Ky's Korner #75: Husband Storage Pods? Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Animation. Media. Entertainment. Woman Owned.

Howdy Friends!!

How many of you guys out there have been out shopping with your lady and found yourself bored out of your mind? Not many men I know, love to shop, and this can cause an interesting situation for us ladies. Keeping your man entertained while you shop is no easy task for most of us… Am I, right girls??

Or….viceversa… How many ladies have been shopping with their man and just felt annoyed because you had absolutely no interested even visiting such places. This can be an issue for both sides, and China may have found the most perfect solution to our problem.

Inside Global Harbor Mall in Shanghai, they have installed glass box-like structures… The pod’s official name is “Husband Storage Pod”… From what I can tell, I’ll be honest there are a lot of names out there for these things. Each pod contains a large comfy chair, a monitor, and computer, a gaming pad, some even have a gaming system with a wide variety of games to choose from. You can also watch television & movies as well as listen to music.

While shopping can turn into an expensive venture… Using the Pods is not. “The Husband Pods” are completely free to use, at least for now while the testing remains in progress. Once the Pods have become a permanent fixture, a fee may be required.

The Pods have been out for public use for over a month now and have proven to be most popular with husbands waiting on their wives while they shop. Many of the men interviewed during testing hours said they really enjoyed the Pod but admitted there were still some kinks to work out.

I am sure some bugs need fixing but, this is a great idea, and it is only the beginning. Can you imagine this thing after all the testing is finished and it’s working in perfect order?? I mean this could be so useful to all of us at some point or another.

Now, one thing I have to admit, I could not deal with is a lack of air-conditioning. Some of the testers said that the air’s circulation inside the pod was less than satisfactory.

Female shoppers were also included in the testing trials… Most of their feelings we pretty mixed. About half loved it while the other half simply did not. Some of them women said they became worried that they would end up waiting for their husbands to finish their games even after they were done shopping… Other’s found it to be a way for them to shop till they drop.. without having to feel sorry for dragging their husbands around with them.

Overall feeling about the Pods is very mixed. There is a lot of room for improvement, and a lot of women have decided they would rather have their man there to carry the bags and keep them company. To each their own I suppose. Here’s a clip, giving us a little more insight as to how it all works…

What do you guys think about this “Pod” situation? MenDo you love it? Gamer girls. Do you? Who thinks it could help your relationship and who thinks it would do more harm than good? I read a lot of women saying they would like to be supported during shopping as we all have to make sacrifices in our relationships. Personally, I don’t see any harm in it, and I am hoping they will be perfected soon and maybe will see some over here soon. I can also see it being something that moms could use to entertain their children, for teens that might be easier. Hopefully, either way, the Pod locks… I would assume there is a way to keep others out while you relax and game.

Let me hear your thoughts… I’m interested to see how you guys feel about this! Thanks so much for stopping by Ky’s Korner today… Let’s chat again very soon!!

To read more from Ky Lynn click here

ky_signature

24 thoughts on “Ky’s Korner #76: Husband Storage Pods?

1. unvrso says:

I´m one of those who would like to relax while my woman is shopping, many times, I get bored of just walking without anything in mind related to shopping. Having something that entertains in a mall is great

2. This is awesome. My boyfriend’s going to want to shop with me now and just stay in the pod. He’d probably be so addicted, I’d be the one waiting for him to finish.

3. To be honest, since I was raised mostly by female figures, some feminine traits of mine have begun to stick. When it comes to shopping with someone or by myself, I am what one would call a metrosexual, so shopping for stuff, no matter what that stuff is, is no problem for me.

4. theinterpreter13 says:

cool! it’s a great idea. I think it’s soon gonna be practiced in many countries.

5. Amanda says:

Great. That means man can’t whine anymore when woman takes a long time to shop. they have their own activity while waiting

6. valine13 says:

Wah, really? That’s so awesome! I tend to agree that only few males enjoy shopping with their girls. they tend to get bored and tired of waiting.what a great idea is this!

7. darkkvader says:

Hoping all the malls have this seriously! This is really helpful for any male and female shoppers! but dont take it too much!

8. miakayuuki2012 says:

How big are these pods though? What are its features? That is certainly a good addition in our shopping experience.

I love the idea! However, I will not be surprised if there is going to be a long queue to use the pods even if there is payment involved.

10. luffyzorro2012 says:

Well, to me it is a refreshing way to go shopping. Instead of waiting Idly for hours since girls takes that long why not kill time? I am all for this.

11. lakshya1503 says:

That could be such a saver! Though not married yet, my girlfriend’s shopping is no less a pain! Can’t imagine how worse it can get post marriage! Kidding there. The only thing with all the excitement that comes with it, proper Air Con is just a must!!

12. kittyprydexmen says:

It will act as a waiting area for dudes. Finally as a dude I can finally be excited with shopping.

13. nightcrawlerxmen says:

If this is available in my area I will come to shop often because now I wont be bumbed out. Thanks for sharing.

14. I have the same problem with my boyfriend.lol
    He doesn’t want to roam inside the mall specially on the women’s section wherein there’s a lot of great finds (dress and makeups are everywhere) he prefer sitting on the nearest available seat just to play games. This will be a good idea if all shopping malls have this. 🙂

15. titanierza says:

Malls should follow this example. I mean men are customers too and with this in place they will not hesitate to go to stores. I know because I get bored easily waiting for my sister doing shopping.

16. alexsummers123 says:

This is simple yet neglected idea and I am all for it.. Who knows with this in place men will wanna go shopping.

17. 17keane says:

If your spouse is out shopping and you tag along… well, can’t you just pull out your smartphone and play mobile games while waiting, instead? And if that isn’t to your liking, I’m sure your local mall has some amusement center or arcade you could go to. TBH, I’m not so sure what to think of these “husband storage pods”.

18. finley001 says:

I can see it as a handy amenity when you’re bringing kids… not when you’re shopping with your hubby. Call me traditional but a man has to lend his woman a hand in such cases, especially when they’re both doing the grocery.

19. wolfbro92 says:

My girlfriend is not really the shopping type, thank god haha. But she still tends to shop and well she can take her sweet time, pods like this would be really fun, looking forward to using it, if she allows it though lol.

20. adrianfaul7 says:

For guys, it’s a good way to while away the time when their girl is in a “shopping mood”. For girls, it’s a way to keep her man from meddling with her agenda. Ultimately, this pods can make shopping a happier experience for both parties.

21. rob3rtow says:

I’m the type of man who drops everything when my girl tells me to… that includes video games. I won’t need a “husband storage pod”, really.

Girls, in case you missed the hint: I’m a suitable husband material. 😉 Ha ha ha!

22. Hi B. says:

If this idea in China will be a hit, this will become a trend in malls in other countries. On the practical side, husbands and kids who are in their teens can stay here while they wait for their wives or moms shopping.I for one would ask my partner if he would like to stay and wait for me in the pod, if this becomes available in the mall I shop instead of seeing him have that pained look in his eyes or fidgeting constantly while I shop. Knowing him, I think he will agree. That would be a win-win situation for both of us.

23. patpat22 says:

OMG! China really makes the most hilarious but useful stuff! LOL. I can’t wait to have this in my country. 🤣

24. pattyindi says:

This hubby storage pod is going to be a big hit all over the world, I’m sure! China deserves a 👏 for this. I just hope they don’t make a counterpart for us, girls. 😂