Ky's Korner #75: Upcoming Gambit Movie. Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Animation. Media. Entertainment. Woman Owned.

Hey Friends!!

Back in 2014, the idea for this movie became a reality, and Channing Tatum landed the role… and it’s been in the works ever since. What’s the hold-up!?? Just kidding, but seriously I’m ready for this one… Let’s do this!! At first, I thought… Hmmm, is that the right fit? A part of me thinks well, he does have the right personality, one would think but… Do I see him as super hero status?? Maybe it’s the whole “Magic Mike” thing that’s throwing me off. I mean.. good movie no doubt but far from anything X-Men related. Don’t get me wrong now… I do love me some Channing Tatum, what woman doesn’t…right?

As many of you know, Gambit is part of the X-Men crew, and this new movie will be a spin-off of sorts from the series. It has been in the works for quite a while now, but its release was pending on the success of Wolverine, according to the producer, Lauren Shuler Donner.

Initially, Taylor Kitsch, from X-Men Origins: Wolverine, was set to reprise his role as Gambit. Apparently, this time around the role wasn’t even offered to him…

“Um…no, I didn’t have a go at it. Ever since we finished the movie, it’s never really been an option. But no, I wish Channing nothing but the best. It was a fun character to play, and I learned a lot working with Hugh and had a fantastic time in Australia. I’m sure they’re doing their own thing with it, and I’m sure Channing will be great.”

I thought that was interesting… I mean I guess they thought they could find a better match for the role. Or seeing how X-Men Origins: Wolverine wasn’t the most successful out of the series, maybe Fox is trying to steer away from that version and create a whole new one, a more successful one. I guess. It totally surprises me, that the movie didn’t do better than that, not that it was a huge flop or anything but, still. I love Wolverine, he is my absolute favorite out of all the X-Men, everything Wolverine related should be super successful, I would think… And who doesn’t love watching Hugh Jackman? He is perfection in the role!

When asked about the role, even before he knew he had it, Channing Tatum was excited about the possibility of playing the role…

“I would like to play Gambit. Gambit’s my favorite. I’m from New Orleans, around that area. My dad’s from New Orleans, and I like to do a Cajun accent. I could do it for real… No knock on Taylor Kitsch, though, ’cause I actually like his Gambit, but I’ve always lived around Cajun people. Gambit was always like the woman-loving, cigarette-smoking, drinking guy. He was the punk rock of all the superheroes. He’s a thief. He kind of rode the line.”

I bet he is ecstatic knowing he actually landed the role. Seems to me he has a lot of passion for the character… so, that’s a great start! Donner confirmed Tatum had the role during the world premiere of X-Men: Days Of Future Past. Back in 2014, he also revealed that he was working on a solo project himself and hinted towards it being about Gambit. This makes me wonder if that had anything to do with him landing the role. Maybe there is a lot of collaborating to do together. Sounds like it to me… and, Tatum is also set to be a producer, under the conditions that he would take part in the film as the star, as well as continue to be a part of the X-Men team in future films.

Now that we know a bit more about how it all came together… I’m ready to feast my eyes the new Gambit in action… Good thing Tatum is so easy on the eyes too… lol. Here’s a teaser trailer… can’t wait to see this!

Wow!! Talk about a teaser… those words could not be truer in this case! I am so excited to see this… Tatum looks like the perfect fit to me!

Well, guys that all for today! Thanks so much for stopping by Ky’s Korner! Let’s chat again soon!

To read more from Ky Lynn click here

ky_signature

22 thoughts on “Ky’s Korner #75: Upcoming Gambit Movie

1. unvrso says:

If this movie is going to be full of action and as the other action series, I can´t wait for it. I look forward to seeing it soon

2. Maury Cheskes says:

I could see Channing doing a good job with that role. I liked his personal description of the character and that he used to be around Cajun people learning their traits. Thanks for the article.

3. jhack24 says:

I can’t wait to see it. I watched X-Men movies and love the action-packed stories. I hope this will “Wow” me, too. Besides, Channing is a very good looking guy…. 🙂

4. I heard that Channing might not push through with being Gambit. It’s just a new idea for me that he’ll play the part. Either way I hope that the movie is a good one. Something that will keep me interested and not snore.

I’ve been waiting for this ever since I heard that there’s going to be a Gambit movie. Thanks for posting Ky! I was disappointed at first that Taylor Kitsch wouldn’t be playing the role but I’m going to watch the movie anyway. Ha!

6. Don’t really know what Fox is doing right now with these movies to be honest. But I can understand the delay since they have other projects to work on as well.

7. channing tatum is good for this i think so. Well who knows how it’s gonna turn out. for now delay and delay is gonna end…

8. Amanda says:

This is my most waited movie after Spiderman: Homecoming. Finger cross now.

9. valine13 says:

Going to look forward on this movie! Never heard of this character before.

10. darkkvader says:

The trailer is longer to me than usual but the action is intense! I love Tatum!

11. I hope it does not suck. Come on that ” THE WOLVERINE” Gambit is just no it sucked.

12. luffyzorro2012 says:

Looks good although trailers can be deceiving. However, I will give it a chance since the female lead is hot. She was in Spectre if I am not wrong.

13. lakshya1503 says:

Just can’t wait for the movie to be out!! Looks so enthralling! That the fact it has Channing Tatum just adds fuel to it! It’s definitely gonna be great! Gambit rocks!

14. kittyprydexmen says:

Gambit used to be my guy on the Xmen. That extra footage was from a Vs battle. He lost to Nightwing I think.

15. nightcrawlerxmen says:

I watch that too although it was entertaining the result was Really? Again a mere mortal beating a mutant huh.

16. titanierza says:

This is a chance to know more about GAMBIT. Boy Marvel is surely digging deep on this one.

17. alexsummers123 says:

Another third rate superhero on the mix huh? I am excited for this because it is Marvel. Look at what they did with Ironman!!!

18. mur13l says:

Taylor Kitsch not reprising the role? That’s sad! I mean, he looked like a good fit for Gambit 😦 I hope Channing would do justice to the character, though… I mean, Gambit is a rogue kind of character who doesn’t mind showing his rough edges and Tatum usually likes to play it cool, I don’t see the fit.

19. teddclark58 says:

I’d watch Channing as Gambit if he dances ala Magic Mike. Ha ha

On a more serious note, I wish Alexander Skarsgård was chosen for the role. He looks more like Remy LeBeau than Channing Tatum! Not to mention that he isn’t new to playing complicated, dark characters like Gambit. *sigh*

20. wolfbro92 says:

I remembered Gambit from the Wolverine movie, he was actually kinda sexy and dangerous, well played I would say, just lacking the umphh factor. I think Channing would do well in that role, I really hope so!

21. b4rnard says:

Gambit is a complex persona and if this movie delivers, we could be having a Gambit series! Damn, I wish Channing would do justice with the character!

22. hals3y says:

Channing as Gambit sure is easy on the eyes~ Wow! He strikes me as a sexy guy but I don’t think he’s as badass as Gambit, though… the Remy LeBeau in the comics could easily rival Phoenix in terms of power and villainy and I’m not too sure if Channing can deliver such a dark persona. He’s just… cute. That’s all!