Ky's Korner #70: SpiderMan, Homecoming. Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Animation. Media. Entertainment. Woman Owned.

Howdy Friends!!

So, I am investigating this new SpiderMan Homecoming, and I have to say this pretty much puts a whole new spin on things, literally… and I kinda like it. Now, I do get discouraged when they keep changing the actor of my beloved superheroes. I totally went into this not expecting much, and yes I wasn’t expecting to be so impressed…. and now I can say I am pleasantly surprised!

This movie is based on the Marvel comic book character SpiderMan so we can be assured they kept it classic even with the update. It’s is co-produced by Columbia Pictures along with Marvel Studios, of course, directed by Jon Watts, and distributed by Sony Pictures and if the sixteenth film brought to us from Marvel Cinematic Universe. The official release date is July 7th, and it’s sure to be a huge success from what I’ve seen.

We have the story before, about how Peter Parker ultimately becomes SpiderMan, however… We had not heard it told like this! This is a new age SpiderMan… Some of you out there may hate even the thought of updating this classic, and I have to say, I was right along there with you. It took lots of research for me to come to terms with it and admit that… this version ain’t half bad at all and… by updated version I mean… It takes our love for technology these days and incorporates it into the story by using it to help this Spider-Man. We must admit… The technology they use in this is not only fascinating, but it’s so very useful too!

Now, after helping the Avengers, a fifteen-year-old Peter Parker (played by Tom Holland)returns home to live with his Aunt May and continues to be mentored by Tony Starks (AKA Iron Man) for this who didn’t catch that already. We find Parker at a place in his life where he is finally becoming comfortable with his new identity as SpiderMan while struggling to jump back in his day to day routine. As, we all know this is an issue that almost all of our superhero friends deal with, and we are aware it isn’t always and easy transition. Peter isn’t the most confident of hero’s and has always struggled with the need to prove himself.. in fact he usually finds his strengths while facing a villain, and in this movie, he faces the Evil Vulture as he threatens Parker and everything he holds dear.

Michael Keaton, my favorite Batman whom also played Birdman.. is in the villain role, playing as Vulture. He’s got some nasty weapons made from alien technology that forces Peter into action.

Now, let’s talk some more abut this new technology… Let’s get into the details, shall we? Okay, this time around Spidey has the ultimate high-tech suit, engineered by Tony Stark himself so… I mean the ultimate! Here’s what it can do friends!!

With a built-in computer system, it now encases a parachute and Peter has over 576 different web shooting combinations. Best of all, the spider on his chest has drone capabilities. That’s right… I said… DRONE CAPABILITIES!! Sweet huh!?

Quite literally the title, Homecoming is very well fitted. This story is all about Peter returning home after his epic battle with Captain America but, this story certainly tells a tale of overcoming self-doubt. He’s still a newbie in the superhero scene and still has a lot to learn. Remember, he’s only 15 in this so… He’s fighting crime while making sure he gets an A on his history exam all while finding a way to even speak to his crush. Oh, the life of a teenager can be rough enough, but now he must find a way to save the world on top if it. It’s certainly not an easy spot to be in.

Okay, now we’ve gotta see our latest Spidey in action. Does he have what it takes? Here’s the first official trailer… You be the judge!

Well, you guys?? Are you going to be rushing into the theaters or will you have that ticket pre-ordered ahead of time? Does this make you excited about the Spider-Man legacy all over again? Like I said before… I went into this a total skeptic and now… well, I’ve gotta see it and as soon as I can!

Thanks so much for stopping by Ky’s Korner today… Catch you next time Friends!!

To read more from Ky Lynn click here

ky_signature

17 thoughts on “Ky’s Korner #70: SpiderMan, Homecoming

1. cooper says:

must say i was little sceptical about it. Always liked the first one, the Sam Raimi’s version. After reading it going to give it a try. Thanks…

2. valine13 says:

This movie is now showing in our country and I’m looking forward to watch this!

3. darkkvader says:

Thumbs up for this nice trailer! I know I like Peter Parker’s version till now but heck this is good as well!

I’m probably going to watch it but I’m not super excited. There had been so many Spiderman movies that I’m a bit hesitant. Anyway, I hope it will surprise everyone.

5. charlesxavier123 says:

This has to be the most faithful adaptation of Spidey. I like the fact that his suit is not a make shift but rather given to him by Tony Stark. After all he maybe a genius but he is still a kid.

6. kadoyatsukasa123 says:

I hope this will be the final reboot. I mean seriously!!! It is the only modern I know that is rebooted and its not even old.

7. astonefoxblog says:

Ugh, the new spider man is just gorgeous. Can’t wait to watch.

8. hals3y says:

Marvel Comics has this thing you call “multiverse” and multiple universes only mean that this won’t be the last Spiderman we’ll ever see. If filmmakers remain faithful to the comic book material, expect to see 50+ versions of Spiderman!! There’s even a universe where Spiderman is a murderous villain and one where the hero is played by Mary Jane herself.

So yeah, go ahead and call me a nerd for knowing my Spidey like the back of my hand. LOL

9. finley001 says:

For mindless fun, I’d watch SpiderMan Homecoming. I mean, there’s nothing much to digest beyond the fact that he’s got raging hormones but has cool, Spidey powers… what’s not to love? I won’t mind getting my friends tickets to this one, too.

10. terrencespencerr says:

Funny you mentioned Michael Keaton’s previous roles, particularly Birdman. It is either ironic or fitting (depending on how you look at it) that he landed a role as another feathered character named Vulture, only he’s a villain this time around and fully armored too yikes! Sorta like an unconnected successor role.

11. carlosjrferreira33 says:

This is already showing where I’m from and I might be the last guy who hasn’t seen it yet sigh. I might have the time to watch it during the weekend. By the way, thanks for clearing up the Homecoming part, was wondering why the movie’s title was like that.

12. Grecy Garcia says:

Now you got me curious with all this Spiderman thing. I honestly haven’t seen the trailer and i just had it now. I think I will watch it. It is interesting. Spiderman will learn things and get better.

13. allenssimone says:

The way the film incorporates and updates Spidey’s tech into today’s modern technology is really impressive. I mean really, a spider with drone capabilities? That is innovation right there folks! would love to see them follow this up with even more tech showcase.

14. deejayreynolds54 says:

Actually, just like you, I too was quite skeptical when this film was announced, I just didn’t know the direction of the series ever since that Amazing Spiderman which I didn’t really liked. But based on all the info you’ve divulged here, I’m now really hyped for the film! Hope Iron Man’s screen time is lengthy in this one!

15. kittyprydexmen says:

We all do guys but 50+ versions what the? That will be too much. In any case where is Gwen in this? I do not see her.

16. nightcrawlerxmen says:

Thank god we skip the freaking back story. If this is focus heavily on this version I will be pissed. How much more do we have to see him being bitten by the spider?

17. When I originally heard about the movie, I was fairly indifferent. Then, I saw the trailer while at the theater for a different movie. It looked hilarious, and I definitely wanted to see it.
    I was able to actually watch the movie recently, and it did not disappoint. The casting was incredible, and the movie was as funny as I expected.
    BTW, Michael Keaton is my favorite Batman as well 😊