Ky's Korner #62: Detroit: Become Human. Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Animation. Media. Entertainment. Woman Owned.

Howdy, Y’all!

Quantum Dream, developers of awesome games such as, Heavy Rain & Beyond: Two Souls are bringing us a whole new adventure… finally! The game will also be directed by David Cage, a video game designer out of France whom also happens to be a writer and musician and will be published by Sony Interactive Entertainment.  Detroit: Become Human is set to release sometime in 2018, though the date isn’t set in stone just yet, I am happy to report it is in work. This game looks amazing! If you have played Heavy Rain or Beyond: Two Souls, you know what we can expect… What we can expect is another game full of beautiful story telling and realistic graphics allowing us to feel as if we are actually a  part of the story, not just playing it. I am so excited!!

Detroit: Becoming Human is an extension of sorts from Quantum Dream’s 2012 tech demo Kara and, Valorie Curry returns as the lead role, though at first, I would have bet money the role was played by Jennifer Lawrence at first, the character just looks so much like her to me. Developers actually visited Detroit to research for the game and cast hundreds of actors and actresses during the year and a half long shooting for animation purposes, and it took over two and a half year for David Cage to write just the storyline alone.

It is an action-adventure game set in third-person point of view. During gameplay, there are multiple characters adding much diversity to the game, each of them able to die changing the course of the game as it continues without them so, be careful! Once the character is gone that’s it, there’s no going back. The course of the game will solely depend on your choices and your choices alone, so make them carefully… Consider all your options such as, how will this affect you later in the game? Do not make hasty decisions, think them through completely.

In the game, we travel to the metropolis of Detroit, set shortly. The city is now filled with exciting new technology and even androids. The city begins to fall apart, and complete chaos erupts. We follow our lead character, Kara, also an android as she grows to find her own place in this new aged city and it’s social status.

As I mentioned earlier, the choices you make, shape your future in the game but, not only will they affect you as well as those around you, but, they will also influence the entire city of Detroit and its development. The moral of the story is to discover what it means to be human through the eyes of someone who is not but instead longs to be. People from what I have gathered, seen to be something of the past for the most part, though Kara feels very human and has very human-like tendencies.

During gameplay you will collect clues that will help determine the decisions you will make to hopefully help us to avoid unfortunate situations… if you pay close enough attention that is.

A scene character will be introduced in the game… Honestly, I am sure if this character is another option during gameplay or if he is just another part of the story. It’s hard to tell because nothing seems to be very clear at this point. I am literally giving you all the reliable information I can gather.

Anyhow, this second characters name is Conner, a cyber-enhanced police officer. He has been assigned to hunt and retrieve rogue androids that have lost course of their own assignments.  These androids pose a threat to society and the common people, or so he is lead to believe.

Kara & Conner are both androids but with various missions as well as personalities. Their differences transpire throughout gameplay and significantly affect their actions and even their dialogue. Kara thinks in a much more human way, with her heart so to speak, that is if she had one and Conner is a much more factual thinker, always playing by the book while Kara thinks freely with more emotion and feeling.

Now let’s see so the official trailer showcased at the E3 2017, PlayStation Conference….

Wow!! I don’t know about you all, but I am so impressed by this game and cant wait to play it!! I also cannot wait to see some actual gameplay… Let see what I can find…

Yay!!! I found the E3 gameplay trailer!! Let’s check it out!!

I love how human all the characters seem, even if they are androids, it’s tough to tell. I also love that every second of the game is so detailed, as they mentioned in the video. I totally agree! There doesn’t seem to be any moments where the story lags or causes you to lose focus. Just Amazing!

Well, my dear friends…

Thanks so much for stopping by Ky’s Korner today!

Don’t forget to check in tomorrow…

You know this is your number one place to find the latest and greatest up-to-date gaming info so, be sure not to miss out!!

To read more from Ky Lynn click here

ky_signature

30 thoughts on “Ky’s Korner #62: Detroit – Become Human

1. Rain Santos-Ocampo says:

This is a really interesting Sci-Fi AI game. I think I would be able to relate more to Connor’s character. 🙂

2. darkkvader says:

It’s nice that they can make everything into games with this awesome concept.

