Ky's Korner #79: Cosplay Battles & Myx TV. Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Animation. Media. Entertainment. Woman Owned.

Hello My Awesome Friends!

So, lately…. I’ve been thinking about finding ways to incorporate more Cosplay into what I already do… Life is busy though, so… it’s taking me a while to figure out just how I am going to make it all work… However, it has allowed me to learn more about it.

Now, don’t get me wrong… I know about Cosplay, I know the popularity of it and how much fun it all is… I get it… I know I can find a way to work it all in… I’ve got to after researching these Cosplay Battles! Have you heard of these? I’m sure most of you have but, they totally look like so much fun!!

As many of you know these Cosplay Competitions or battles if you will take place all over the world. Unfortunately, I have yet to attend one… hopefully soon!

There are even some websites that frequently hold online battles like such as, ign.com. Right now, the contest consists of past Comic-Con attendees. Their competition is called “Face Off.” They basically took pics of all the best Cosplay outfits so that now they can battle them against each other. They put two Cosplayer’s up against each other, and you get to decide which one is the winner. Cast your vote for your favorites today… Here’s the link if you feel like checking it out…

Okay, now who knows about Myx TV? Did you know that this site has Cosplay Comps for real cash? Oh, yeah… I said cold hard cash friends! The contest is actually called “Call To Cosplay.” During each episode, they feature two cosplayers. Those two cosplayers then compete for the cash. They are given a theme, a budget and, one mystery element to include in their costume, which they only have eight hours to create.

I just think this is such an excellent idea! There are two rounds… The first round is the “Creation” round. The two most important elements here are…

1. Creativity
  2. Authenticity

Each category is worth 20 points. The competitors will create their Cosplay costume then they will have a chance to describe what inspired them during its creation.

The second round is called the “Showcase” Round. There are two categories in this round too…

1. Craftsmanship
  2. Showmanship

Craftsmanship is worth 20 points and showmanship is worth 40 points and that brings us to a total of 100 points. So by the end of the battle… whom ever is closest to getting all 100 points wins. Keep in mind any players that do not meet the 8 hour deadline are automatically disqualified and their opponent is deemed the winner. I just love this concept so much! Here’s a link to past competitions…

Not everything on the site has to do with Cosplay directly. The have a ton of shows… Its pretty much an online TV Station with multiple shows with various topics being played everyday. You can even look up the schedule so you know exactly what you want to tune in for along with a list of all their shows. It’s pretty freakin cool! Here’s a clip from one of their episodes… the theme here is Vampires! You know I love that & you will too… Check it out!

So was is your favorite the winner? Were you satisfied with those results or do you have a much different opinion? If so, comment and let me hear it! Is this something you would like to continue to watch? Were you impressed with the channel? I think I am… Lol.

Saljack had Cosplay Comps from time to time friends… So don’t forget to stay on top of everything that’s going on here at Saljack… You might miss out in something totally awesome if you do! Have you entered one of our contests? Oh, I’d love to hear about if you did! Comment… Comment… Comment.. Lol!

After seeing all this, it really makes me want to step up my Cosplay game that’s for sure! Do you guy’s compete is these? Have you competed in any? If so, tell us about your experience. I’d love to read it in the comments!

Well, that’s it for today yous’ guys! Thank you so very much for stopping by Ky’s Korner today… Cant wait to chat again tomorrow so don’t forget to check back in! TA-TA for now…

To read more from Ky Lynn click here

ky_signature

19 thoughts on “Ky’s Korner #79: Cosplay Battles & Myx TV

1. Maury Cheskes says:

Looks like a creative display. There’s a lot you can come up with in an eight hour deadline. Thanks for the article.

1. pattyindi says:

I have some cosplayer friends and maaaann, sometimes eight hours isn’t enough. 😁 It really depends on the difficulty of the character you are trying to pull off.

2. wolfbro92 says:

I feel that having these cosplay competitions are really good and encourages more to go out there and try their luck at cosplaying. I know this because I am one of many who want to cosplay but just don’t have the right motivation to do it. That Rogue cosplayer looked really cute btw =)

3. theinterpreter13 says:

didn’t know about cosplay before. Thanks for the update. Keep enlightening Ky…

I’m not a cosplayer but I’ve always had fun looking at the costumes and sometimes see cosplayers walking around whenever there’s an event nearby. I think the show concept is cool but I probably wouldn’t watch out for it completely. Only because I’ve seen some intricate, awesome costumes before that it’s very hard to top them. I think the cosplayers in the show really have to bring something new to the table to capture people’s attention.

5. lakshya1503 says:

WOAH! Cosplay competitions! It just sounds so cool! Though haven’t much of a cosplayer personally, it’s always great to get a feel of things. The concept is certainly promising. Looking forward.

6. I’m happy that there’s a competition for cosplayers. It is a great way to appreciate their amazing talent and creativity

7. unvrso says:

I like the concept of competition and getting a reward for it, at least some points, that makes me put all my efforts into the game. Thanks for the cosplayers and the competition

8. patpat22 says:

Awesome! I’ve never tried joining at any Cosplay event before, but just knowing there are entities who invite cosplayers to showcase their creativity and earn real cash makes it more amazing!! Wanna see more!

9. pattyindi says:

Wow, it’s really impressive! I like the Dracula guy carrying a staff with black feathers on his back! He’s so in character. Love it!

10. kadoyatsukasa123 says:

For the theme of the week that is what this is I assume. I May have to take the hellsing one. Do not get me wrong that movie is uggghhhh!!! but at least we seen that character in action as suppose to the other one.

11. On Vampires on Parade, I would have wanted Ali to win that round! I liked her look and her rendition better than Quinn.

12. valine13 says:

Never tried doing a cosplay but I want to experience at least once! There are also a lot of people who will be delighted to see you dressing up their favorite character.

13. darkkvader says:

I’ve gone to a cosplay event before and it’s really fun! Just enjoying watching them do their poses!

14. JansenS says:

I’m not a fan of cosplay really but because of this new idea, it got me interested. Cosplay brought into a platform of games looks exciting. Definitely worth the try.

15. rage87 says:

I wasn’t able to take part of the previous cosplay competitions that Saljack has conducted. Though I am not really a cosplayer but I was attracted to the prizes that’s why I wanted to join the competition but unfortunately, I wasn’t able so because of busy schedules offline. I hope that there will be another cosplay competition and I hope I could join in this competition.

16. luffyzorro2012 says:

These Vampires are very far from what I imagine. Damn watching too much Twilight.

17. alexsummers123 says:

You are funny bro ha ha. However as cheesy as Twilight was I will take it over Hellsing. That movie was worse in my opinion.

18. sansnomph says:

I used to cosplay before and I never had an eight-hour deadline! But hey Ky, this is absolutely amazing! Thanks for your article! This really made me miss my cosplaying days!