Lilo's Lair #21: Megacool, the Mobile Gaming Gif Sharer. Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Animation. Media. Entertainment. Woman Owned.

Hello, everyone! Hope your weekend was a good one. It’s been raining non-stop where I’m at! Perfect weather for cuddling up close to a favorite game…maybe even a scary game? Or maybe not, I’m a scaredy cat. I’ve been eyeing some of the creepier new games though. I may take the plunge soon and hope for the best.

Anyway, there is a new software with mobile gaming in mind. How would you like to make GIFs of your mobile game and easily share them with your friends or whoever might enjoy them? Well, that is exactly what Megacool has created.

What this software does exactly is make GIFs of your mobile gaming and then allows you to directly upload it from the app to whatever platform you want–like Facebook, Twitter, or just message it to your friends. This is not something you can download for yourself. This is an application that is made to be integrated with mobile games by the makers of the game. It has just been released from beta, and I am sincerely hoping this catches on quick with mobile game makers.

GIFs are a great way to share a little overview of something. It’s perfect for the game creators who want to give a little view of what their game is about. It’s great for us players who want to show off something impressive, funny, cute, or whathaveyou in the game. I absolutely love GIFs, who doesn’t? A short (one to ten seconds) auto-playing video is perfect for my short attention span.

Some good moments to capture in GIF form would be defeating a boss, totally goofing up, dying funnily or horrifically in game, or reaching a new high score. What I usually do is make screen shots to send to folks. I think the last mobile game screenshot I created was of Neko Atsume. I had a pretty good amount of cats in my yard and wanted to force my mom to look at how cute the game is. She didn’t seem to care. It’s hard to impress nongamers, dang! Now, imagine if I had sent her a GIF of all those little cats playing with yarn balls and generally being cute. I bet my certified cat-lady mom would have been overtaken by love and demanded to know how to get the game. Or, more likely she’d still be unimpressed. The only game she has played in the last decade is Pokémon GO. Not a bad game to choose at least!

Now, when you send the GIF to your friends (or whoever), it can include things like links to your gaming profile and then the app will even suggest to the person they go beat your high score. Which will provide them a link to the game. I love that idea because it encourages group play. Games are fun alone, but they can be even more fun when you have other people to share the joy and compete with. The best part though is not having to search for a game in the play store. It’s just a click away! Which is especially great for games with weird names. Someone can ask, “Hey what’s that game,” and you can send them a link to the game via the Megacool app in game. Also, you can “refer a friend” to the game and receive rewards if they actually get the game. Megacool suggests games make rewards such as in-game currency or unique items for game referrals.

Another aspect of this app is the triggers. What I mean is that the app is triggered by certain things happening in game to automatically create a GIF for you. Things, like reaching a new high score or dying mid level, will be automatically made into a GIF and then suggested to you as a shareable moment. That is great since it’s hard to anticipate things like that. It would be annoying to think you are about to do something and keep telling it to make a GIF over and over again, haha. No, this app is smart, and that is what makes it so great.

I am all for this application being added to mobile games–particularly the more social or popular ones. Though, I also hope there would be an option to turn it off or remove it. I’m all for GIF sharing, but I don’t want every game I’m playing (even some long single player that no one else I know plays) to keep telling me it’s made a GIF and asks if I want to share it. I’m also concerned how much this would tax my phone for bigger games. Honestly, I think this is something better reserved for simpler games.

There are already some mobile gaming companies who are teamed up with Megacool (such as Dots and Candywriter), and this is a perfect time to launch their new games with the Megacool software. That is because this is the time of year game makers are trying to complete their games and push out updates. They all want them out on the market before the Christmas rush.

What do you guys think? Would you like having Megacool as part of your mobile gaming experience? I’d love to get my friends and family more involved with mobile gaming. It would also be fun to share goofy moments I’ve had with whoever I can get to watch it–haha.

