Ky's Korner #53: Aquaman Movie. Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Animation. Media. Entertainment. Woman Owned.

Howdy friends!

You guys all know how much I LOVE my super heroes… So,  I had to write about the new Aquaman. I really want to investigate this further to see if I approve.. lol. Just kidding… wait… no, I’m not. I not gonna lie, I am picky as you know what, when it comes to my Superheroes. I just cant help it… In fact, Ill be even more honest and say that while the actor cast as Aquaman, Jason Momoa, best known for his role as Khal Drogo in HBO’s Game Of Thrones, is well, gorgeous… I’m not sure he fits the mold for me. He certainly isn’t the Aquaman I’m used too but, I am willing to give this update a chance. I get excited every time a new Superhero movie comes out, and this one is no different… and I always have high expectations! Hopefully, it doesn’t disappoint…

I mean, this movie has been in the works for quite a while now… the making of it was first announced back in 2014, and its release date has been pushed back now several times. A creation from none other than Warner Brothers, of course, they wanted two scripts to be completed in full so that they could choose the best version to go with. I’m sure that does take some time but, its been long enough. Over 4 years should be ample time.

First off, our story takes place just after the whole Justice League. “James Wan, definitely knows where he’s going with Aquaman, and the movie takes place in a world where Justice League happened, and Man Of Steel happened.” says, Charles Roven, Executive Producer. Wan also stated that he was choosing to direct this film over The Flash, as he was expecting to have more creative freedom with this one.

Aquaman will be released in theaters December 21, 2018…. or should I say, that’s our estimated date, we know how these things go. Our story begins with Arthur Curry learning he is the heir to the entire Atlantis Kingdom. He soon realizes that it is up to him to lead his people and save the world.

It has been said by Wan that this is sort of a “high seas adventure story”….and yes, there’s a twist of love for the ladies. It’s you know, the love-hate sort of relationship at first but, soon Aquaman does fall in love. As, if looking at Jason Momoa for an hour and a half or so isn’t good enough reason to watch…lol.

Warner Brothers certainly has a lot riding on this film, not only have they invested over 4 years into it already, they are on a mission to compete with Marvel’s Superhero franchise, not such an easy thing to do my friends, we know that. Though, Warner Brother’s has had much success with “Dawn Of Justice,” “Batman Vs Superman” and “Suicide Squad,” all received pretty sad reviews from critics. Now, that being said these ratings have never meant much to me.. Often times I find myself loving movies with were bad reviews… In fact, I loved all the movies I just listed. It seems so strange that they were given anything but great reviews. Batman Vs Superman, to me, was a bit slow but, I could see where they were going with it. When creating a franchise, you have to start somewhere, we cant fault them for that.

As, you know Aquaman had a cameo in Batman Vs Superman and an even larger role in the Justice League, along with Wonder Woman, both making an appearance to let us know they were headed for the big screen soon too. I love how intertwined the Justice League is… it gives us a chance to see them all in action together and lets us enjoy each and every individual story. This opens up so many doors for Warner Brothers. It is so smart of them to head in this direction. If you want to compete with a giant such as Marvel, you have to create a never ending story filled with Superhero’s we know and love, wouldn’t you agree, this is their best bet by far. Marvel, has had this area cornered for a long time and you have to go huge when wanting to take on the same level of success.

Okay, I’ve tortured you all enough… Here’s the trailer! Enjoy!! I know I will!!

I cannot tell you how excited I am about this movie!! Doesn’t it just look amazing!!?? I’m blown away!!

And yeah couldn’t help it… Here’s the Justice League trailer too…

Oh my goodness!!! The trailer has me so pumped!! The concept is just brilliant!!

Thank you, Warner Brother’s and of course DC COMICS!!! I cannot wait!!!

Well, friends, that’s it for today… literally lol. Thanks so much for stopping by Ky’s Korner! Until next time!

