Ky's Korner #71: Super Mario In Real Life! Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Animation. Media. Entertainment. Woman Owned.

Hey, Friends!

With all this VR technology surrounding us, it was only a matter of time before we saw something like this, I suppose. Who hasn’t felt the need to play as Mario in real life… Jumping into those green tubes and consuming those mushrooms that hold such magical powers…Well, gamers, our dreams may just come true here in the very near future. Yup! You read that right… How awesome would that be!!??

You may have heard of the VR Mario Kart, which still has not hit the US but, you may not have heard about this VR Mario yet so keep reading, trust me, it’s more than worth it!

This is a “walk-in-motion” version that seems like we could be on the verge of something even better than just Mario Kart alone, as cool as that may be… I am totally not taking away anything from that. However, this lets us play the first level of Super Mario Bros while actually running around on our own, and gives us the ability to look around freely, still surrounded my everything we love about Super Mario… And did I mention it was all fan made!! I know right!!

In this, you actually walk around jumping into pipes to underground coin collection areas, and can even jump on Goombas! Now, I cannot tell you for certain that this will turn into a full-fledged game but, even if it doesn’t, this sounds cool enough for me to wanna try anyway and… Let’s so hope it does turn into a full game!! I am just excited about this small sample… I know for a fact it will leave us all wanting more! It can be played on the Oculus Rift & the HTC Vive, which requires a gamepad for gameplay but…

The game prototype created by Walk-O-Motion Locomotion by Nimso is also available to download here on windows right now.. just follow this link…

Now, this is just the first level of the game, and they are still working out the kinks…. But this is an excellent way to get Involved in the creating aspect of things, you can play it and give your honest feedback… Let them know what they should improve on. They have updated it daily, using comments to show them what they should work on next. They really do want to know your thoughts, they want to hear your suggestions, and they really are taking them to heart.

This system actually allows you to walk, run and even jump through the obstacles in the game. The site attached to the link I provided above says that they are looking to incorporate this technology into more games, so long as they can team up with other VR like-minded business folks to keep it going… not to mention they would need rights to be able to produce anything that isn’t their own, a lot of work goes into it, I’m sure. Here’s a sample of the demo and what it looks like, let’s find out how it all works…

Another version of this game has been created that allows you to use your everyday surroundings. Instead of being right in the middle of the game… the game is right in the midst of your daily life. I thought that was pretty cool.

Developer Abhishek Singh created the AR Mario level 1 in Unity and has recorded himself playing it while in Central Park. Crazy part to me in this video is… People seem to just walk past him like its nothing… lol. I’m pretty sure I would be like… What is this fool doing?? And… I’d have to find out then…. I’d beg him to let me try it!!! LOL!

Let me say this… This version is not an official Nintendo product. However, I think it would be super smart of them to either pick it up or continue to collaborate with Abhishek… Whatever he may choose to do with it is entirely up to him. I just feel like this gives the whole VR thing a new twist… and that is worth cashing in on.

Here he is playing it live in Central Park just as I mentioned… Be sure to watch the people walking by.. Why do they seem so disinterested?? They must not be gamers… that’s for sure!!

Well, folks! That’s all for today! Thanks so much for stopping by Ky’s Korner… Until next time Friends!!

To read more from Ky Lynn click here

ky_signature

18 thoughts on “Ky’s Korner #71: Super Mario In Real Life!

1. theinterpreter13 says:

mario is the first ever video game i played and got infatuated by it. waiting and hoping it to turn into a full game.

2. valine13 says:

Wahh cool! But i think im going to look crazy if I do this in the streets Lol

3. darkkvader says:

I still love Mario brothers till now. It’s just a classic game you can get addicted to and it’s really fun.

Another thing to look forward to! This brings back some good Mario memories…

5. So even MARIO is in the VR business huh? Well. I will play this after I set up a VR system or what.

6. kadoyatsukasa123 says:

So games are mow going VR huh? What will happen to those who does not have VR? We can just miss it I guess.

7. I’m a real fan of Mario and of course I can’t wait to try this VR game. ❤

Thanks for sharing this.

8. b4rnard says:

Now this is how morning jogs should be done! Ha ha

Can’t wait for this game to hit our shores but thanks for the heads-up on this cool, new game, Ky.

9. teddclark58 says:

Nintendo would be so stupid not to pick up this revolutionary concept! It looks so much fun and I could just imagine the developers creating a multiplayer mode for Super Mario Bros. It’d be hours of fun with friends down at the park! #mindblown

10. allenssimone says:

Being a gamer in the 80s makes me love the idea of going in into Mario’s world and doing what he does best. But part of me is quite hesitant since I don’t know if my mind can take it, I mean seeing virtual magic mushrooms and koopas in reality? sounds Crazy!

11. deejayreynolds54 says:

What boggles my mind is, how on Earth did Nintendo NOT make this an official product yet? I mean this has some serious potential to sell towards the retro gamer market, not to mention lots of kids would love to give it a try.

12. Grecy Garcia says:

Oh my golly gash, this one is amazing. This is a perfect friend and boyfriend bonding for me. I will be waiting till some fans from my country will be willing to develop something like that. For the love of Mario, a genius fan initiated it, how lovely.

13. terrencespencerr says:

I’m more worried about enjoying the game without worrying about looking like a fool in public! hahaha All jokes aside though, this has some potential and you’re right, it’s definitely worth cashing in on!

14. That VR utilization and the walk-o-motion technology can certainly give Pokemon GO a run for its money. I can see this trending and catching on really quick, strange that its not officially Nintendo licensed.

15. This brings back memories from childhood. Mario is actually the first video game I got addicted, I remember playing it with my brother trying to rescue the princess. I find it cool to play it in VR and would definitely love to try it.

16. kittyprydexmen says:

Will VR allow us to be Mario ha ha? I always wanted to kick KIng Koopa’s rear.

17. nightcrawlerxmen says:

KIng Koopa or is it Bowser? To be honest I am confused since my game says king Koopa while other says differently.