Game Development and Animations Video Blog

Ky's Korner #61: Monster Hunter World. Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Animation. Media. Entertainment. Woman Owned.

Howdy, Y’all!!

I came across this game today called “Monster Hunter World.” It looks pretty awesome, so I decided to research it further. You all know I love me some scary games, so I am wondering if this is one of those or… is it one of those games that feature monsters? Well, I’m about to find out for us!

It’s an up and coming action-role-playing game, developed and published by Capcom. It is a part of the Monster Hunter series, and it’s platforms include PS2, 3, & 4, Windows, Wii & Wii U, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo Switch, IOS & PC. Yeah, they pretty much have every platform covered here don’t they… lol. I love it when they do this, so no matter what your console is.. you can totally enjoy the game.

Now, anything developed by Capcom sounds promising enough to me, and this is a series? I feel as if I have heard something about this game in the past but… had no idea it has been around long enough to be a series. I mean, this game is right up my alley so, why haven’t I played it yet?? I’m sure there’s a ton you gamers out there that will be like… Really Ky?? You haven’t heard of this one.. and you’re so very right, I most definitely should have by now! I mean, apparently, there is a huge cult following for this game already. Totally frustrates me when I find an awesome game that I should have already known about!

However, Monster Hunter: World was announced only this year during Sony’s Electronic Entertainment Expo, so I shouldn’t beat myself up over it too much, right!? It is set to release some time in 2018, no specific date just yet. This new addition was created for PS4, Xbox One & Microsoft Windows, I guess eventually they will make it compatible with all the platforms I listed previously. I assuming anyway.

World is said to have much larger maps than in earlier versions with no loading screens in between zones with 4 player online co-op capabilities… This will allow gamers from Japan to interact with gamers from the western regions, this is the first time this game has been able to provide this type of gameplay.

This game is played from a 3rd person point of view, whereas before, players took the role as a hunter and were given the task of hunting down these monsters from outside the village. This answers my question. It’s not so much a scary game but more of a game focused on the existence of these monsters… which sounds totally cool too.

This time around your character does not have any particular attributes but, instead, the attributes are created by what equipment your character is equipped with, including your weapons and armor. This all defines your style of combat, as it is matched accordingly. Most of your basic equipment can be purchased using in-game currency, built by looting trapped or slain monsters, by gathering items or from completing quests. Some monsters can only be beaten by finding and crafting the right weapons or items. The more powerful your weapons or items, the more likely you are to be successful taking on stronger monsters. This reminds me of The Witcher, for those of you who have played The Witcher, you know what I am talking about.

You can play this game in single player mode, and just for future reference, the quest system is the same in both modes. I don’t know about Y’all but, I always love to beat the story mode before I play in co-op mode. This certainly does give you the chance to create a much stronger and more advanced character before hand. We all know online players can be quite serious and it’s important to be able to keep up!!

Does this game that interest you? For me, I need to play a little catch up before venturing into Monster Hunter: World…. But oh my! How much fun that will be! I may have found my new gaming obsession, and I hope so for sure!

Let’s take a look at the trailer for the original game from way back in 2008 real quick… It’s important to know the origin of a game before you start a new addition. I for one, do not like starting a game and finding myself completely lost because I have no idea what the story involves… So, let’s do our homework, shall we?

Not too shabby but, let’s hope that the 2017 version is a bit more up to date with those graphics right?? But, again not too bad for a game released back in 2008 and now that I am watching this trailer I really feel as if I have known about it at some point… I guess I just forgot all about it. Oopsie!! And not to mention, there’s been few more in between the first and this new one.  Hopefully, Monster Hunter: World is a little harder to forget… I found trailer straight from E3 so…Let’s see for sure…

Oh wow!!! I’m impressed, to say the least… it does have a real Witcher feel to it, I think. How about Y’all? Are you impressed too? They’ve come a long way since 2008, that’s for sure! I could so get into this game. Big time!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by Ky’s Korner today!! Let’s chat again soon friends!!

To read more from Ky Lynn click here

ky_signature

30 thoughts on “Ky’s Korner #61: Monster Hunter World

1. garymick344 says:

It’s made by Capcom but we’re only hearing about it just now? Have we all been living under the rock? I mean, this is such an awesome game to miss out on!

