BOOK 4, P7: Odious Optimism – Anarchy Aftermath. Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Animation. Media. Entertainment. Woman Owned.

The Champions stood and stared at the phone which sat eerily quiet for what seemed like an eternity until the voice of Ron Carver broke the uncomfortable silence.

Today we continue with part seven of book 4. Hope you enjoy!

“Sweet giblets! What the Sam Hill are you doing Warren?” President-Elect Carver’s voice blasted through Warren Goldstein’s phone.

“I wake up two days before my inauguration shindig and have to read about a group of do-gooders parading around downtown New York in some sort of fancy pants get-ups beating the Jiminy cod nuggets out of people. I thought that this group of yours was going to be an incognito sort of deal. Did you hear me, IN-COG-NITO! How the heck am I supposed to deny your existence if everyone in the five boroughs knows your outfit by name? Just listen to the headlines today; ‘The Champions Among Us’, ‘New York’s New Hope,’ ‘Who Needs Superheroes?’, ‘Blue Streaks Dole Out Street Justice.’ I could go on, but I think you are getting the picture. Hell, some of the souvenir shops that remain open are starting to sell Champions gear. Your vigilantes have their likenesses on freaking coffee mugs, Warren! COFFEE MUGS! And landing a plane on Broadway that was as subtle as dressing up your prize heifer in a pair of thigh-high boots and dropping her into a stable full of bulls!”

Warren switched the phone to intercom as Mr. Smith and the Champions walked into the room.

President – Elect Carver continued his tirade in his thick southern drawl, “And furthermore I have pressure coming at me from just about every government acronym to write an executive order on my first day in office banning all militia and vigilante types of associations. Do you hear that Warren? Ban them. You know, jail time the real deal! Not to mention the millions of lawsuits that will undoubtedly be filed by criminal schmucks that your Champions beat the snot out of. It is all coming back on me, and I don’t like it one iota! I won’t even mention the footage flying around the internet via YouTv or FaceChat or whatever the hell you call it, what are you going to do about that boondoggle!”

Warren Goldstein backed away from the telephone in the middle of his boardroom table and gestured to Mr. Smith, “Care to take this one?”

Mr. Smith cut the President to be off in midsentence, “Well, Ron, I see you have read the morning papers. By the way, you are on speakerphone right now, and the Champions and I are here with Warren, and we have heard your little speech. First, let me remind you that this is not your operation and it never has been. Secondly, your political strife has little to no bearing on my life. Thirdly, these Champions kicked ass and took names because you and your kind soiled the bed, you should be thanking them for saving the lives of hundreds of citizens, not lambasting them with your antiquated soliloquy. The last point I would like to make is that even if you sign your executive order and threaten this team with jail time you and I both know that your prisons are bankrupt and it is just a matter of time until the guards leave and the convicts are free so put a cowboy boot in it. Warren here has more money than the state of New York at this point in time, and he is using it to help prevent the chaos that your power puppets in Washington have created so calm the hell down.”

“Well call me a muted mare Mr. Smith. Two days from now if you had spoken to me like that I might have had one of those aforementioned acronyms cause you a world of despair but seeing as I am just an ordinary citizen, for now, I will accept your rather harsh tone as the remnants of battlefield adrenaline. Champions, I apologize for my little rant, and I don’t want you to think that I no longer have your back. I do. I am going to need your team in the very near future. That said, is there any way that you guys could maybe blend in a bit more when you’re out beating up the bad guys? Maybe leave the flashy suits at home for now? I would be much obliged if you would consider a less in-your-face approach. Mr. Smith is right, you do not work for me, and this is simply a request, do consider it please.” With an audible click President- Elect Carver was gone.

“Holy crap dude! You just told the next President of the United States off” Brajiit said with admiration.

“You should see how he talks to the outgoing one” Shailan smiled.

The rest of the Champions stood quietly staring at Mr. Smith with curious looks on their faces.

“What do you think Warren?” Mr. Smith asked, “Do we hang up the suits and concentrate on accelerated hand to hand and weapons training to keep Ron docile a little longer?”

Warren Goldstein looked over the team. “I’m very proud of what you accomplished today, and I am sorry we sent you out early. You all did a fantastic job. Keep up the good work.”

He then turned to Mr. Smith, “Call in our experts. If we are hanging up the suits for now, then we need to give the Champions every other available tool at our disposal.”

Warren Goldstein focused his gaze once again on the Champions, “In the words of our soon to be illustrious leader, saddle up team we are going IN-COG-NITO!” he laughed doing his best impression of a hillbilly accent.

