Ky's Korner #40: SuperBetter- The Game Of Healing... You Have To Check This Out!! Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Animation. Media. Entertainment. Woman Owned.

Hey, Friends!

Who ever thought there would be a game that claims to add 10 years to your life. The game is called SuperBetter and not only does it claim to add more years to your life it also claims to help you learn how to live happier and more productively. I don’t know about you but I have to see what this real life “game” is all about…

Truth be told, it is absolutely fascinating!

Jane McGonigal, a game designer has gone through some really tough times. At one point she found herself bedridden and suicidal after suffering a concussion due to an accident that nearly took her life. Lying in her hospital bed feeling nothing but helpless, she wondered how she would ever get through it… How would she ever learn to take control of her life again? Then it hit her like a ton of bricks… Naturally, her answer finally came to her in the form of a game.

She took her idea and created this moving game known as “SuperBetter,” a game she hoped would change the lives of millions, and so far some might say she has done exactly that. Jane, being a game designer knew that we live in a world where reality is almost a form of fiction, meaning most of us would rather be lost in the gaming world on a daily basis then to deal with the harsh realities of life, she knew this had to be something that kept the people interested and using the expertise in technology was the only way to go.

Jane knew that gaming is a way for so many people to cope with everyday life already and was willing to make it her mission to introduce a game that could actually change the course of one’s life. A game that could translate from the gaming world into our own actual reality. The idea really is brilliant if you think about it….

She set out to create a game that could literally change how we work, how we live, how we learn and even how we solve problems in our real lives. Jane took on a job as the director of game R&D at The Institute For The Future and she is also the founder of Gameful, something she refers to as, “The secret headquarters for world-changing game developers.”

Jane had the know-how and the creativity to make this multi-player game really work. In this game, players set their own goals. The topics include health and wellness and provides solutions to finding your own personal happiness…. depending on the nature of your quest and you invite other players to join your journey… together, you work as a team to keep each other on track.

In past years, most video games had one goal, to win…. As years have passed online gaming has increased in popularity at a significant rate, allowing us to work together and achieve our goals as a team. Jane knew she would be introducing this game at just the right time. It’s like creating a new world that only works if we all play our parts and participate in it together. This game teaches you to be even stronger than you may have ever expected to be. This is how it all works:

Superbetter is a free game that can easily be downloaded here and you can begin your journey right away… https://www.superbetter.com/

Once you are all downloaded, your next step is to choose which goals you would like to work towards first, you then add quests that you must accomplish to help you reach those goals. Simply brilliant, I think!! As you progress, you will inspire other players, and you will earn points in different areas such as mental, social, emotional, and even physical. Adding those quests that I mentioned earlier allows you to create your own personalized adventure, or you can choose the “Power Pack,” this chooses the quests that are best suited for you and your situation, whatever that may be. You are able to invite “Allies” from either your Facebook page or from the site itself, connecting with other Superbetter players. Your goals can always be located at the top of your page directly next to your level progress, to keep your goals front and center at all times. There is even a private section just for you and your thoughts on your progress known as your “Secret Lab,” it also helps to keep track of your activities.

Jane is also an author, best known for her book titled, “Reality Is Broken,” a book based on keeping us focused on things that we may not feel very motivated to do. I have mentioned in one of my blogs how I think games game really do more good for us than bad, as some may think, and this game is the perfect example of just that. I don’t know about y’all but I am so ready to start my own personal journey and I hope you will join me! Who knows, maybe we can keep up with this and see how everyone progresses through this life changing game. I certainly want to share in this with you, my friends, let’s try this together and see where it takes us…

I mean why not, right!?

I hope in some way this information helps those looking to transform their lives. Let me hear about your progress, I am so interested to hear what happens next!

As always, thanks so much for stopping by Ky’s Korner… Until next time friends!

To read more from Ky Lynn click here

ky_signature

37 thoughts on “Ky’s Korner #40: SuperBetter- The Game Of Healing… You Have To Check This Out!!

1. nightcrawlerxmen says:

This is perhaps a trivial thing but the title us odd, Apparently its content is odd too I mean a game regarding health and positivism. This is differently different from game trends these days. As for me , I may check this out just to change the pace.

I’m being too skeptical about this. A game which makes your life better? Really? Like Night Crawler above, I might check it out. I want to hear from people who have already tried this though.

3. titanierza says:

This is definitely one of those what the… games!!! For one it comes off the left field. However, I open to try it as weird as it seems.

4. loveylucy says:

I clicked the link right away after reading this! Thanks, Ky!

1. Ky Lynn says:

You are so welcome friend!

5. chibimari1212 says:

Yes true, why not try?! I’m waiting the loading now and can’t wait too see my life transformation as well hehe

1. Ky Lynn says:

Ya never know… its worth a shot.. why not right? We could all use a little help every now and then!

