Ky's Korner #77: LawBreakers. Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Animation. Media. Entertainment. Woman Owned.

Well Hello Again!

I just heard about this new game coming out soon called LawBreakers… I am so excited to tell you guys all about it! You may have heard about this game already without even knowing it… Previously the game was known under a code name. That code name being Blue-Streak. If not, no worries… I was unaware of this myself. LawBreakers is a first- person shooter… the kind of game we all love to play… developed by Boss Key Productions and published by Nexon.

In the beginning, this was a free-to-play game but, back in March of 2016, Boss Key announced they had abandoned that concept for a different pay-to-play version instead. I guess it’s due to the popularity of the demo and many downloads it has gotten since its debut in 2016 at the PAX East Gamer Festival in Boston.

The game goes something like this….

There are two teams, each with five players. The teams must work together to complete the object assigned to the match. One side plays as the law, and the other side plays at the breakers. Each team has the same rules and or play style, except you cannot have the same character.

There are four different game modes…

OverCharge: This is the Capture-The-Flag mode. You all know what I mean. You must take over your opponents territory. Your mission is to find the battery… take it back to your Safehold and defend it until you reach 100%, then another 20 seconds to claim your point. The first team to score three points wins.

Turf-War: There are three capture points spread out across the map. Teams must hold out long enough to win as many points as possible until the highest number of points has been achieved. Once all three points have been captured, all points after that are added to the team’s total score.

Uplink: This mode is similar to OverCharge, the only real difference is there is no battery, this time it’s a satellite dish instead. The upload percentage is not linked to the dish but to your progression while defending the link.

Last but certainly not least…

BlitzBall: During BlitzBall, both teams must race to find the Blitzball itself, (voiced by, Justin Roiland) in the middle of the map. Once you have achieved the Blitzball, you must run to the goal which happens to be located at your opponents base, to fully score your point. The first team with the max number of points wins that match. If the Blitzball carrier drops the ball before reaching the goal, the ball may be picked up and is still in play… If the ball is not taken the game will reset, putting the ball back in the center of the map but… If you take to long getting to the goal, the ball with explode and you will explode right along with it, it will then re-center.

According to Cliff Bleszinski, Co-Founder of Boss Key Productions & Developer of LawBreakers says, “A lot is going on, and we’re going to continue to hammer on the clarity of experience,” states Bleszinski. Now, all that complexity is precisely what Boss Key is going for here. He goes onto explain, “Each character should feel like they could be the lead in their own game. That’s the dream of the trendy “hero shooter” genre.”

The game includes 18 characters each with their own roles to play… Each one comes with their own primary weapon with a variety of functions along with a secondary weapon and a list of their own separate abilities. They each have their own combo moves, and they vary between classes. The game has a lot to offer and moves through very quickly.

Now, I am more than ready to see this game in action, how about you guys!? Let’s check out that trailer!!

Well, I think it’s surely worth giving a shot. Please chime in here folks and let me know your thoughts… The game has been compared to Overwatch… would you say that’s a fair assessment? Are y’all down to give this game a go??

Well, thanks so much friends for stopping by Ky’s Korner today… I’m always happy to have you here!

To read more from Ky Lynn click here

ky_signature

26 thoughts on “Ky’s Korner #77: LawBreakers

1. unvrso says:

This game seems like a good action game. I would like to play the villains, so I can get the excitement. Does Not mean that the law keepers won´t. Ready for the game!

Liked by 2 people

1. JansenS says:

This game is one of a kind compared to other online games. Making this a play-to-pay version is reasonable because of it’s potential to be a top listed mobile game. This will give amusement to every gamer!

2. I’m really into the overcharge game mode. It gets me all pumped up and competitive!

3. Maury Cheskes says:

Woo!!!!! Even looking at the trailer gets me jacked up. With all those game modes I’m sure there’s plenty of terrain to cover for weeks on end.

