Ky's Korner #56: Vikings War Of Clans. Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Animation. Media. Entertainment. Woman Owned.

Howdy my gamer friends!

Have any of you played Vikings, War Of Clans? This game looks like it could be super cool, I’m about to dig deeper into it so I can decide if it’s worth playing. It looks awesome but, you know me I have to investigate before I download. Those of you that have played it already, please leave me a comment and let me know what you think.

Right away it reminds me of another version of Clash Of Clans. Which I played for a while but, then lost interest over time. I would love to find something like it again but, this time I want it to be something I can stick with, I’m hoping this game is it. Vikings, War Of Clans, is another MMO strategy game, developed by Plarium for IOS and Android. It’s a free-to-play game with additional in-game features available to purchase. Just depends on how patient you are about to upgrading, I’m sure. You know how all that goes. The game actually launched back in August of 2015, and for some reason, I am just now really seeing it. They must be promoting it hardcore right now, which makes me think either it’s just pure advertising or the game just isn’t doing very well anymore, and they are in need of more players. I hope this isn’t the case.

In the beginning, you are able to communicate with other online players to create your clan. Each clan has a tier of hierarchy all the way from a mere ranker to the Chief of the clan, and each rank has its own level of authority.

The primary goal of this game is to conquer the “place of power,” which is always located in the center of your kingdom as it is in every other kingdom. You can train your troops and upgrade your hero and your individual town. As you build your stronghold, you will accumulate resources such as wood, silver or gold, stone, and food. All are pretty basic things a typical town would need to survive, and as with most strategy games, all resources can be produced by upgrading your buildings, attacking other players & by taking part in marches. Players can team up with up to 100 other players to compete together in clan competitions against other kingdoms, and one kingdom alone can house over 45,000 players at a time.

The time period of this game is apparently set in the time of the Vikings, and you play the role of Jarl, the leader of your town. Now, let’s discuss a few key features Vikings has to offer…

• Online Global PVP Play Mode: Fight other clans for places of power, winning this battle will allow your clan to conquer that particular territory.
  • Joining Clans: Find a group of similar players to help one another conquer these places of power while climbing the raking boards.
  • Unit Capacity: Your battle unit holds multiple types of military. Train thousands of archers, stalkers, shield maidens, horsemen, mercenaries & even demons to defeat your enemies.
  • Build your city/town: Customize and construct your buildings, your palace, the hero’s abode, and an Oracle building. Keep upgrading to further your development.
  • Upgrade your hero and craft your own equipment: Choose your hero’s skills and strengths, as well crafting your hero’s armor.

At first look, from what I can see the graphics look pretty good. I mean it is a mobile game, so there is a limit to how much can be done. The graphics look really good for what it is. I actually love the simplicity that comes along with these mobile games. It’s not like they cut corners and they still create a world you can feel a part of, nothing is lacking. As you watch your town grow, you really do feel as if you are a part of it. This game has depth, and well, it’s just pleasing to look at in general.

Of course, in the beginning, you will be building the necessary structures vital to your town but, this really shouldn’t take very long from what I have read. This is good, and I hope its true, we all know how long that period can take before actually getting into the game and actually having the means to win your battles. In some games, this process takes way to long. I think that’s when my own interest begins to trail off. I like to get into the action as soon as possible.

Let’s take a look at the trailer and some gameplay, shall we?

That sure has me even more interested! Here’s that gameplay I promised:

And here’s one more… Yeah, couldn’t help it.. lol.

Well, guys, I hope you have enjoyed learning more about Vikings: War Of Clans with me. Has reading this made you want to give it a shot? Do you already play it? Do you have any advice for me? Please feel free to comment friends!

Thanks so much for stopping by Ky’s Korner!! See you soon!

To read more from Ky Lynn click here

ky_signature

23 thoughts on “Ky’s Korner #56: Vikings War Of Clans

1. This sounds like a combination of Vikings the series and Clash of clans the game ha ha. I just find it that way.

2. I Have never been a fan of Brute characters. Barbarians, Vikings etc. I guess I am a long range kind of player.

3. valine13 says:

This game looks intresting! I like the trailer also.

4. darkkvader says:

It’s all been a mix up of everything already. But it’s always nice to play so much fantasy games and with its characters. I know you’d agree.

1. Ky Lynn says:

Yes I def do agree!

5. Albeneth says:

I really love playing COC, it makes my day! Regarding this Vikings, War Of Clans, it looks like as if another fantasy game that’s worth to play like COC.

6. Meh…they’re all the same. If this was launched two years ago and they’re heavily marketing it now, it just means one thing: they’re recruiting players because no one’s playing! COC was huge then, but people have already moved on. What more for a COC clone?

7. Hey I think this is the first time Ky Lynn has recommended a game for iOS or Android. Anyways, I see this sometimes on the App Store’s suggested games. Never knew it was this good. Thanks Ky!

8. I have not played COC so I cannot say if it is a copy or not. However, I would not be surprise if it was inspired by this.

9. micorobin says:

THe comments are raising my curiosity for this game. I will buy it quick or download it.

10. Never been interested in Clash of Clans. This one looks interesting though. If Ky recommends, it must be good!

11. Gameplay looks good enough. This is free, right? Lemme download it so I can give it a spin.

12. titanierza says:

What? this is free? I did not see that!! I am motivated to give this a try now.

13. grayicemake says:

Base on the comments it seems that this is not its first rodeo? Well, that tells me that either it was a bad game or it just suffered tough luck.

14. amaterasu123 says:

I hope to see a ” LET US REVIEW featuring this game soon. I will have to see what makes this game tick before buying.

15. kadoyatsukasa123 says:

I am getting this game!!! It is clash of clans with vikings!!! That is cool. Where can I download it.

16. rage87 says:

I’ve played clash of clans before and just like you I lost interest in that game but it’s a great game though I just want something new, a similar game with great combats. I haven’t heard about vikings war of clans but I guess it’s a great game to play. Having a background in Clash of Clans, I guess it would be easy for us to play this game.

17. Grecy Garcia says:

This is another Clash of Clans kind of game that I am aware of. For sure, gaming members or player will choose this one as an alternative to what they have right now, which is Clash of Clans. I wonder if this one is better than Clash of Clans, though.

18. It’s CoC in Vikings environment LOL! Thank you Ky! I wish you’d feature or suggest more mobile games.

19. This is an interesting game Ky. I don’t play these kind of games on my iPhone because it looks time-consuming. But now I think I’m gonna give it a chance hahaha. Happy weekend!

20. b4rnard says:

This looks absolutely amazing, Ky! I hope you’d review more MMO games like these (and something that can be played on both Android and iOS, too). As an avid mobile gamer myself, I’d love to give these gems a try!!

21. I’ve played clash of clans before and just like you I lost interest in that game but it’s a great game though I just want something new, a similar game with great combats. !

22. DevBlog says:

I’ve played clash of clans before and just like you I lost interest in that game but it’s a great game though I just want something new, a similar game with great combats. For sure, gaming members or player will choose this one as an alternative to what they have right now, which is Clash of Clans.