6. Grecy Garcia says:

This awesome. SuperBetter is awesome. Thanks for sharing this one. This is the kind of game that is perfect for everyone and we should all prioritize of downloading the app now and start playing. Thanks for Jane McGonigal because this one is so inspiring. She did not waste her life but improve her life more and wants to share it with us too.

7. I am impressed, to say the least. It takes a lot of genius and creativity to come up with this kind of game. It’s one of a kind and inspirational. Kudos to Jane!

8. I like this game! I’ve never come across anything like it. I mean there may be some that’s not all blood and gore, but this is really straightforward. It wants you to improve and do good!

9. revshine says:

This one is very new for me and I have never known a game would be linking to our life’s qualities. The developer is a real fighter I must say. She has done a wonderful job in creating something unique for the world. Her comeback is really to be appreciated and she has shown her power to the world what she can do. Anyways, thanks for sharing this wonderful game with us Ky. You always rock.

1. Ky Lynn says:

Awww thanks friend…You rock too!! Saljack has the best followers ever!! I sincerely appreciate you!

10. darkkvader says:

Never heard of this game! It’s nice ms. ky you really know all this. thanks for sharing what this one is about, it kind of making me curious.

11. valine13 says:

about making yourself better and like some for of healing? so cool then! I want to try it since I want to find some joy as well.

12. Emily says:

So how about doing the thing you like the most which playing online games and still live a happy and productive life? Now that’s a good combination. Gamers should start looking at these and realize that there’s a life outside the gamer’s world.

13. sparia says:

Now you can tell your parents that you are actually playing something that can help you live a better and happier life. Truth is, I know I’m not the only one who got shouted at parents because of spending so much time playing online games

14. This is all good. My only concern is that it can make us somehow dependent on this game for our well being. I mean, look at those smart watches or fitness bands or monitors or whatever you call them. We use them to track our progress. Now there are people who take things seriously and can’t workout or run without them. The game may teach us to socialize more but we still have to input that information to the game right? And then the game will reward us and that will make us feel good. Can’t we just feel good because we made new friends?

15. Ah bless this woman! I just find it sad that it took an accident for her to realize to create something like this. Don’t get me wrong ok? Regular gaming has its benefits too. It’s just that I hope more and more companies come up with this type of game.

16. These types of games are definitely a rare thing. I welcome this kinds of games which proves that it is not all about gore and blood. Where can I see a review for it?

17. luffyzorro2012 says:

There are room for these games but as they say sex sells or in this case gore and violence. I do not like it but it is a fact. Still I hope this game does good and will do more.

18. zhangisiung says:

hmm just check the website, the front page does not look like a gaming page at all. They need to work on the marketing and presentation of this game on their front page website imo.

19. I agree zhangiusing. Not much info on the landing page. Or maybe they designed it that way so people will not feel that it’s a game? And that’s part of their marketing. It’s a wait and see situation here.

20. This is a brave move. But I think, it’s timely. We should spread wellness and healing to combat the toxic lifestyle that we lead. And wellness can’t be exclusively found in the gym or outdoors but now in a game as well!

21. alexsummers123 says:

IS it yet to be confirmed by its creators. I have to take a tour of the website to see what this game is full on. If the info is available that is.

22. If this was not featured here I would not believe it since the site is too plain and short on info. Well it is just wait and see at this point.

23. I wish Jane success! And I also believe in her cause, so I am playing this game. I haven’t seen anything quite like it before. Truly groundbreaking!

24. Kelvin Yu says:

As expected, it’s Ky Lynn who first brought this to our attention. Good job! This game is addictive in a good way. It sparks a drive to do good, not only to your body but to other people as well. Isn’t that a worthy cause?

1. Ky Lynn says:

Awww thank you friend!

25. Miles Cutler says:

Quite ambitious but laudable. I’ve seen similar games before. Wait, can we sync our smartwatches or health bands to this game?

26. I wish there are more games like this. And no, it shouldn’t take an accident to develop a health or fitness game. By the way, what happened to Wii? Is it still being supported? That got people to move around, I hope they revive that.

27. I agree we need games like this> I am hearing positive feedback. Where can I download it? I just want to check it out.

1. Ky Lynn says:

I believe the link is in the blog. You should be able to download it from that.

28. beastxmen2012 says:

I Have a motion WII before. and was playing sports. Sure it has a different them than this game may have but I imagine they work on the same notion.

29. I have the same question as Miles…since this is all about fitness and health, I think it would be great to sync our fitbands, health monitors or smart watches. Better yet, Jane should create an app! That would be easier to track the progress. Then when you log in to play the game, it will just automatically sync.

1. Ky Lynn says:

I know you can connect it through your phone… not sure about the health monitors and wrist bands but yes, I agree… We need an app!!