(To be continued…)

That’s it for now! The next story will be published soon. We will keep posting stories every week leading up to the anticipated Project-X announcement.

If you’re interested in reading the individual background life summaries or viewing updated artwork of our Champions and Villains, then please follow the links here: Champions and Villains. The main story that ties all the characters together in Project-X will be updated at the following link as stories are published: Story-line.

As always, your feedback is valuable to us so, please leave a remark here or through the contact us page.

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS A WORK OF FICTION. NAMES, CHARACTERS, BUSINESSES, PLACES, EVENTS, AND INCIDENTS ARE EITHER THE PRODUCTS OF THE AUTHOR’S IMAGINATION OR USED IN A FICTITIOUS MANNER. ANY RESEMBLANCE TO ACTUAL PERSONS, LIVING OR DEAD, OR ACTUAL EVENTS IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL.

MT_Signature

25 thoughts on “BOOK 4, P7: Odious Optimism – Anarchy Aftermath

I enjoyed the conversation in this post. And I like Mr. Smith’s character here.

2. valine13 says:

Like Mr.smith’s statement he’s so cool here! way to go!

3. darkkvader says:

Look at the champions, they looked like there were birds flying in the air as there mouths were like whut? haha

4. Albeneth says:

I had fun reading their convo. I like what President- Elect Carver said, that was so humble.

5. I like Mr. Smith’s no-nonsense attitude. Now that’s a leader! He’s focused on the task at hand and wants to get the job done. Politicians aren’t good leaders, tbh.

6. Maury Cheskes says:

It sucks the champions are taking fire for all their diligence. If they try and blend in they might be less equipped for battle without the proper armor. Plus they might want to keep their real identities a secret.

7. I understand President-elect Carver’s concern. But I believe Mr. Smith’s argument. The Champions just saved the city, prevented it from descending into chaos. And that’s all that should matter in this troubled times.

8. Awww they got a dressing down LOL 🙂 But Mr. Smith won’t have none of it! I guess this will be used by the villains to their advantage. It’s their move.

9. I don’t like this President-elect Carver. He should be grateful to the Champions instead of scolding them. Now I am wondering how the Champions will lie low after the this recent activity.

10. Is it just me or that cover is just ugly? I Mean they all look wrong. I do not know this is by design or what but I do not like it one bit.

11. micorobin says:

What is this SHIELD? Anyway there will always be people like that who instead of saying thank you will say something to bring them down.

12. I sense that once in office, President Carver won’t be very supportive of the Champions. As for the Champions, they have a lot to learn. I’ll be watching out for the next part!

13. Miles Cutler says:

Yep why are they wearing a uniform when they are supposed to be incognito? I understand President-elect Carver’s concern. Excited to see how they will blend in with the rest of the crowd. Next part please!

14. kyleencina says:

Telling the next President of the United States off? Wow, things are going to be either a lot more heated-up or perhaps a lot cooler (in an awesome way) from here on out!

15. Look at Travour’s face! It’s sooo funny! LOL! I bet they weren’t expecting to be berated by the president. Good thing Mr. Smith is there to intervene.

16. Kelvin Yu says:

Wow that reaction from President Carver was unexpected. I thought he would’ve been happy because the Champions prevented a possible chaotic situation. I hope they won’t get discouraged by this feedback.

17. YouTv? FaceChat? LOL 🙂 I already forgot who this Warren Goldstein is. Must be a minor character, no? Anyways, I hate those fake abs on their blue uniform.

18. Errrmm…where are the other Champions? Why aren’t they in the frame? You should give them all equal exposure. I feel you have favorites.

19. Grecy Garcia says:

Way to go Mr. Smith. I love the pride there and I am proud too of what he said. I am kinda looking for more, I thought it was longer than I expected. Now I will need to wait for the next episode, lol.

20. pink (not just another shade of read) says:

Mr. Smith’s character has always been my favorite and I even like him more because of this. I’m so looking forward for the next episode.

21. I agree with the guy up there who said that politicians don’t make good leaders. Nor do businessmen! This Carver sounds like Trump!!!

22. alexsummers123 says:

Politics and the hero business do not mix. This reminds me on how the congress are against the Xmen in the marvel universe.

23. amaterasu123 says:

As the saying goes ” We cannot please everybody” Hopefully the President will not impede the heroes from doing their job. Politicians tend to do this even in real life.

24. nightcrawlerxmen says:

I am not interested in the Politics of the verse. When can we get a solid action pack chapter? It has been dragging for so long to be honest.

25. kittyprydexmen says:

I hear what you are saying it is slow sure but I am sure it is all worth the wait. Trust the SE team guys.