Ky's Korner #55: Let's Play Metin2 For Free On Steam. Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Animation. Media. Entertainment. Woman Owned.

Hey, Y’all!

It has been a while since I have ventured into the world of Steam. I know, it’s time I got back to it but…. You know how it is… Every once in a while I will take a break from my Xbox One and head over to Steam to see what’s new, just to change things up for a minute. I love doing this because I found that it’s a lot like say… Netflix.. Once you’ve played everything you’re interested in, it’s good to give it a break so that by the time you get back, they have added more options. Honestly, I play more free games than anything else. They always have plenty of free games to keep you busy, trust me on that. Maybe if I wasn’t so very devoted to my Xbox One, I might start paying for more games on Steam. However, our love affair is still going strong, so I don’t see parting ways with it anytime soon. What can I say? I’m just a loyal Xbox gamer… lol.

While searching through what seemed like an endless supply of free games, some were okay, some were pretty good… then I found Metin2. It reminds me of old school fighting games, similar to MMO style gameplay and, after a while, I actually started to enjoy that about the game. It’s almost comforting like putting on your favorite pair of sneakers. Metin2 is a massive multiplayer, online role-playing game, owned by Webzen Games, and was originally released in 2004.

The story of the game takes place long ago, during a time when only one Empire existing on one single continent, that covered the entire world. There was no division. The country was full of peace and harmony unaware of the agony they would face in the future… A deadly disease spread across the world, ravishing the population. Those stricken with the disease would either choke to death or lose their human form turning into beast-like killing machines. If a civilian died by the hands of the beasts or by the disease, they could return as undead. The undead cause destruction for miles, creating, even more, chaos and turmoil. Over time, this causes the one Empire to break into three, and now, each one of them is fighting for not only its own survival, but it’s freedom too.

During gameplay, you can choose from one of five classesShaman, Warrior, Sura, Ninja & Wolfman. I totally almost made my character the Wolfman, but, I figured, I might as well be a chick. Each class has 2 abilities except for the Wolfman, this was another reason for my choice of character, I wanted to make it harder on myself, I guess. The Wolfman seems to have a bit more going for him, they did add him later on, so it makes sense.

It’s a mission based game, so you know the drill. Keep progressing to upgrade your character and your gear. Experience points can be earned every time you complete a mission or by your number of kills. The space bar is your strike button, pretty simple concept.

Once you reach level 15, you can play in PVP mode. You can battle other players in four ways….

#1- Challenge by duel, by selecting the “Duel” option, this is the most common choice because when you die, or if you die, there is no loss of experience points.

#2- You can request to battle another player from another Kingdom, and if you lose the battle experience points will be lost.

#3- The “Free” option allows you to freely attack whatever Kingdom you wish, although they can do the same to you. This allows any Kingdom the option to attack you as well, with or without your consent. If you lose the battle experience points are taken away and don’t forget if to many points are taken, you will be classified as “cruel,” and you will begin to receive negative points.

#4- Our final option is to request a match through a special duel map. This map is only seen by the spy in the second town map.

I really want to catch up with some of you guys out there online on Twitch or online in general, my mission is to find games that we could match up on, more than that though, free & easy downloads, these games are out there, and I will find them. Leave it to me! I cannot leave you guys without showing you a little sample of the game, Y’all know that….so… Here are a couple trailers from Metin2…

Official Trailer:

So, if you happen to be like me and haven’t been to Steam lately, learn from me, you may want to check it out and… definitely check out Metin2 while you’re there… Or if you’re a regular Steam player, let me know some of your favorites that maybe I don’t know about yet. Comment with your gamer tag and who knows… maybe I’ll look you up, and we can play live together…  Team Work makes the dream work folks!!

Thanks so much for stopping by Ky’s Korner… Bye Friends!

To read more from Ky Lynn click here

ky_signature

23 thoughts on “Ky’s Korner #55: Let’s Play Metin2 For Free On Steam

1. charlesxavier123 says:

The King Arthur Lore makes its way to games huh? At least that is what I assume this is. I could be wrong though.

1. Ky Lynn says:

Id say that’s pretty accurate friend!

2. beastxmen2012 says:

Its rare for Merlin to have the spotlight. I am getting this game for I am a fan of powers and sorcery.

3. valine13 says:

I like MMORPG games since i’ts mostly on strategy making and decision skills. this is interesting.

4. darkkvader says:

This game looks fun to play. I’ll try searching this out.

5. Albeneth says:

Like you I am also an avid Xbox gamer. I think I have to try playing the Metin 2, sounds interesting!

6. The King Arthur lore has been the subject of many games LOL! If you see knights, kingdoms battling against each other, wizards, and damsels in distress…they’re all based on King Arthur’s tale in one way or another. And I love that theme too!

7. Kelvin Yu says:

Hey Ky thanks for sharing this! Been looking for something new. Just too lazy to browse at Steam LOL! Will check this out come weekend. Cheers!

1. Ky Lynn says:

Haha well I’m here for you! No worries!

8. miakayuuki2012 says:

I think people misread this lol. It is not ” MERLIN” its ” MERTIN” It means that it could be an entirely new game.

9. micorobin says:

The trailer looks good for starters. I need to buy and play this first before the verdict.

10. Wow thanks Ky for doing the hard work for us LOL! It can be tiresome browsing thru the free games on Steam. Hey what can you say about the new Xbox One X??? Are you gonna write an article about it?

11. You can find nice games like this one if you just have the patience to go over the free games. I’ve had luck too, about three out of five tries LOL. Ky Lynn is truly heaven sent to us gamers. She shares a lot!

12. Maury Cheskes says:

I like your style, Ky. Looks like you got a good blend of gaming going on. Metis looks like it has an epic warrior vs. empire saga.

13. titanierza says:

Why do I only see scenery? How about the gameplay? The trailer is a bit luck luster for me.

14. kaka135 says:

I have not heard about the game, but the story sounds interesting to me. How nice it is to be only one continent and the whole world is in peace and harmony. Enjoy the game!

15. grayicemake says:

The character line up looks good. However, I would have wanted a full on review because for one we do not know anything about this so a bit of narrative would be appreciated.

16. basic472 says:

No actual gameplay previews? But the important part is that it’s free hihi

17. amaterasu123 says:

How do I get my hands on this? Is it available in all platforms? I am interested at least.

18. kadoyatsukasa123 says:

No full on review huh? I misread this as merlin ha ha. JUdging from the trailer he is a knight than a wizard I suppose.

19. Grecy Garcia says:

I think this is the kind of game for me to try. I will choose being a chick too or a Ninja. It is something like achieving a goal in every thing that we able to meet playing this game. One thing is for sure, even if it is long to download, people will still want this because it is free and interesting to play,.

20. Another freebie! Thanks Ky Lynn for being so diligent in looking for free games for us 🙂 Steam is…ugh! I dunno…there’s tons of free games there but I just don’t have the patience to go check them all out.

21. Hey it’s the weekend! And that means play time for me!!! This is sooo perfect Ky. I’m gonna look for this on Steam. Thanks a bunch!