Recently, I had a good amount of time on my hands… While sitting with nothing much to do… I had a million thoughts run through my head. You know how it is… You’re supposed to be resting & relaxing but you can’t simply because your mind just refuses to stop wondering. Yeah, so I began to jot down a few ideas. Since I absolutely love giving you guys the inside scoop on various gaming topics, I thought, why not discuss some key points I find important for all gamers?? My result was this list I have put together, a list of 10 things I think every serious gamer should know. Let’s dive right in… Shall we!?
- I know you’ve heard that saying, “Never judge a book by its cover,” right? Well, the same goes for games. I find it is important to never judge a game by it’s cover either. Just as with a book, it is so very difficult to know if the content is of interest to you without doing a bit of research. SO… My number one is always doing your best to find out anything and everything you can regarding a game before you make your purchase! Watch video’s… are the graphics good enough to keep you interested? Read up on what the game is about, will you enjoy the story etc. Look for reviews on the game… Preferably, Saljack’s “Let’s Review videos” featuring me…LOL.. But seriously there is a lot of info out there and all you have to do is look… games aren’t cheap, make sure the game is for you before you find yourself disappointed!
- While gaming it’s important to remember to save and save often. It totally sucks when you forget to save and then you die and have to start a level all over again! If you are playing a game that saves for you and it automatically has save spots, make sure you make it to one before you stop playing. No one likes getting back to their game only to find they have to repeat levels just because they had a brain fart and forgot to save, or they did not reach the save point. Keep your progress friends!!
- Head Shots!! Always aim for the head… this helps you not only upgrade faster but, it also helps you gain achievements and… it also takes out your enemy no problem and that is always a good thing! If you are playing a stealth game it surely helps to keep you undetected…really, staying undetected is always good in any game with multiple enemies.
- While playing online games… Please do not be the one that waits for people to respawn so you can kill them over and over just to multiply your kills. DO NOT BE THAT GUY!! Not only will this cause other players not like you because it is SO VERY ANNOYING… they will kick you out and block you from future games. We should all have proper gaming etiquette!! If you are a true gamer there is no need to cheat and we all know this is true!
- Also, while online gaming… Be sure to stay focused on your goal. If you are running around aimlessly, you are no help to the team and you might as well not be playing on a team, to begin with. There’s no need to bring down your team just because you have no interest in winning. Some of us are super serious and winning is a big deal. So, if that does not interest you… keep playing in story mode and that’s it! Not to sound harsh but, it is what it is…
- You don’t always have to buy a game brand new… you can always find a ton of awesome deals on previously owned games. If you are a gamer low on cash you can certainly go this route…. However, always check your disk before leaving the store just to be sure you are getting a copy that isn’t all out of whack… That way you don’t find out by getting that error that says…”cannot play disk”.. that is never fun! In fact, always check your disks new or not, just to be safe! I have actually bought new games and got in my car to check them and realized there was no disk at all. Always check your games before you leave the store!!!
- Handle your games with the utmost of care… have a safe place to store them and always handle the disk properly… This means to try and hold it on the outer edges always to prevent smudging and scratching. You are making an investment by purchasing your games so treat them as such.
- Know your controls… every game is different and so are the controls. Of course, you can be the gamer that learns as they play but, you can also just take a minute to explore your game before you start… This will give you a great head start and it will help you to start kicking butt from the very beginning.
- While a good gamer is always out to help a friend, sometimes while gaming online the best choice is to keep moving if you are in danger of dying yourself. Unfortunately, it can be best to let a team member simply take one for the team… That is not to say that you should never help your online buddies but, do it wisely. It’s better for the other team to have one kill instead of two… no need to help the enemy win.
- Play various types of games… To me, playing all types of games makes you a better player in general. Every game is different and it’s important to keep your options open, never focusing solely on one game will keep you current with all gaming trends… a well-rounded gamer is dangerous, and you want to be dangerous!
Well, my friends, I hope you have found this list useful, from one hardcore gamer to another… Any ideas or advice you may have is welcome, so let me hear it, friends!
Thanks so much for stopping by Ky’s Korner…. Let’s chat again soon!
To read more from Ky Lynn click here