4. theinterpreter13 says:

i love all first person shooter games. And coming from the boss key, it will sure be fun…

5. lakshya1503 says:

Wow! This is edge of the seat stuff! U can make the law as well as break it! Just amazing.. Boss key has certainly turned up the game.. Looks terrific. Can’t wait to get down playing it.

6. rage87 says:

As I watched the trailer, all I could say is that this game is awesome. I like action games especially if it is a team game wherein you play with a team to meet a certain goal, and that is to win and defeat the opponent.

7. valine13 says:

This game looks exciting to play. I also like the characters look.

8. darkkvader says:

I like shooting games and also awesome rules to follow as well!

9. titanierza says:

This is impressive. I can tell that it is not a standard shooting game. I can play with this.

10. You know at first I thought “oh no not another mediocre pay to play game like the rest of them” but then I saw the trailer and thought “hey, this isn’t that bad”. Turns out after doing a bit more google and youtube searching it’s actually looking really well made and really fun to play. So I’m going to be keeping my eye on this one from now on, thanks Ky!

11. Albeneth says:

I couldn’t agree more! Im also excited of the Lawbreaker’s launching. I think this is another cool game.

12. alexsummers123 says:

Now this is a shooting game with a lot of kick in it. I like it and I want more.

13. rob3rtow says:

It’s a fair comparison to say it gives an Overwatch kind of atmosphere… and playing the game myself, watching LawBreakers’ trailer is getting me giddy with excitement! Man, this’ll be fun!

14. edg4r32 says:

As fun as it may sound, LawBreakers isn’t F2P? Why isn’t the best games nowadays for free? That’s such a bummer! I’m sure a lot of us long-time gamers here would want to give this baby a shot (pun intended)

15. zeus04 says:

This sure looks like fun! I’d give LawBreakers a try and see how it compares to Overwatch. One of the biggest draw of the latter is the rich plot behind it so I’m not so sure how this one would fare against that. Overall, I think it’s a solid find on your part, Ky. 🙂

16. teddclark58 says:

A high-flying, gravity-defying shooter? Would it hold a candle to Overwatch? Honestly, I don’t see that happening but I’m sure this one can create its own niche in a very saturated genre.

As for me, I’ll be gunslinging with the LawBreakers and see what’s the hype all about

17. saviourv says:

The trailer didn’t initially impress me too much, but I did check out another video on this game, which DID impress me a little more. Mind you, I’ve never played Overwatch before.

Low-gravity (or no-gravity), fast-paced combat? That does sound quite promising. I might consider getting the game if it continues to show significant promise.

18. wolfbro92 says:

The trailer looks friggin awesomeeeee. I need to see a playthrough of this too. Is there some BETA version of this out there yet? Would love to try it.

19. shootergamer says:

Great detailed review Ky! I’m excited to download and play the game already. You’re right some of us are familiar with this game as Blue-streak.
    I like the fact that the characters in LawBreakers could be a lead in their own game as co-founder Cliff Bleszinski says. Plus they have their own roles to play with a primary and secondary weapon and separate ability. Those things are making me excited with just waiting!

20. Amazing trailer, the graphics and story line are interesting. The BlitzBall game mode is definitely challenging but, I think it’s fun.

21. patpat22 says:

The good thing about this game aside from great graphics, is I think the characters are well-designed. If it’s being compared with Overwatch, then this is something to look forward to! Can’t wait!

1. pattyindi says:

I totally agree! Overwatch has a lot of amazing things in it and I think, above all else, its success is built on the backs of its excellent characters. Lawbreakers being compared with it is a good sign!

22. pattyindi says:

I like that the game is encouraging the players to think tactically about their role and that they could lead on their own. This is pretty interesting. Really a must try!

23. Iivxi says:

The trailer already had my adrenaline pumping! Can’t wait to try this! Will definitely share this with my friends. Rad stuff!!

24. amaterasu123 says:

It is called Business that is why It is not free. However with a game this good. I would not mind buying. It is worth it.