Ky's Korner #80: Honor Of Kings. Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Animation. Media. Entertainment. Woman Owned.

What Up Friends!? So glad to have you back!

How many of you guys are addicted to your mobile games?? OMG! I know I too am! LOL… How many of you rely on them to keep you company at least a few times a day?? I’m guilty… I’ll admit it! Of course… I love the classics… You know, Candy Crush, BubbleWitch, & even UNO… but, every now and then I need something more… So the search is on!

I’m a competitive sort of person in general… mobile games to me are the perfect way to battle other people from around the world and put my skills to the test… I love that! So, naturally, I was on the hunt for a multi-player mobile game and… trust me, as you all know…there’s plenty of them out there to choose from but…I came across this game called “Honor Of Kings”… You guys may have heard of it already because y’all are super cool like that… However, I hadn’t heard a thing about it… Until now of course…

Tencent Holding Ltd., the giant gaming company out of China, is finally launching Honor Of Kings… The game is super popular in China already, and now they are hoping it will have the same success elsewhere. HOK’s is a smart phone mobile game, and it is now being released in both the UK and the US sometime this year. The release was at one point put on hold because the game was shown to have addictive features, and some thought it was important to protest against it. I, for one, think most games have addictive features, and that’s what we love about them… I mean right? Being addicted to anything other than. Oh, I don’t know.. Let’s say working out… Can be hazardous to our health in some way, I suppose but… It’s also an excellent way to forget all your troubles.. even if it’s just for a little while and, we all need that. We’ve talked about this before… It’s almost a form of therapy for some of us.

Tencent has now promised to find a way to control the issue… Their answer is to put a cap on the hours an under age user is able to access the app. This is aimed at pleasing Chinese officials that claim the game is harmful to the “psychology of minors.” These “caps” restrict players under the age of 12 to one hour of game play per day and all other users under the age of 18 will be capped at 2 hours of game play per day. This may hinder usage of the game here in the US… I have a feeling our youth won’t care for these rules too much… We shall see but, It’s certainly got me wondering… Just how addictive is this game. Really??

Anyway, Honor Of Kings is their number one seller over in ChinaAll that tells me is this must be one Hell of a game! A game I must play… At least just to see what the fuss is all about but… that intrigues me for sure.

On average, over 55 million users play the game daily and, its monthly revenues are high… Like over 147 million a month high! WOW!! That’s pretty impressive by my standards anyway!

It’s a multiplayer online arena game, developed by Riot Games, so it was just what I was looking for… regarding battling other players. You play as the Summoner, and that does not change throughout the game. Summoner’s collect gold, rune and experience points during battle and you are able to level up one your Summoner reaches certain levels. There are also level unlock spells to cast and while in story mode, each level you play will increase your hero’s attributes.

Rune items are used to enhance certain aspects of your champions skill level. Runes can be collected by obtaining Rune points during achievements or events listed in the Rune pages.

Currency is paid in Gold after each battle, as well as, vouchers & gems. Gems are unlocked after reaching certain lifetime achievements, and vouchers are only available by purchasing them through the app. Looks like I won’t be using many vouchers… LOL.

There are the modes of gameplay here… During Adventure Mode there are 3 maps to play through while following the story. Free Match Mode features several maps including 1 vs. 1, 3 vs. 3 and 5 vs. 5 and during weekends unique maps are added and are available to play. Last but, not least is Ladder Mode… this mode is season-based in which the summoner battles to increase their rankings.

Here’s a little sneaky peek at what the game actually looks like… I have to say I like what I see here…

What do you all think? Is this game for you? Will this be your next mobile download? Let me know… Comments, please!

Thanks so much you guy’s for stopping by Ky’s Korner today!! Let chat again soon!

To read more from Ky Lynn click here

ky_signature

28 thoughts on “Ky’s Korner #80: Honor Of Kings

1. Maury Cheskes says:

Looks like everything you want in a mobile game. The graphics and different game modes look really advanced. Thanks for the article.

2. Wow another mobile game announcement. Now I have to figure out how to make more space on my phone for this. I’d love to play adventure mode as always as I do when playing! 😀

3. valine13 says:

Looking forward for more mobile games blog Ms. Ky! Because I’m looking for free games, so I want to check those out.

