Ky's Korner #74: The Game Informer Show. Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Animation. Media. Entertainment. Woman Owned.

Hey there friends!!

GameInformer.com has been bringing us the latest in gaming news through their magazine for many, many years now. All of us gamers have at some point referred to this magazine at one time or another, to either, as I mentioned, keep us “informed” as to what to expect from up and coming games to help us through the gaming process. Well… now they have put together a show for us to enjoy as well. Thank you, friends, from GameInformer!! You always have our backs, and now you’re bringing us, even more, entertainment as well as information… and we could not be more grateful! Let’s see what this show is all about, shall we??

The show is being brought to us in the forms of podcasts, with a new one every Thursday. Each week the staff over at GameInformer get together and discuss all gaming related news, including reviews and previews.

In case you are interested in catching up on shows that may have passed you by, you can find them at podbean.com. Here you can just listen to them, but downloads are also available.

The podcast is currently being hosted by Ben Hanson. Ben is not only the host but, is also the video producer and self-proclaimed enthusiast of everything fun! With a bio such as this… Who wouldn’t want to listen to him every Thursday?? You can even look him up on Twitter @yozetty and follow the show and all his other projects.

Ben “Big Poop” Hanson, yes that is his nickname… Which honestly makes me like him even more… lol. Ben is a huge fan of Jurassic Park and from what I have heard, secretly wants to become a dinosaur. Not exactly sure how this would ever come to be but, we all have hopes and dreams don’t we. He is also known for his outrageous laugh that tends to sound more like a chirp… Hmmm… A dino with a chirp… So, I guess he’d like to become a Velociraptor. That would be kind of interesting to see.. don’t you think?

Ben grew up in a small town near a haunted forest in Minnesota. He first began his gaming addiction through his Apple II. Soon Ben wanted more… as most of us true gamers do so he quickly found his love for video production and began creating gaming themed videos with his friends. His hobbies soon became his passion and went on to study further at the University of Minnesota, which lead him to his degree in Media Studies.

Gaming in his spare time led him to professionally produced videos for Ordway Center, then spent two years working for a community television center called CTV North Suburbs, where he earned a regional Emmy for all of his hard work. Then recently, he was able to mix all that he loved together when he got the call to interview for Game Informers Video Producer. He was quickly hired and was eager to get started, as one can imagine.

The Game Informer show has just covered pretty much everything about E3 and is now in recovery mode and moving onto even more exciting subjects. They had Kyle Hilliard on the show recently to discuss Nintendo’s new game on the 3DS called Ever Oasis. Matt Bertz and Matt Miller were also on the show giving us the run down on some of the biggest games from E3 that they have yet to discuss on the show. There’s so much going on here guys it a must to check it out and see what all the have going on there… So be sure to stay tuned or you will most definitely be missing out on some big news… I assure you!

Before I leave you, let me give you a taste of what one could expect from the show… I know I am interested to see it first hand myself… So here goes… let’s check it out together friends!!

How fun was that reliving the last 25 years of game former?? Wow.. that totally blows my mind to think it’s even been around that long and boy do I feel super old!! LOL.

Thanks friends for stopping by Ky’s Korner today!! Cant wait to chat again tomorrow… Until then my gamer buddies!!

To read more from Ky Lynn click here

ky_signature

27 thoughts on “Ky’s Korner #74: The Game Informer Show

1. Thanks for the article Kys! I will be sure to look forward to the podcast and later ones in the future!

2. theinterpreter13 says:

thanks for the news ky and also for the show. I think Ben must have fulfilled the dream of his becoming a dinosaur by this magical world of games.

3. kulengs says:

This is great news. I’ll be sure to check out Ben’s podcast.

4. Thanks for a great review like always. I always follow your site for great gaming reviews..

5. valine13 says:

It’s good to have an informer like this Game Informer talking about games and what can they expect more on the gaming industry. Cool!

6. darkkvader says:

Checked the podcast and it was great! Informed a lot.

7. More power to game informer. Keep on doing what you’re doing making gamers like us happy everywhere! ❤

8. charlesxavier123 says:

A show for gamers how cool is that? I will definitely watch out for the first episode. Congrats miss Lynn.

9. beastxmen2012 says:

Is this show an SE original or Miss Lynn just got added there? In any case I am happy because gaming now is not just gaming but it is also a worthwhile thing. Good luck.

10. Grecy Garcia says:

A gamer, passionate and enthusiast having a pod cast. I know how exciting this one. He seems to be a funny person for laughing like a chirp, or chirp laugh. I want to hear that.

11. teddclark58 says:

A lot of us here practically grew up with the gaming industry and it just blew my mind away how it all feels like it were just yesterday when I first played Mario on the family computer. Here’s to another 25 years of gaming fun!! Cheers

12. 34kristi says:

Looks like someone’s gonna get real happy if he hears his favorite gaming mag has a podcast. My boo has been occasionally collecting GameInformer magazines the past few years and I can’t believe that brand is that old! Whoa

13. titanierza says:

I cannot help but notice the him in the comments lol. However miss Ky is a she at least in my eyes.

1. Ky Lynn says:

Haha thanks friend! lol I am def a she! lol

14. grayicemake says:

Must be the hair plus she looks like a dude ha ha. Anyway congrats on your latest endeavor miss. More power.

1. Ky Lynn says:

Wow thanks so much… First time I’ve heard that one but MMMMM K

15. Is there an official game informer site? Or is it just an umbrella site part of SE? Either way best of luck miss.

16. luffyzorro2012 says:

This latest blessing is a testament of your work miss Lynn. You deserve it all and keep on bringing us games.

17. lakshya1503 says:

Thanks a lot Kys! Such a cool thing by Game informer! Can’t wait for Ben’s podcast. Congrats on this success! Cheers

18. kittyprydexmen says:

You are a co anchor now? You just earned yourself a new fan. Congratulations!!!

19. nightcrawlerxmen says:

I Have been a fan since day one and we are proud of you…Goodluck showing your stuff there.

20. wolfbro92 says:

Game Informer actually becoming a show now? Ok imma plan my life around that show now. Great time to be alive lol.

21. amaterasu123 says:

Game informer is just a blog site if I am not mistaken. If they come up with a show that is huge. Congratulations.

1. Ky Lynn says:

Its a show that can be found through their site

22. alexsummers123 says:

Time to google it ha ha. This is why looking at the comments first will do you good. Miss Ky answered an important question I love that.

23. coyleon says:

I’ll get my dose of gaming news from GI but for gaming reviews and in-depth gamer tips, I think Ky is still the best source. 😉 She presents it in a way anyone can easily relate to, after all

24. roddyw says:

We’ve been getting the latest updates in gaming from GameInformer and now.. they’ve got a show running. Suh-weet! Can’t wait to listen to it.. and are you part of the show, Ky?