Anyway, thanks for showing us this rare gem Ky! I’ll surely be kicking monster butt ASAP with this

2. skydragonwendymarvell says:

This is something new these days. After zombies, shooting games why not dinosaurs right? This deserve a shot.

3. grayicemake says:

Finally I see a human. I assume that his quest will be hunting these things. For what though.

4. Another dinosaur game! Yay! Thanks a bunch Ky Lynn 🙂

5. Kelvin Yu says:

Looks old school. The graphics on this one ain’t my thing. I wonder if the previous versions look like this too?

6. I feel the same way, Ky. I am surprised this is a series, yet I haven’t played any of the games?!?! Thanks, I will go and download the games.

7. I may have come across Monster Hunter before. I am just not sure which platform it was. But I am glad to know they’re available in almost ALL platforms. Which means I can back and play their games!

8. alexsummers123 says:

Are the humans the hunter or the hunted? Or perhaps it will be an all raptor brawl? In any case, I look forward to the game.

9. amaterasu123 says:

I better find the earlier version first before hopping into this one. Let us just hope it is available before it goes extinct!!! LOL.

10. I’m into dinosaur games! Yep I’ve tried the earlier versions of this and it was so much fun. I hope I won’t be disappointed with this new version.

11. This is available at the App Store? Wow how come I didn’t know that? This game looks fun!

12. kadoyatsukasa123 says:

Me as a fighting genre fan is a bit curious and hesitant about this. Do not get me wrong Raptors are cool but not that cool.

13. luffyzorro2012 says:

The scenery is amazing at the very least. It feels like Jurassic World all over again.

14. titanierza says:

It had a previous version? What happened to it? SE is doing a service by giving us a view of the game.

15. micorobin says:

As cool as the theme is the question is what will Capcom do to make this fresh? I guess time to play this and find out,

16. Yes! Anything by Capcom is sure to be a hit! And this is no exception. Just looking at the trailer makes me so excited that I wish they will release this next week!

17. At some point, I had this on my iPhone. But I deleted it. I got tired playing the game LOL. We’ll see about this new release. It looks exciting!

18. rage87 says:

Both the trailer and the gameplay is quite good. I have played a dinosaur game before and it thrills me to be in their world. This game opens-up again my wonderful experienced playing such game before and I am excited to see another kind of dinosaur game which I think is far more beautiful than the one I played.

19. Miles Cutler says:

I might have come across this game once or twice but now I barely have an idea what it was. Looking forward to this new version thought. Thanks for the update Ky 🙂

20. Not into dinosaur games, sorry. I feel that it is for kids. Regardless of the gameplay, I think this ain’t for me. Peace!

21. machwind2012 says:

The graphics look old school. Is that on purpose or by design?Never the less dinosaurs are always cool no matter how old you are.

22. revshine101 says:

Wow. A dinosaur game? I will never get tired of these games nevertheless of my age. I am always amazed by these species and I read every article and collect goodies related to dinosaurs. The game is so cool and I just can’t wait to play it. Thanks for sharing KY.

23. Grecy Garcia says:

I feel you. In every game I am playing, I need to find out what needs to be done in order to achieve something. When I get lost, I don’t want to continue. I stop by and by. Just like in life in general, if you get lost you will stop for the mean time to find your soul and then when you get it, you get it.

24. Sitti says:

Got so excited Ky…but immediately got disappointed that it’s gonna be released next year! Why the long wait? Aaaargh! Oh well, nothing we can do, eh?

25. Scott says:

Looks great and fun! Where do you get all these cool games Ky? Glad you’re very generous to share it to us!

26. deathsword says:

The cool factor is definitely there because it is dinosaurs. However, how will it pan out? I mean I do not see any human there or perhaps I missed it.

27. Tony Chopper says:

Dinosaurs are always cool and never gets old. I guess we are always going to be in awe with it, whatever medium it represents.

28. darkkvader says:

Wow im never heard of a dinosaur game before! This is cool and looks realistic too!

29. valine13 says:

Im not into dinosaurs but I love watching suspense so I think this is worth a try, it feels the same.

30. Rain Santos-Ocampo says:

I’m just really excited about this game. I collect anything that has to do with dinosaurs on them. And since this game has em – I’m definitely onto this. Thanks for being so varied in your features Ky! <3