Lilo's Lair #27: Biomutant--A Sweet New Open World RPG. Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Animation. Media. Entertainment. Woman Owned.

Gamescon in Germany was just last week, where a new game called Biomutant was revealed. It is catching a lot of attention and that is simply because it looks awesome.

Biomutant is an open world role-playing game made by the same people who developed Just Cause 3 and Mad Max. It is going to be published by THC Nordic. At Gameson they showed the trailer and featured some game-play. Here is the trailer:

Looks pretty sweet! Now let me tell you everything I know about this upcoming game.

First, it is scheduled to come out sometimes in 2018 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. What the game is about is some cute raccoon/fox like creature turned badass. You get to play as this little creature who is trying to survive in a post-apocalyptic world filled with human like animals. There is a plague ravaging the land and poisoning the Tree of Life, which is dying. The tribes of this world are divided and it is up to you to unite the tribes and save the world….or destroy all the tribes. Whichever is more fun, right?

The combat system is based on martial arts style. However, you can not only master kung fu but also guns and biomutant abilities. You can progress your martial arts by training under masters that you meet. You can also customize your character with different robotic parts, mutations, and weapons. However, when you choose to alter your genetic code for different mutations you will create more contamination in the world. That can lead to more mutations in other creatures. Things that might make fighting them even harder.

Another really cool aspect of the game-play is crafting weapons. You can create your own weapons by putting together various parts. You can do this with melee weapons (slash, piercing, and crush styles) and also guns (revolvers, shotguns, and rifles). There is also the weird biomutant stuff. You can add items like chainsaws to contaminated vials of sludge to make a new weapon. Other than self-crafting you can even meet characters who can make items for you. Not just weapons either, but cool things like mechanical wings.

There is a lot of options in this game and that really makes me excited. When the game starts you can customize male or female, fur, size, and colors of your mutant raccoon. Throughout the game, you get a lot of weapon options like I have already glossed over. You can also choose other non-weapon things to equip on your character. Things like gas masks for exploring places with toxic air. Another “options” aspect to the game is an open world concept, which you means you get the choice of where to explore. Lastly, the game lets you make choices towards being good or evil. As soon as you create your character you are faced with a crossroads that gives you the option to unite the tribes or destroy them.

The world itself is vibrant and exciting, with a lot of different creatures and “people” to meet. You can use jet skis, hot air balloons, a UFO, and more to make your way across the world. There are bunkers, forests, an underworld, mountains, a miniature solar system, and more. As you explore and go about a quest your journey is narrated by a smooth, deep voiced man who does an exceptional job. It’s a really great aspect they added and if you watch the gameplay video I’m going to link further down you will see what I mean. It makes you feel as if you are going on the journey with a friend. It’s hard to go wrong with a sensational Brit explaining things.

Here is a little game-play teaser that shows you the range of the settings, vehicles, and other cool stuff:

Now this game-play video is from PAX, which just took place this previous weekend. It is an extended twenty-five-minute video that offers a great look into the game. Take a gander:

I’m a total sucker for the main character being some super cool rodent. I’m a long time lover of games with animal main characters since I obsessed over Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon as a kid. However, this game wouldn’t have even needed a mutant animal to get me excited. It’s not only the huge open world but also the options involved in the game–like crafting weapons and altering your DNA to enhance yourself. What also piques my interest is the mention of kung fu masters you can train under. There just seems like a lot going for Biomutant. I’m very excited about this game and hope it hasn’t made promises it can’t keep.

Unfortunately, the mysterious release date of “2018” is the only information we have on when it’s going to debut thus far. Which makes me a little nervous on when it will actually come out. Hopefully, this doesn’t end up being one of those games where the release date keeps getting pushed further and further back. However, I certainly wouldn’t want an unfinished game with tons of issues so I guess that means we are left waiting till they’ve got it good enough for release.

