Ky's Korner #46: Witcher Netflix Series! Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Animation. Media. Entertainment. Woman Owned.

Well, hello again!

I was so excited to find out about this! I love The Witcher game series and now I am hoping to love this just as much… Come on Netflix… Don’t let us down!! Platige, the polish production company for The Witcher has partnered with Netflix to create the fantasy series by author Andrzej Sapkowski. Platige is responsible for the CGI scenes within the game, we all know how good those were, we can be sure this collaboration will produce magic once again… after all their track record is fantastic!

For some, if you have been living on a rock, you already know that the games are based on the series of books and now this will be too. Sapkowski will take on the role of Creative Consultant and executive producers, Sean Daniel & Jason Brown will both take part as well.

Sean says that “The Witcher stories will follow an unconventional family that comes together to fight for truth in a dangerous world.”

Originally it was meant to be a movie by, Platige & The Sean Daniel Company… this news means that they have taken their original movie and broken it down into multiple mini-stories suited for a series. The movie was set to hit theaters sometime earlier this year and well, obviously that didn’t happen. The idea must have been scrapped to make way for the TV adaptation. There really is so much to The Witcher, so much to be explored…. They may have not been able to fit in all in under two hours time.

Recently, in a press release, Sapkowski said, “I am thrilled that Netflix will be doing an adaptation of my stories, staying true to the source material and themes that I have spent over 30 years writing. I am excited about our efforts together, as well as the team assembled to shepherd these characters to life.”

This most certainly gives me hope. I hate when they take a book series and totally rearrange everything from the characters to the atmosphere. They kept it real in the games and I believe keeping it real in this series too is the only way to make it successful. It seems to me, Sapkowski is making sure this happens. His work is inspirational, and as a writer myself, I feel it’s important to keep one’s vision intact, at least as much as possible. I’d say he agrees with my statement. As fans of The Witcher books and games, we know what we want to see and Sapkowski is doing his best to give it to us.

Film-maker Tomek Baginski along with Jarek Sawko, also a part of the Platige team, are also on board. During their press release, they went on to say, “There is a moral and intellectual moral to these books that go beyond genre. It is a story about today & today’s challenges, hidden under a fantasy cover. It is a story about us, about the monster and hero inside all of our hearts.”

There isn’t a whole lot of info out there about this as of right now, unfortunately, but this has me wondering what characters will be featured. I mean obviously, we want to see Geralt and Ciri both…right!? So much of the story focuses on them, I cannot imagine a series without making them the main characters… Can you?

Here’s a little clip I found with some great footage but still leaves me with so many questions… What do you get from this? Thanks, Dark Pixel Gaming!

I just love this series so much, I have added just one more video for more details….thanks, Lastknownmeal!

Lastly, how do you all feel about this? Do you think it will be as good as the books, or even as good as the games? Is it important for you that they keep the detail the same, even the tiniest of details? To me it totally is… this is a well-known, well-loved character as well as story. I can’t wait to see this and hopefully, it lives up to all my expectations. You all know me, I’m a regular Netflix junkie and I am always looking for my next series so I will be waiting for this one.

That’s it for today, my friends… Thanks so much for stopping by Ky’s Korner! Let’s chat again very soon!

To read more from Ky Lynn click here

ky_signature

18 thoughts on “Ky’s Korner #46: Witcher Netflix Series!

1. Therese Marie Y. Baguio says:

This blog made me leap for joy as I read its content. Finally, the Witcher is on TV as I heard they’re supposed to make a movie but the rumor suddenly stopped. So many things I am happy about like Witcher author Andrzej Sapkowski as part of the creative team and finally able to see Geralt and Ciri as I know they’ll obviously be main characters of this much awaited TV series.

2. revshine says:

This is so awesome to hear and the characters are stunning. Always a tv series becoming a game will be so much cool and this series is especially amazing so can’t wait to see it as a game. I have to inform this to my brother and he will be leaping in joy. Thanks for sharing Ky.

3. The TV series is even better than a movie. Good decision. Love the game too and I can’t wait to watch this on Netflix.

4. Thank God for Netflix! They’re revolutionary. This wouldn’t have been possible at this time if we only have those traditional TV networks. I played Witcher several times and I kinda liked it. Curious how the series will turn out.

5. Albeneth says:

Netflix is one of my favorite networks for TV series and movies. Im glad to know that The Witcher game series has partnered with Netflix. My partner will surely love this idea since he is a big fan of the The Witcher game.

6. Haries says:

Wow, my friend and I played the Witcher several times and hearing this news is a rejoice to us. This would be a great series based on how stunning the game’s story is. I wonder how the actors and the actresses play the character from the game. Can’t wait to see it!

7. Grecy Garcia says:

I watched or seen the movie The Witcher and I never thought that it is available for games. From the trailer, I can say that it is a concept out of a passion. Like looking at the graphics, it really looks true. For sure all of the people in the gaming world will appreciate this.

8. darkkvader says:

Wow this is cool! I like the graphics! I want to watch it here but I dont know how aside from netflix.

9. valine13 says:

I like fantasy games like this.what I like about tv series in america is that they never fail to impress many fans around the world. this one included.

10. I haven’t played this game yet. But I did read reviews and I was like, “yeah, maybe next time” LOL! Ok so they’re coming out with a tv series about it, this must be good! I mean the game must be very popular. Hmmm,,,maybe I should give it a try.

11. Kelvin Yu says:

I didn’t see this coming. I like the game. But I am not so sure about the future of this Netflix series. I wish them luck.

12. micorobin says:

Wow so another franchise makes it on TV. I just hope they handle it well since this game has mature themes in it.

13. Hurray for Netflix! And thank you Dana for unearthing that video! Makes me very excited as I’m hooked with the game too!

14. I say, it was a good decision to push through with a tv series. A movie is like a one-time thing, unless you plan sequels. Still, those sequels would depend if the last movie was a blockbuster.

15. Another game-inspired series, eh? Producers are keen to do this because they know the game has quite a following. Good move. I hope they stay true to the game (characters, storyline, etc).

16. I’ve played this several times. But this is the first time I’ve read about making it into a tv series. That’s cool! Thank you as always Ky Lynn, for keeping us up to date.

17. Yay! I like Witcher and finally watching it on Netflix would be awesome. So excited! I hope Ky will do a follow up on this so we will know the latest news.

18. After playing the game for the first time, I thought the storyline is very good to be a movie. Now it came true! Though not a movie, but I think a television series is a good idea because they can expound on the story a bit more. And it will be on Netflix! How cool is that?!?!