5 Tips To Make Your Multiplayer Game A Success. Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Animation. Media. Entertainment. Woman Owned.

In this era of gaming, every game developer wants his game available in both single player and multiplayer campaign. The online abilities for both PC gaming and console are improving as developers are working hard to deliver the best. For the developer who aspires to create a game where the multiplayer stands out and leaves players wanting more. It is a good choice to look at titles that are already known to players. Here are some tips to make your multiplayer game great:

1. Emphasis on Teamwork: These days many games have a multiplayer mode, but the gameplay in general doesn’t highlight teamwork. Creating a game where the team does all the work together and fulfill their respective roles with teamwork is the right way to go about it. For example one player is dedicated to improving others, a second advances his perk points for better results of the team, and another adjusts the close-range weapons, and the last one can be the one holding a hunting rifle. Individually, they may do a decent job, but together they can be more efficient.
  2. Different Game Modes: Even if you have an excellent game mode that you are sure that most players will stick to it, it is always a perfect idea to have provide a selection or different ones with slight variances that gives a different yet familiar, experience. Providing team based as well as Objective-Based modes are a great way.
  3. ‘Easy To Learn, Fun To Master’ Gameplay: The genre of the game doesn’t matter, only your top priority should be not to make the game appear daunting so people do not feel intimidated while playing. Instead, make it user-friendly and design it with adequate depth so that dedicated players can advance their skills and improve.
  4. Downloadable Content: There is no doubting that multiplayer games that regularly release new content in the form of DLC tend to seek the attention of gamers for a longer period of time. Every gamer wants something new regarding the games they play. From new weapons and skins to modes and even maps, players are ready to pay a few more bucks for the game they love just to have something new. Firstly, try to provide a solid multiplayer gaming experience and later consider how you can provide your fans something more enjoyable.
  5. Offline Options: It is hard to believe that in this era people still think of playing offline multiplayer games, or games on a private network, but there are many gamers who prefer this game style. You should definitely try to make a multiplayer game that is available offline.

Were these tips useful? Let us know in the comment section or Tweet us @essjay_ent!

SJE_Third_Party_Signature

18 thoughts on “5 Tips To Make Your Multiplayer Game A Success

1. Maury Cheskes says:

The social aspect of all video-games is what makes them so popular. Being creative and setting up individual tasks for each player is a great way to enhance multiplayer missions.

2. astonefoxblog says:

Yes teamwork I believe is the most important factor for multiplayer game success. I’ve seen this happen so many times and although the most obvious is actually the most difficult to achieve.

3. miakayuuki2012 says:

With regards to DLC, I read a similar discussion before I do not hate DLC I just find it unreasonable. After all I expect a full game not bits and pieces.

I think if a company wants to take a game internationally, then having an offline option is still the best. Unfortunately, not all countries has the best Wi-Fi/ internet access.

5. valine13 says:

I like the point in number 1. Yes, sometimes due to wanting to make sales we forget to do what multiplayer is all about and that is teamwork. You really have to create a gaming environment where this is efficient and applicable.

6. darkkvader says:

I want games for multiplayer to be super fun and requires strategy and teamwork. I feel like playing.

7. Grecy Garcia says:

I agree on multiplayer. It means you can assume that there are lots of player trying out the game and you are helping them to create teamwork. Not only one will get addicted to playing game but lots of people. Imagine this game could great different group of people enjoying the game.

8. terrencespencerr says:

For me, I find point number 3 and 5 to be very effective. A multiplayer game should be fun and not intimidating to new players and personally I prefer games to have an offline option, it’s actually a good way for me to get a feel for the game before I plunge into full multiplayer mode.

9. luffyzorro2012 says:

You can never guarantee these things for sometimes luck plays a part of it. Then again like any game when you pit in the work the greater success it will have.

10. I think that teamwork is the most important concept to multiplayer games. Without communication, any game that you are playing won’t be a successful one.

11. Gladys says:

The above options are great for a multiplayer game, especially number 1, with team work you can really achieve a lot. However, making the game offline is a very important option.

12. Maria says:

I have just started playing again. Your article is a good source of tips the next time I play, which is soon. Have to pass this on to my friends as well for a great game. Thanks!

13. I find #3 a must-do for multiplayer game developers. Yes, every game should be easy to learn and fun to master. Like it can be played by 4 years old to 40 years old (or above). I only think about DOTA whenever “teamwork” is mentioned in games/gaming topics. This article is great, thanks for sharing!

14. allenssimone says:

Number one and two are basically essential, if you want to make a multiplayer based game work, you gotta incorporate teamwork. Of course, this compliments number two since the game modes have to be fun, that’s one of the biggest point that I’m always looking for in multiplayer games.

15. wolfbro says:

Well I think the most important thing is to make sure that there is a dedicated server and not just peer to peer networking for multi-playing games. Take note please Ubisoft.

16. rage87 says:

I agree with all the tips. As a player, the game is more appealing if the multiplayer mode requires players to have teamwork, rather than a solo type multiplayer game. Games are much more exciting when there is teamwork and of course, multiplayer should also be available offline because not all the time that players are online. They also wanted to play games without the hassle of connecting online just to play it.

17. micorobin says:

One tip that I think it is missing in this is the fact that just enjoy the game. Yes in here people are cursing due to bad team mates and such.

18. alexsummers123 says:

Yeah I feel you robin but that is due to either the players are just so into it or it is just bets and stuff. Gaming is big now that teams are going for E sports.