Rin's Room #19: Learn to Cook KFC Chicken in This Terrifying VR Tutorial. Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Animation. Media. Entertainment. Woman Owned.

I mean. What a fun…thing…to do…. Who doesn’t want to learn how to cook chicken from the very man himself?

I guess Kentucky Fried Chicken wanted to hop along the VR train. They designed this pretty-terrifying VR “escape room” where you’re imprisoned until you learn how to cook true KFC chicken from the frightening, slightly-demonic voice of Colonel Sanders. Working in fast food was hard enough, but having to live through this horrifying tutorial? It’s definitely bizarre, to say the least.

If you’re one of the lucky soon-to-be KFC employees, you’ll be able to play this “game” via Oculus Rift and complete the five-step process of cooking chicken–inspecting, rinsing, breading, racking, and pressure-frying–so that you can get out. Maybe they designed it so that they’d waste less chicken trying to train their new employees. Or maybe they just want to spook their trainees? According to a KFC spokesperson, this VR game is supposed to supplement the existing “Chicken Mastery Program“. Not gonna lie, a chicken mastery program sounds pretty awesome. Especially if it involves eating a bunch of fried chicken.

That being said, this isn’t the only weird thing that KFC has done in the name of all-things-chicken. Here’s some more.

1. In summer 2015, KFC released a fried chicken bucket that doubled as a photo printer. What was the point? It was dubbed the Memories Bucket and released in Canada.
  2. KFC Hong Kong produced flavored nail polish so that you can paint your nails, lick them, and taste some delicious fried chicken. It was produced in two “flavors”, the original recipe and hot n’ spicy. I mean…the idea is weird, but it doesn’t sound so bad. I’m pretty sure I’d wear it, even if it’s just for fun.
  3. A comic book.In July 2017 KFC partnered with DC Comics to create a comic book. The story revolved around a bunch of different and equally terrifying-but-also-fascinating Colonel Sanders. As if one wasn’t enough! In the book, they’re all trying to battle each other for ultimate dominion over fantastic fried chicken. Sounds like a battle I’d like to join, honestly.
  4. There’s no limit to what you can do with fried chicken. If you love fried chicken as much as Colonel Sanders does, then you’ll probably love the idea of KFC SPF 30 “Extra Crispy sunscreen“. It’s pretty nice of KFC that even though they love cooking chicken, they’re also making an effort to prevent humans from being cooked by the sun. Who doesn’t want to smell like KFC chicken? I feel like if I used this sunscreen I’d randomly start chewing on myself. Maybe it’s not such a good idea after all.
  5. Yankee Candle scents are so yesterday and last year and five years ago. You know what’s in now? Fried chicken scented candles. Instead of decorating your home with basic scents like vanilla or flowers, fill it with the wonderful aroma of freshly fried, crispy, delicious chicken. Haha, just kidding. This one was just a social media stunt from KFC New Zealand–but wouldn’t it be an awesome idea? The more I write the hungrier I get. Thanks, KFC.
  6. KFC-branded phone. It’s apparently being released in China in honor of its 30th anniversary in the country. The company has partnered with Huawei, one of the biggest smartphone manufacturers in China, to create the sleek red phone. Unlike in the States, many KFC orders in China are made through a mobile application. Mobile payments and mobile banking are huge in the country, so maybe it makes sense that they’d release a phone. It’ll be a little over $161 and will have the KFC app ready installed. Another app that’s supposed to be available on the phone is K-Music, which lets you choose the songs you hear in any KFC restaurant you visit.

So we could definitely look at the horrible VR training exercise as another offering in a long line of weird and crazy publicity stunts. It’s already making its way around the Internet!

RELEASE THE BIRDS. What do you think about the training game and the other stunts that KFC has pulled? Honestly, their marketing director is doing a pretty good job at keeping the company relevant and fresh. Kind of makes me want to grab a bucket of KFC, and maybe that’s what they’re aiming for. Hate the idea? Love it? Does it make you want to work for KFC?

Tell me your thoughts in the comments!

Click here to read Rin Fizzle’s profile

DISCLAIMER: THE VIEWS AND OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THIS POST ARE SOLELY THOSE OF THE AUTHOR. THESE VIEWS AND OPINIONS DO NOT NECESSARILY REPRESENT THOSE OF SALJACK ENTERPRISES, AND IT’S STAFF, AND ANY/ALL CONTRIBUTORS TO THE SALJACK ENTERPRISES WEBSITES. SALJACK ENTERPRISES MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION REGARDING, DOES NOT ENDORSE, IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH AND IS NOT IN ANY WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE LINKED WEBSITES OR ANY CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON IT. IF YOU DECIDE TO VISIT ANY LINKED WEBSITE, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO REVIEW THE TERMS OF USE OF THE RELEVANT LINKED WEBSITE.