Click here to read Lilo Nash’s profile

DISCLAIMER: THE VIEWS AND OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THIS POST ARE SOLELY THOSE OF THE AUTHOR. THESE VIEWS AND OPINIONS DO NOT NECESSARILY REPRESENT THOSE OF SALJACK ENTERPRISES, IT’S STAFF, AND ANY/ALL CONTRIBUTORS TO THE SALJACK ENTERPRISES WEBSITES. SALJACK ENTERPRISES MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION REGARDING, DOES NOT ENDORSE, IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH AND IS NOT IN ANY WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE LINKED WEBSITES OR ANY CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON IT. IF YOU DECIDE TO VISIT ANY LINKED WEBSITE, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO REVIEW THE TERMS OF USE OF THE RELEVANT LINKED WEBSITE.

Lilo_Nash_signature

20 thoughts on “Lilo’s Lair #21: Megacool, the Mobile Gaming Gif Sharer

1. GIF”s are fun. They are easy and lazy to use yet, funny and great to tease your friends.

2. Thanks for a great review like always. I always follow your site for great gaming reviews.

3. Omg this is so awesome! Every gamer should have this especially if they blog or have a fan page.

4. unvrso says:

That is a great idea. I like to share information with my facebook friends. Sharing gifs of the games I played will keep them informed of my progress in games

5. thevoiceofpeople says:

I really like the idea behind this game of sharing GIFs. It will be an awesome way to be in touch with the friends and updating about our progress. This is actually the first time hearing about an application like this and it is totally new to me. Thanks for sharing.

6. wokerful says:

Receiving rewads for sharing the game sound good to me. Sneding gifs to friends each time there is an achievement would be great for promoting the game too. Great!

7. Maury Cheskes says:

I think it’s a great idea, but I agree with you; it would be handy to turn the GIF option on and off. If the word gets out about Megacool gaming will be even more interactive than it is already which I think is a definite plus. It would also be cool if you could edit your video with commentary and slow-mo.

8. mchesk16 says:

9. bebesherman1214 says:

A promising app and my only hope is that it’d give users an option to add snippets of text. Nothing better than a GIF with matching subtitle/context. 🙂 gets me every time (especially if the writing is clever)

10. rob3rtow says:

Rainy weather is the perfect time to cuddle with your favorite game and a beauty like you, Lilo. 😉 And don’t mind me… I’m just one of your hopelessly smitten fan. ❤

11. wolfbro92 says:

U look freaking kinky and cute Lilo in that costume of yours =) You write great, you look great, what more can a subscriber ask for.

12. charleenmae says:

GIFs are the new things. Emojis are kinda overrated. Its a really cool thing to use. You can see it all over the internet and I just laugh on how hilarious people using it.😂

13. marchaching says:

I love GIFs and sharing them to family and friends. Megacool just made it easier to share game experiences.

14. gifs are really funny! I use them on other social media apps and it can simply brighten my day! great job, megacool! now it’s easier to share unpopular games to friends and fellow gamers.

15. Grecy Garcia says:

I appreciate GIFS because I can easily see the overview of something. Surely if there are GIFs, the person will able to check all throughout the video. This is done just to see the clear idea of what would you get in a video or game.

16. The Megacool app sounds both awesome and terrible to me at the same time. I like that it can send out links to your friends to make them be aware of it; however, gifs can sometimes be spoilers. I don’t think like the trigger feature. I’m wondering when does it actually start recording the gameplay. Is it a constant record from which a a 10 second section will be taken. If so, some mobile devices might not be able to handle it. Though, it seems really cool. I don’t think I’ll use it, but I see myself recommending it.

17. kulengs says:

Now this is truly great news. Can’t wait to make my screenshots to GIFs. Thank you for sharing.

18. darkkvader says:

I love GIFs its been popular here nowadays too.

19. valine13 says:

This moving pictures are great idea. Now I know the reason behind so many of the gifs.

20. stephanie254 says:

Perfect weather for cuddling up to a favorite game!! 😂😂😂 i thought you were heading in a totally different direction🙈…… This is really interesting. Gifs are hot right now. The thought that I can share Gifs of my favorite game( kendall and kylie) is so enticing. 😄