Ky's Korner #47: Tekken 7 Coming In June! Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Animation. Media. Entertainment. Woman Owned.

Hey, Friends!

I have just read this, some of you may already know but… A new Tekken is coming June??? DO WHAAAAT!!!??? I am too excited!! Oh, my goodness guys… back in the day, I played this game out! I still love it… I read this at felt like a giddy little kid all over again… Can’t help it! Though I have to say it…. I loved Tekken as a kid like I said but, there have been many in between and to me, they got a little cheesy. I’ve taken some time off from the series, and with this new, it seems it is time to get back to it! With that being said this one looks amazing…. Seems like they have moved in a much more mature direction and the graphics are more than up to speed. I’m anxious to dive right in to find out more so… Let’s do this!

One thing I noticed right away are the graphics… While in past Tekken games, the style had a very animated feel, this one is much more realistic. I love this! I think its cool to see these characters as real people, or as real as it gets anyway. They really did a fantastic work of keeping them pretty much the same, they just put a little more life into each one.

All of our favorites are there, Marshall Law, Paul Phoenix, Ling Xiaoyu, Eddie & King!! King was always my favorite! They’ve added some really sweet new one’s characters too. First of all, we’ve got Akuma, from Street FighterUmmmm Yeah!! Then there’s Kuma II… a massive grizzly bear, son of the original Kuma and taught by Heihachi Mishima himself, in the art of Kuma Shinken and Claudio Serafino, an Italian Exorcist!

Tekken 7 is said to be the final chapter in the series but, we all know that could change but, as of right now that’s the deal. This series has continued for over 20 years now. That’s a crazy long run! It has definitely passed the test of time, I’d say. That’s what a classic is all about, and this game surely is an all-time classic! Most of us gamers grew up playing this. I mean, it’s almost a cult classic.

The ending is said to be epic, and the journey is long and emotional. Member of the Mishima Clan fights one another for control of a global empire… all the while putting the balance of the world at risk. There’s bad blood between some of these characters, stories that go way back and this time around those characters are out to get their revenge… and if this really is the last one, as they say, every score will be settled, that makes for a lot of story content.

Tekken 7 is one of the only 3D fighting games out there right now… that alone makes me want to buy it immediately. I bet the Rage system is excellent… In fact, they’ve added more moves, perfect for when you find your health running low. In 7, when your life hits below 33%, your rage is automatically activated. You have to choose between Rage Drive or Rage Art Rage drives give you the ability to enhance your moves to create more damage, and Rage Art is…. It pretty much keeps your opponent from sticking that last final, finishing blow.

I cannot honestly say that the storyline for Tekken has been the absolute best, but I can say, that this one takes us all the way back to the beginning… telling us the whole story in more detail than ever.

Namco has also introduced a VR mode this time around. From what I have read, while this is interesting it, only seems to make the graphics worse. I mean if were doing the whole VR thing then, it should be so cool it blows our minds, and from people are saying, it’s not even worth using. There are two modes… One that lets you play in a 360-degree arena, which sounds amazing, does it not? But… apparently, this just makes the characters look sloppy….and the other version just allows you to purchase hidden items or upgrade what you’ve got. Not a lot was put into this VR mode it seems. The saying is true though folks, you can’t always believe what you read (except for here at Ky’s Korner of course…I always bring you the facts my friends, I got you!) So I will have to play this myself and see what I think versus all the critics. What about yall? Are you all excited for this new edition to the classic. I hope it brings the game up to speed, I know it still has a huge following… I mean we are talking about it right now, so there’s that… LOL.

Tekken 7 Trailer:

Awesome isn’t it friends!? Well, as always, thank you for stopping by Ky’s Korner. I do hope you have enjoyed the read! Until next time!

To read more from Ky Lynn click here

ky_signature

18 thoughts on “Ky’s Korner #47: Tekken 7 Coming In June!

1. revshine101 says:

Yes, Ky it is indeed awesome. I have also been a lover of Tekken games in the past and when I read your title I was blinking whether I have read it correctly or not or if I am just imagining. But you have never failed me Ky and thank you so much for sharing this. The trailer is really amazing and awesome graphics. Looking forward to playing this game soon. Have fun.

1. Ky Lynn says:

Awww you are super sweet! Its my pleasure friend!

2. elaine says:

“I loved Tekken as a kid like I said” What I think that, when you were a kid, there were much memories from your mind of thinking. It is so awesome.

1. Ky Lynn says:

Oh my goodness! You are so right! LOL I am still a kid… I refuse to grow up to much!! HAHA

3. I loved Tekken too when I was a kid! Then fell out of love with it, moved on with other games LOL. But…this one’s different, and I feel a bit nostalgic since I haven’t played Tekken in a while. Can’t wait for this release!

4. Wow thanks Ky for this bit of good news! Big Tekken fan here. I love the new characters! That got me to thinking…this can’t be the end of the series, right?

Wow, I can’t believe Tekken is up to the seventh. I think the first Tekken I played is the 3rd. Fun times indeed! I would like to check it out to see how much has changed.

6. Grecy Garcia says:

That is awesome because you said the characters are real person, real people. I know Tekken from the movie so it gives me an idea of what to see in the movie. The one I saw was the Japanese version and it was good. I love the graphics.

7. Haries says:

I’ve been playing this game series since I was kid and I always like the gameplay. But hearing this would be the final chapter is kinda sad, I’d really like to know what’s next the game can offer. But still, can’t wait the seventh edition to be released and I’ll make sure to buy and play it all night long.

8. First Hitman now Tekken? I know that all good things must come to an end but this is sad if it is true. Hopefully it is not.

9. Boy am I glad about this news! I haven’t played Tekken for a long time. After reading this post, I felt nostalgic! It was a big part of my childhood. And now I will be able to play it again!

10. Miles Cutler says:

Big improvement since I last played Tekken. That was like, eight years ago I think! LOL! 🙂 Being part of my childhood, this is very important for me. I am excited too, Ky.

11. Hey somebody commented about the end of Tekken? That can’t be. They just reintroduced Tekken to the new generation of gamers so it would be unthinkable to kill the game now.

12. Thank you for this bit of good news Ky Lynn! I was so sad after your Hitman article. Tekken is another favorite of mine and I am so glad they’re bringing it back.

13. Super big improvement! Well they have to adapt to the times. But it just looks so much different to me. Well it has been years since I last played Tekken and back then it was just a very simple game. This news got me so excited!

14. Can’t wait for next month! I also played this as a kid. I’ve read some rumours about this but I didn’t believe it until Ky writes about it!

15. Kelvin Yu says:

How come the VR mode is bad? Yes, Ky, please update us on this. Namco can’t be making or releasing a game as big as Tekken with a subpar quality (whichever mode it is). Probably minor glitches, but it can’t be that bad.

16. King was my favorite too! I’m glad there’s gonna be a new Tekken next month because it’s been a long time since I played this game. Cheers for the update Ky!