Ky's Korner #52: Wisconsin's VR Arena. Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Animation. Media. Entertainment. Woman Owned.

Hello Again My Friends!!

It is now finally summer and I am sure many of you are either getting ready for your summer vacay’s or you are still planning your trip. Where you gonna go? What cha gonna do? I might be able to help….

So, while Wisconsin may not have been at the top of your list of spectacular getaway’s, maybe it should be. Let me explain…

Did you know that all the way in Wisconsin, Dells, gamers are enjoying all the luxury’s of a total VR arena? Yes, friends!! It’s true! It’s called The Arena VR Kalahari Resort. Family Entertainment Group has partnered with Kalahari Resorts to bring customers an experience that will surely change future of interactive gaming. Sure, we have tons and tons of laser tag arena’s, those are never hard to find but, this well, this is sooooo much different! This isn’t just running around, hiding in the dark, waiting to shoot each other over and over again. Don’t get me wrong friends… I love a good round of laser tag… Y’all know how competitive I am! But, virtual reality?? I mean heck yeah! Count me in!!

The Arena officially opened this past January and is the third location in the United States to house such an Arena, the first being in Pennsylvania, then in Orlando. Though the one on Orlando partnered with Main Event Entertainment. I made a point to mention that because, I happen to live very close to a Main Event myself and I am waiting for the day they jump on this band wagon too. It could be sooner than we think… finger’s crossed!! So, if you live near one too then maybe, just maybe one of these VR Arena’s may be an option for you too in the near future.. here’s to holding out hope folks!!

As I mentioned before this is more than just some sort of new laser tag game… When you enter the Arena you are literally entering a completely digital realm. You are no longer you… Well, you are but, you aren’t. You take on a whole new identity while your surrounding are changing right in front of your eyes. A total shock to your senses, feeling as if you have been transported into another world entirely. How totally awesome is that!!?? The Arena is an open range & free roaming, just as with a laser tag arena but, this time you are actually surrounded by your scenario. With every movement you make the game moves with you within 2,000 square feet of gameplay space. This is so exciting to me!!

“Zero Latency’s virtual reality gaming systems are light years ahead of anything on the market. We are thrilled to be installing this unique and wonderfully entertaining gaming experience for our partners at Kalahari Resorts. It will enhance the already over-the-top levels of fun to be had at both Kalahari locations in Wisconsin & Pennsylvania.” Stated George Smith, Co-Founder and CEO at Family Entertainment Group, before it’s official opening.

This is the only  multi-player, virtual gaming experience out there and I’m hoping to see more of these pop up, hopefully somewhere very near me.. lol. In this Multi-Player VR setting, there are 6 players, working together to explore their surroundings, conquer areas and even challenge one another to gain skill points. For $25 you get 15 minutes of not only discovering your new world but, learning how to escape it. You wear a backpack weighing in at 10 pounds or so, headphones and of course those crazy VR goggles.

Now, let’s see what all this has to offer and I mean really offer… What exactly would our scenario be? What exactly would we be up against here? I don’t know about y’all but, I’m anxious to find out…

Okay, so…. they have a zombie experience!! OMG FRIENDS!! You are surrounded by them, you have a less than friendly narrator talk you through the game, and the survival of both yourself and your team relies on you. Work together or be infected! Watch the zombie experience below…

And…. I couldn’t help it! Here’s another video showing a bit more gameplay as well as the set up. Personally, I wanted to see how easy it is for you to move around, to get from one objective to the next, this video explains that a little bit more….

Oh my goodness guys… I just cant get enough of this! And just think this is just the beginning… We can only imagine where this technology will take us next. You know what?? I’m feeling a road trio in my near future… whos with me??? I mean… I get to take on zombies… in a real life setting?? Ummmm…. okay… no need to twist my arm!

I hope you guys are as pumped about this new gaming experience as I am! Let me know your thoughts… leave me those comments friends!!

As always, thanks so much for stopping by Ky’s Korner! Let’s chat again very soon!!

To read more from Ky Lynn click here

ky_signature

22 thoughts on “Ky’s Korner #52: Wisconsin’s VR Arena

1. miakayuuki2012 says:

So this is a game? For a while there I was thinking of VR of Wisconsin as a city, u know how it stacks up to others but Oh well.

2. valine13 says:

Love this experience on VR. I hope they can even do something bigger than what they can do now. This is cool.

3. darkkvader says:

VR is so cool! I haven’t experienced it yet though but i lke their reviews about it. I also enjoy watching people playing VRs.

4. micorobin says:

If VR will really be a thing then fantasy will really meet reality. It will be like Accel World or SAO when that happens.

I’m interested to enter a VR arena, too. Not because I love gaming and VR so much but because I’m really curious to see how everything goes. It looks like a great concept!

6. Kelvin Yu says:

I can confidently say, this is the future of VR. And of gaming, in general. If people patronize these game spots, then VR will rule the gaming industry. VR has a hard time gaining mainstream acceptance due to physical limitations. Putting up arenas like this one is the answer.

7. This is sooo cool! I wish there’s one near our town. All three locations are far from me 😦 I love VR and playing in a safe environment is very much needed.

8. Maury Cheskes says:

Wow, nelly! I wish this was around during my elementary years. It sounds like you really get immersed into the action.

9. Finally, a place where we can enjoy VR safely! I wish they’d put up more. Thanks for the update Ky 🙂

10. Wisonsin?!?!? That was my reaction when I saw the title LOL! Anyway, this is a good idea, I mean partnering with resorts to promote VR. Maybe someday they can put up their own arena in major cities.

11. Miles Cutler says:

Who would have thought right? In Wisconsin of all places! I reckon this is a business strategy. Whatever, I’m glad they’re putting up these places so we can enjoy VR!

12. Makes me wanna book a trip to Wisconsin! The video is sooo cool! I could never try VR here at home because I can’t run around LOL!

13. Epic! I’ve never been to Wisonsin. I guess that will change now LOL! I mean yeah there are other locations but I’ve already been on vacation to those states. Summer here I come!

14. It opened in January and I’ve never heard of this? How in the world did that happen?!?! Orlando is closer to me though, maybe I’ll check that one out instead. Thanks for the update Ky!

15. Grecy Garcia says:

Everyone will surely enjoy this place. For sure most of the gamers are now trying out if they could visit the site one day. VR is fun and this is a perfect Marketing strategy.

16. I live close to a Main Event too! So yeah, I wish they’d put up one like this. Because this is gonna be one awesome place!

17. How about they convert those laser tag arenas to VR arenas? I mean, they aren’t very popular anymore. Well at least here in our county. We have like 4 or 5 and nobody goes there anymore.

18. alexsummers123 says:

I am curios why Wisconsin out of all places? Either way I hope this technology will be available not just on Wisconsin but even overseas.

19. amaterasu123 says:

IT is sad that it is always the US are in the for front of these advancements not the other nations. It is not that bad though because hopefully it will spread throughout the globe.

20. nightcrawlerxmen says:

What is a laser arena? This is the first time I heard this. Anyway, I hope VR makes it big and gets here. People overseas are crazy for it.

21. kittyprydexmen says:

If I have this here I would want to play as if it is an actual Yugioh Duel. That is cool

22. They should put up more of these. Places that are accessible to many people. And lower the price too! At $25 for 15minutes…that’s too steep!