Click here to read Lilo Nash’s profile

DISCLAIMER: THE VIEWS AND OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THIS POST ARE SOLELY THOSE OF THE AUTHOR. THESE VIEWS AND OPINIONS DO NOT NECESSARILY REPRESENT THOSE OF SALJACK ENTERPRISES, IT’S STAFF, AND ANY/ALL CONTRIBUTORS TO THE SALJACK ENTERPRISES WEBSITES. SALJACK ENTERPRISES MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION REGARDING, DOES NOT ENDORSE, IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH AND IS NOT IN ANY WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE LINKED WEBSITES OR ANY CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON IT. IF YOU DECIDE TO VISIT ANY LINKED WEBSITE, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO REVIEW THE TERMS OF USE OF THE RELEVANT LINKED WEBSITE.

Lilo_Nash_signature

24 thoughts on “Lilo’s Lair #27: Biomutant–A Sweet New Open World RPG

1. charleenmae says:

Looking forward to it’s release. Hope it comes out early next year and hopefully its worth the wait. Haha

2. valine13 says:

Wow looks like a really cool game!

3. darkkvader says:

RPG is really cool.I love the graphics of this! gonna be worth the wait!

4. joseph richards says:

beautiful graphic. loved the foxes reaction. mad max and just cause were great so we can have some high hopes. also loved alot of THG’s games

5. unvrso says:

Another good game to try. This is very exciting, so game developers are producing quality entertainment

6. thevoiceofpeople says:

The game looks pretty dope and awesome. I am pretty impressed by the way that rodent is using those gadgets and transforming. It reminds me of the raccoon from the movie Guardians of the Galaxy. He was pretty intense and a cool character. The graphics are awesome and since you have mentioned that it will be available for PC, I am happy since I am planning to sell my console. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful game with us, Looking forward to more games like this in the future.

7. Jack says:

the racoon reminds me of rocket from guardian of the galaxy… which would really be cool, seeing as i always wanted to put myself in his little paws and go crazy violent. other than that, the graphic looks to be very detailed and the concept is intriguing.

8. wokerful says:

It’s good to see wild animals playing heroes and showing great fighting skills. The graphics are awesome

9. mchesk16 says:

Wow, this game looks jam-packed with everything you want in a post-apocalyptic war-zone. I love that the main character isn’t your stereotypical bounty hero and the fact that you can customize his/her looks is outstanding. I gotta try this one out.

10. I agree it looks cool. Looking forward to it. It’s going to be a fun.

11. Lol. Poisining the tree of life. Isn’t there any new concept for games nowadays. It’s like all the same. Being a tiny raccoon creature is cute though!

12. marchaching says:

Well I’m really excited right now! Literally can’t wait. It’s like the racoon on Guardians of the Galaxy, and I know it’s going to be fun.

13. What a badass racoon! Haha. Reading 2018 seemed such a long time but then I realized the -BER months are on so we won’t have to wait that long.

14. grayicemake says:

Is that Rocket Racoon? I know it is not but I cannot help it. Seems like Rocket had a badass brother that just came home or what not.

15. skydragonwendymarvell says:

Where is the continuation? What happens next to that Racoon? I take that we will see more characters come game proper.

16. kulengs says:

Oh wow, another amazing game in the making. I can”t wait to try this.

17. The graphics in this are top notch. I hope the story does not disappoint. Yes I am a story kind of player.

18. Guardians comes to mind in this. However, this is one raccoon you cannot mess with. Cool game.

19. Never heard of this game but from this review, I can say that Biomutant is really cool and fun game. It has great and amazing graphics and it gives gamers a lot of freedom.

20. Katlim1214 says:

Reminds me of Rocket Racoon from Guardians of the Galaxy. The idea of creating your own weapon just made this game super awesome. I can’t wait for it to be released but 2018 is such a long wait.

21. bebesherman1214 says:

Is it just me or is Biomutant’s protagonist looking a lot like Rocket from Guardians of the Galaxy?This looks awesome, IMO.

22. rob3rtow says:

Let’s wait for Biomutant’s release together, Lilo. I certainly wouldn’t mind the waiting… with you. 😉 no big fan of cutesy heroes but I sure am a fan of beauties like yourself! He he he

23. nightcrawlerxmen says:

is this a single player PRG or we may see Groot in here? Ha ha. All kidding aside , this looks like a well made game.

24. amaranto es says:

Is it just me or is Biomutant’s supporter looking a portion like roquette from Guardians of the Galaxy? All kidding aside , this looks like a well made biz.