Rin_Fizzie_Signature

25 thoughts on “Rin’s Room #19: Learn to Cook KFC Chicken in This Terrifying VR Tutorial

1. I’m very affectionate of your blogging and redistribution.

2. unvrso says:

I would not mind having a whole day´s adventure learning the secrets of KFC. I still remember the last time a had two pieces of their chicken

3. wokerful says:

It´s good that the big companies are doing something to keep ther customers satisfyed, not only with food but with entertainment, as well

4. joseph richards says:

not gonna lie. this looks awesome. the shadows at the beginning made me life with the sanders and chicken silhoutte . also this would be a cool way to train. i’d be interested in finding out the effectiveness of its training

5. Chami says:

This one got me craving for KFC now! Of all the fastfood chains here, I always go to KFC when I’m craving for chicken. Not only that. They give unlimited gravy and its so yummy I can put it all over my rice😂 I’m sure I’d get one of those flavored nail polish too😕😂 I can’t wait for what KFC has to offer next.

6. I LOVE THIS CONCEPT! THE EXPERIENCE LOOKS SO GREAT ON VR TOO! I WOULD DEFINITELY WANNA EXPERIENCE THIS. TAKE MY MONEY!

7. marchaching says:

I’m craving for KFC! I’d love to try this! And I just made their cheesy mashed potato with nuggets last night, for the love of my life. Lol!

Is the game open to the public? Or just to KFC employees? I think it’s a fun concept!

9. hals3y says:

Sheez! I’m into gore and stuff but this one? It scared the bejeezus out of me! I think that maniacal Col. Sanders voice might just be giving me nightmares tonight 😦

10. garymick344 says:

Nobody better to teach you how to cook the perfect chicken than the person who’s built an empire from cooking one. On second thought, I’ll probably learn how the conventional way. I’d rather burn myself while cooking than be asked to go through this VR nightmare.

11. akira851 says:

are you kidding me? KFC HK made a nail polish flavored with chicken? they are really taking finger lickin good to a whole new level haha

12. frankie806 says:

KFC branded phones? can someone explain the craziness behind it. I know that china and japan has all those going but seriously? VR is good but the concept is uhmm idk.

13. Charles Walker says:

The bird decoy is hilarious, hahaha. I just had some KFC yesterday, and I would definitely want some more…no thanks to this post LOL

14. Elizabeth says:

I have always loved chicken. Since KFC opened their outlets in Kenya I have been their regular customer. Chicken has never tasted any better than KFC. Every week am always buying, then their fries to. I would work for KFC any day any time and their marketing skills are so on point. That is how to keep your customers glued to your store.

15. wolfbro92 says:

Great, now I don’t have to go to a real KFC but just use this VR and play this game to satisfy my hunger lol. Great idea for a game really, super impressed by this.

16. Who doesn’t love KFC and their fried chicken!?! I love this VR training concept and every other weird but amusing marketing stunts they’re (or were) having. I feel hungry just watching the video, how much more if I will be playing it for hours.

17. I find this VR amusing and entertaining instead of “terrifying”. I think this is a perfect way to practice cooking chicken, not just for KFC!

18. teddclark58 says:

Instead of wasting actual resources/ingredients to teach newbies how to cook the perfect fried chicken, KFC turns to VR technology. Now that’s what I call “brilliant”. I’m impressed.

19. zak413 says:

To think that folks ’round here find this simulation “amusing”… what’s wrong with you, people?

Evil voice-over, check.

Bizarre imagery, check.

Small, airless, claustrophobic room, check.

In real life, this is either the lair of a supervillain or the den of a serial killer.

20. WOOOOOAH I looove eating KFC Fried Chicken and I will definitely enjoy this game. Wanna learn the secret recipe. 🙂

21. 34kristi says:

OMG, what did I just watch?! This doesn’t look like a serious training material at all… more like a joke (and a bad one at at that) to me.

22. edg4r32 says:

If a KFC employee refuses to go through this VR simulation… do they get fired? Yep, really bad pun intended. Ha ha ha

23. Eleanor15 says:

I honestly am scared if this is a VR game. Everything looks sinister: the voice over, the room and the graphics! But then again some people enjoy this. Go figure.

24. The Runaway says:

Undecided if I like this game or not. Sure I love KFC and their chicken but the game doesn’t go with their branding. It just seems off to me.

25. Grecy Garcia says:

I love this blog. You had shared lots of information about KFC and what they are establishing before. KFC flavor painted nails, that is awesome. About the VR game of KFC, I want to try this one. I don’t know how to cook and this one will surely help me.