of mutants who are fighting for survival.

This show will air on the FOX network starting October 2. I love me a good Marvel mutant story, and I like the premise of this one. It shows some of the things X-Men talks about, but we don’t see (the government hunting down mutants, including children).

#6 Star Trek: Discovery

A new Star Trek show! This series is set ten years before Star Trek: The Original Series. This show is about the Klingon T’Kuvma as he tries to unite the great 24 Klingon houses. This leads to a cold war between Klingons and the United Federation of Planets. Which–as you may have guessed–involves the crew of the USS Discovery.

This show will begin airing on CBS September 24th.

#7 Dark

Dark is creepy and certainly looks like a supernatural horror. This is a German Netflix show that revolves around the disappearance of two young children. The search for answers leads to exposed secrets of four families living in the town. It’s hard to see where this story is going exactly, but it is listed as a supernatural tv show, and I’m looking forward to how it unfolds.

Netflix will release the show sometime this winter. This show is in German with English subtitles.

As you can see there are plenty of science fiction, and fantasy tv shows to pick from coming up this fall and even a few to look forward to later this year and next year. This isn’t even the whole list, but just the ones that I think might be some of the best.

Click here to read Lilo Nash’s profile

DISCLAIMER: THE VIEWS AND OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THIS POST ARE SOLELY THOSE OF THE AUTHOR. THESE VIEWS AND OPINIONS DO NOT NECESSARILY REPRESENT THOSE OF SALJACK ENTERPRISES, IT’S STAFF, AND ANY/ALL CONTRIBUTORS TO THE SALJACK ENTERPRISES WEBSITES. SALJACK ENTERPRISES MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION REGARDING, DOES NOT ENDORSE, IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH AND IS NOT IN ANY WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE LINKED WEBSITES OR ANY CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON IT. IF YOU DECIDE TO VISIT ANY LINKED WEBSITE, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO REVIEW THE TERMS OF USE OF THE RELEVANT LINKED WEBSITE.

Lilo_Nash_signature

24 thoughts on “Lilo’s Lair #28: Some of the Best Upcoming Science Fiction and Fantasy TV Shows

1. jaygotera says:

This is a marvellous site! Now I can watch previews of all upcoming sci-fi blockbusters in one site! Way to go!

2. Hehe! Looking forward to Stargate and Star Trek. This is something I can watch with my siblings. They are sci-fi lovers. ❤

3. Chami says:

I love tv shows! My hard drive is literally full of them. And I can just watch them whole day. Can’t wait for this upcoming shows.

4. Era says:

Oh my gosh I can’t wait to watch all of these shows when I get home! I’m excited especially for Inhumans! I hope they make more shows like these in the near future for people to appreciate the genre more.

5. marchaching says:

Just like the genres I totally adore! I am definitely watching these. I love fantasy stories as well as horror and/or thriller! I just can’t wait.

6. This is it. Watch one episode and there’s no standing up until the season is over. Lol! I am just really excited!

I love scifi and fantasy shows/series. But I have to admit, with so many choices, I’m overwhelmed. If there’s one series I’d love to watch, it will be Krypton… yes, I’m a Superman fan!

8. Thank you so much for sharing this great info. Keep up the good work

9. thevoiceofpeople says:

Wow. So many cool series. I particularly loved the The Gifted and the Inhumans as they both impressed me with the trailer. I would definitely watch these two series no matter what. Usually I am not a big fan of series because I am a movie person but this time I will go as per your suggestion my friend. Thank you so much for sharng and I am pretty excited. 🙂

10. valine13 says:

Cool! I believe these are all worth the wait shows!

11. unvrso says:

I have always liked science fiction and fantasy. These TV shows are going to make my days. They are all very interesting to watch

12. kulengs says:

Wow that’s a lot of new shows to look forward to. I haven’t watched Van Helsing on Netflix yet but since it will have a Season 2, definitely checking it out.

13. wokerful says:

I find these kind of TV programs the most addictive, personally. Whenever there is a new TV show of this kind, I´m the first in line to watch it

14. mchesk16 says:

They say we’re in the golden age of television series. While movies are getting stale and more predictable, television shows are covering so much ground and have enormous followings. Inhumans kinda looks like a ripoff of X-Men, but who knows maybe it will gain momentum.

15. alright you got me on all the marvel ones. pretty excited for inhumans since i followed agents of shield alot. also watched the first season of vanhelsing.. it was different. was good enough where i look forward to the next season and want to see where they take it.

16. This is awesome Nash!!! my favorite article so far. Is Hellsing based on the movie or Alucard? Be Alucard please.

17. charlesxavier123 says:

I saw an article about this Inhumans show, Smart move by Marvel. However I am kinda bummed that the movie did not happen.

18. Thanks for sharing this article, Though I’m not really a fan of Sci-fi and Fantasy shows, I still appreciate it.

19. Katlim1214 says:

This is great article! I’m a Marvel fan. I’ve watched almost all series of Marvel such Agents of Shield, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, etc. Now, I’m so excited to watch Inhumans!

20. edg4r32 says:

With GoT on another hiatus (again), this should keep me pre-occupied for the next few months/years. I’m most excited about “The Gifted”, in case you’ll ask.

21. 34kristi says:

I guess this’ll mean my fall’s fully booked. Thanks for these recommendations, girl!

22. nightcrawlerxmen says:

Another Superman inspired show without Superman. Well is this their version of GOTHAM because if it is Oh no… Yes to me GOTHAM is not good.

23. Ateeq Parvaz says:

Please follow my blog for reviews on TV and Movies. Thanks

24. I’m definitely looking forward to Inhumans and The Gifted. Star Trek I’m struggling to get into, despite loving the other series, starting to get there in the more recent episodes though.