3. valine13 says:

This looks interesting, Sci-fi games are becoming more cooler and cooler because of the storyline.

4. Tony Chopper says:

I am definitely out of my league here. However, as a fan of games I am ready to dive in this universe.

5. deathsword says:

I keep remembering DOOM in this for some reason. It must be the vibe well time to play and find out.

6. Imogen says:

I’m giddy with excitement! Thanks for sharing this Ky. I missed a lot at E3 cuz I was busy, and I didn’t still have enough time to catch up. Cheers!

7. Nadine says:

This is a very unique game. I’ve never encountered such storyline before. I’m sure this will be a hit!

8. Grecy Garcia says:

I can feel from your review, how you think this one is amazing. From the trailer, yes we can tell they are all androids. One thing I felt is that, is this possible to happen in the future, you know with all the technology we have now.

9. machwind2012 says:

This will happen after a long long long time. I mean we are not even close to achiving a working humanoid robot. ASIMO possibly but he is at this point very limited.

10. revshine101 says:

The trailer is amazing and I always love Sci-Fi games as they take you into a whole new world and you can’t just stop without finishing the game fully. It is very unique and I am pretty excited to play it. The game is like watching a movie. Thanks for sharing.

11. You really do your research well Ky! All these background info I have to check on Youtube. I wish they made a full length movie of Kara. Or maybe this one, it could really pass up as a movie.

12. I saw some videos from E3 but I think I missed this one. Nice find Ky! Now we have another game to look forward to.

13. Is it just me or this looks creepy? I mean, what if in the near future, you can’t tell who’s the real human from an android (or a cyborg, as what it was called back in the 80s)? But this thought makes the game even more challenging!

14. Somebody mentioned DOOM…yes I feel that same vibe too! But this is way better, I reckon. Can’t wait to play!

15. micorobin says:

Is the official trailer been released? The video is a commentary which is sad. I prefer to know the premise not the people talking.

16. titanierza says:

The I robot feels are strong on this one. Is that even the premise? I say that because the video is only a beta game rather than an actual gameplay.

17. luffyzorro2012 says:

I am curious more about this game because its premise speaks a lot for most people. A fantasy that will turn reality if we keep on working at it.

18. kadoyatsukasa123 says:

The thought of machines dominating humans has always pique our interest thus this game. The chances of a machine revolution is unlikely because we are not even that advance ourselves yet.

19. Jake says:

This seems to be a very interesting game set in the future. The third person point of view and multiple characters should make playing this game an enjoyable ride.

20. Miles Cutler says:

Reminds me of Will Smith’s A.I. Concept is unique, I think this will stand out in its genre. Cheers Ky!

21. Totally agree with you Ky, Jennifer Lawrence would be perfect as Valorie. I wish they will make this latest installment into a new movie.

22. amaterasu123 says:

Now that someone mentioned it yes it is similar to I ROBOT. However that android is where the similarity ends. Everything else would be different.

23. alexsummers123 says:

The fact that it is about cyborgs will always draw players to the game . I mean its freaking cyborgs!!! All that is left for judgement is the gameplay is it not?

24. Yeah it does have a beautiful story! I am very excited for this Ky. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

25. Awesome! Yeah Capcom does video games beautifully and this is no exception. Can’t wait to play this one!

26. Aren’t they all androids? The storyline is kinda common but somehow I am curious how this one goes. Count me in.

27. Kelvin Yu says:

Another great find! I will have to check the old games of the series Ky. XOXO

28. grayicemake says:

Thankfully this is just a game in reality it will never happen any time soon. If we mamage to create something as close as the IRON MAN ARMOR. Take note armor not even a robot so no… This is not happening

29. skydragonwendymarvell says:

Dude that is why it is a fantasy he he, I agree though this future is not in our hands yet. If someone creates the Ironman suit then we are at a right step forward but it is not happening at least not yet.

30. b4rnard says:

The trailer just gave me goosebumps!! This is absolutely hype, Ky! I can’t wait to get Detroit: Become Human a try… is it already available?