4. darkkvader says:

Another game! Thanks ms. Ky! I’ll definitely will check this!

5. Yes I agree most games have addictive features and it helps us in forgetting every trouble around us, just for some time but it helps like movies. Well, will give this game a try…

6. JansenS says:

Another online strategy games like this will be surely a hit. Make sure to play with moderation and bring on your best skills! Nice article!

7. shootergamer says:

Thanks Ky for bringing me up to date with the gaming world! Lookinf at the preview from the video you posted, this game defintely looks promising when it becomes available to us in the States. Looking forward to the time this will be released stateside and I don’t mind about the cap or hours you can play. I’m sure that when this game becomes available here or on other countries, the cap will be removed.

8. This mobile game app sure is intriguing! It got me thinking about how addictive it can be due to putting a cap on the play hours in China. I’m looking forward to this game. For sure, I’m going to be testing it when it’s released. Thanks Ky for this intriguing post.

9. unvrso says:

I sometimes download games to my mobil. I also like to play different games. It calms me and hones my gaming skills

10. amaterasu123 says:

For a moment I thought it will be like BEJEWELED lol. Or is that how the game looks on mobile? Either way I play games like this.

Interesting how they are trying to put a cap on gamers’ playing time. Let’s see how it all works out. I’m interested to play this if only to see what’s its edge over other games.

12. This sucks if you do not have a phone. PC version anyone? This is unfair.

13. micorobin says:

Anything with Bejeweled is fine by me. This game can kill alot of time for me and I can replay it a lot. Better download this quick.

14. snowdrop says:

Sounds just like what we need. But how does this cap thing work? How do they know we are under 12 or 18?

15. patpat22 says:

55 million users daily??? WOW! No wonder it is now being hailed as the world’s top grossing game! I’ve heard a lot about it from my friends but I haven’t really given it a try. Guess that changes now. Downloading..

16. pattyindi says:

For that huge number of population playing it, I think the capping is just right. They’re just trying to protect the youth. And by the way, it looks similar to League of Legends. I like that it has different game modes especially the free match mode. Thanks for this!

17. charlesxavier123 says:

Looks like an earlier version of Warcraft but I love it regardless. Simplicity is beauty I say.

18. I agree at times the best form of a game is its simplicity. Take Space Impact for example it is straight forward but it was a hit.

19. rage87 says:

Wow! Fantastic game! I guess it’s quite similar to DOTA2? I like that you can play on 5vs5 of which you and your friends are team mates. Sounds interesting! If only I had a smartphone I would really play this game since my phone was broken recently and need to fix it. But does this game has in-app purchases as well?

20. 34kristi says:

Now this one’s more my cup of tea! Although this doesn’t seem to stray far from games like LoL, I think the logic here is “don’t fix it if it ain’t broke”

The game sure intrigues me, Ky!

21. coyleon says:

It’s games like these that make me wish I have the latest smartphone model! This looks so much fun and I can only cross my finger that my Android smartphone can handle such a game! 😦

22. I’m addicted to Candy Crush too!!! Omg! It seems we have similar taste in games, I’ll try it out, thanks for the recommendation! Candy Crush is getting a bit old (but still addictive)

23. grayicemake says:

That If it aint broke do not fix it is spot on. Games like this will always have a place because it is fun and how cheesy it is.

24. micorobin says:

I agree old games maybe cheesy and even out dated but here is the thing. They are called Classics for that very reason.

25. lakshya1503 says:

This is everything u could ask for and much more! Did hear about Honor of Kings from my brother in China.. Graphics look spot on and different play modes is also fascinating. Looking forward to it.

26. luffyzorro2012 says:

I am hype for this game now since there is a ton of positive reviews about it, Warcraft + Bejeweled? That is cool.

27. alexsummers123 says:

Well we will know how good this is once I play it. I actually has less reservations about this compared to other games.

28. sansnomph says:

Went to China recently and I’m telling you Ky, every kid on the block plays this game. Insane, right?! I tried downloading this and it kept me up for nights! I had fun with this! Thanks for your article!