To read more from Ky Lynn click here

ky_signature

25 thoughts on “Ky’s Korner #53: Aquaman Movie

1. I Never like this strategy of DC I mean the fact that the JL is coming first before individual movies is beyond me. Sure Superman and Batman do not need it because we grew up with them but what about the others? Bad move DC.

2. micorobin says:

Yes It maybe a bad move but I will watch it regardless. However, I agree that the construction of the DC verse is bad. I mean come on why put 3 movies in one if they can stand on their own?

3. valine13 says:

Wow! I’m so excited for this Aquaman! Hollywood really fails to impress the viewers.

4. darkkvader says:

They’re releasing so much of the heroes lately. It’s too bad some of the movies especially Dcs i havent caught up yet. Just marvels.

Looking forward to watching Aquaman. Too bad it is going to come out late next year (if we’re lucky) but I generally love superhero movies so I’m sure I’ll be seeing this too.

6. Oh they already have a release date? Perfect! Another holiday blockbuster movie, I reckon.

7. I’ve the same thought, Ky. Jason Momoa is great in GOT, but I can’t “feel” him as Aquaman. Trailer’s amazing though.

8. Another movie to look forward to! Honestly, I didn’t follow the comics so I will just enjoy this movie as it is.

9. Since I’ve known him first as Khal Drogo, it’s so hard to remove that image of him. Probably because he’s so good at it that even if he portrays another role, I will still see him as Khal. What about you guys?

10. I agree, Ciriaca! He will always be Khal LOL! Big GOT fan here. But I’m also thrilled for this movie. Trailer looks amazing!

11. I wonder how this will be different from the slew of superhero movies this year? I mean, I expect the special FX will be awesome. But can it offer more than spectacular visuals? I won’t judge based on the trailer alone. I’ll wait for the movie.

12. Grecy Garcia says:

It makes me excited too. The trailer is awesome and thanks for DC for making this film. I love super hero movies, even the funny ones from Wyann brothers, lol. I am not familiar with aqua man but this trailer introduced me to him and it is exciting to watch the film now.

13. pink (not just another shade of read) says:

I’m also super excited for this. After all, they’ve done such a wonderful job with Wonderwoman.

14. I heart Jason Momoa! I jumped for joy when I learned he will be having a full-length movie. I will definitely be the first in line on the premier night of Aquaman!

15. Kelvin Yu says:

Wait, 2018??? That’s too far off! I thought it was gonna be this year? Oh I will have to wait longer then 😦

16. alexsummers123 says:

I am not a fan of that JL first individual movies later. I mean how do you expect people to care about something that was not even established. The only thing that is giving this movie hype is the fact that it is a superhero film.

17. amaterasu123 says:

While I agree with the previous comment I am none the less curious and excited for this film. IT is a chance for me to know the character better more than just him talking to fish.

18. nightcrawlerxmen says:

The animated aquaman film would make a good movie. A few tweaks is needed yes but it will be awesome. I wonder why they do not take hints from their animated department?

19. kittyprydexmen says:

Yeah I agree I mean the script is written for them and in all honesty the animated movies are far better than the real ones. Strange is it not?

20. Jason Momoa is my crush!!! It sucks that GOT has been on a long break but now its new season is about to start!!! I’m sooo crazy about this hunk!

21. Miles Cutler says:

Why next year? And December at that! Wonder Woman was awesome! I hope DC will continue the momentum.

22. grayicemake says:

I think DC is smart to not jump the gun so soon. After the critical flop of BVS they are careful ans WW was a test of that formula. I will watch this film because It is AQUAMAN.

23. skydragonwendymarvell says:

I hope Batman does not steal the Thunder from the protagonist. I have nothing against BATS but come ob why does he even have to be in there?

24. Albeneth says:

I can’t wait for the release of the Aquaman in December 21, 2018. How I love to watch super hero movies. I also hope it won’t disappoint us as expecting viewers for the best.

25. Jason Momoa is perfect for this movie! I am not familiar with Aquaman’s story so I will make sure to watch this next year. Thanks for featuring this Ky!