Ky's Korner #38: Marvel's Inhumans... Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Animation. Media. Entertainment. Woman Owned.

Howdy Gamer Guy’s & Gals!!

You’ve probably already heard about this new Marvel’s series called Inhumans. I actually just found out about it and well… Unfortunately, so far, I’m not super impressed. My reasons happen to be pretty superficial, based loosely on how the characters look, (mainly Medusa’s hair) and, I am very picky when it comes to such things… So, I figured… why not dig a bit deeper into it, with an open mind and see what exactly it’s all about. So here goes…

Marvel Inhumans a television series developed for NBC and is based on the Marvel Comics race of the same name. The scene is set within the Marvel Universe and coincides with all the other stories we know and love from the franchise. Inhumans is produced by ABC Studios and Marvel Television with the help from the IMAX Corporation who is funding part of the development.

The series is focused around the Marvel Inhuman Royal Family, mainly the character Black Bolt, played by Anson Mount. This Inhuman species was first introduced as part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe during the second season of Marvel’s Agents Of  S.H.I.E.L.D. Inhumans is set to premier on IMAX screens in September of 2017, two weeks before it’s television debut, September 26th on ABC and will be airing the first 8 episodes.

Characters Include:

1. Black Bolt: As I mentioned before, this role will be played by Anson Mount. Black Bolt is the head of the Marvel Royal Family and is also the King of Attilan. The sound of his voice is powerful enough to cause multitudes of damage, even in the softest of tones, thus keeping him from muttering even the slightest word until absolutely necessary.
  2. Medusa: Played by Serinda Swan. Medusa is the wife of Black Bolt, and that makes her Queen of Attilan. She is able to use her hair to move heavy objects or fight back against enemies.
  3. Karnak: Karnak is played by Ken Leung. He is Black Bolts cousin, closest friend, and most trusted advisor. He is wise and can foresee “fault in all things” and acts as the Royal Families advisor.
  4. Maximus: Played by Iwan Rheon. Maximus is the brother of Black Bolt and strives to one day take his place and become King of Attilan. He is evil but evil with the intentions of getting his brother t make way for his own personal goals.
  5. Crystal: This part is played by Isabelle Cornish. Crystal is the sister of Medusa and is the youngest member of the Royal Family. Her unique ability is controlling the elements.
  6. Gorgon: Gorgon is played by Eme Ikwuakor and is another cousin of Black Bolt as well as the leader of the Attilan Army. He can create supersonic waves with his hooves.
  7. Triton: Played by Mike Moh. Also, a cousin of Black Bolts and his ability is living under water.
  8. Auran: Played by Sonya Balmores. She is the head of the Royal Guards for Attilan and is viciously loyal to Black Bolt.

One thing I can say for sure is that either way, it’s about time for the story of this powerful family to finally come to light. We’ve heard about them here and there but, this is the first time their story has indeed been told in a mainstream fashion.

The Inhumans are the result of an experiment conducted by The Kree race, a race always looking to evolve and by doing so, the Inhumans were created. The Kree considered them damaged goods as the experimentation did not go as planned. The Inhumans were dropped on Earth alone to fend for themselves… therefore leading them to gain their independence while segregating themselves from humans entirely. They then created their home, Attilan on a lifeless planet. The Inhumans created technology that far surpassed primitive people and eventually felt the need to help.

The Inhumans may have not yet played lead superhero roles, but they do have a long involvement with Comic Book series. In fact, they first appeared in Fantastic Four #45,  back in December of 1945, this may have been the first time we ever actually caught a glimpse of the Inhumans, but they had been mentioned even before their debut… So like I said, it’s about time they made their mark with today’s Marvel fans.

Yes.. I know.. its time to take a gander at these heroes… don’t cha think? Here’s the teaser trailer… it shows a bit of family betrayal and some pretty sneaky actions by those thought to be some very trusted characters. This story could have more to it than I had originally thought… It’s short friends so don’t blink or you’ll miss it!!.. Lol.

I guess it is so short because they dare not give too much away… you know they’ve gotta create some hype by keeping us guessing a while longer. Since that was so short… I thought I would present you guys something that explains a little bit more about the Inhumans and how they came to be. Enjoy Friends!

Thanks so much you y’all for stopping by Ky’s Korner today!! Don’t forget to comment and leave me your thoughts on all of this. I would truly like to know how you think this will all go down and how impressed are you so far?? Let me hear it!

Until next time my super awesome, ever so faithful, Saljack loving friends! Let’s do chat again very soon!

To read more from Ky Lynn click here

ky_signature

22 thoughts on “Ky’s Korner #38: Marvel’s Inhumans…

1. nightcrawlerxmen says:

Too bad the movie was cancelled but hey we have a series so everybody happy. Is vision going to be part of this? or will they change it?

I’ve watched almost every Marvel and DC movies so I’m curious to see this series. Honestly though I think the networks are milking the mutant theme too much. But I guess it sells so *shrugs*.

3. titanierza says:

I agree Mau but who can blame them Superheroes are big these days. I am watching it for sure. I hope it is as good as Daredevil.

4. Grecy Garcia says:

Wow, the videos you provided makes me learn more about them now. I will wait for this to come on September. I am torn if I am going to like it or not since I only use to know Superman, Batman and even Wolverine. This one is very new to me and quite interesting.

5. chibimari1212 says:

yesss I’ve been waiting for Inhumans! glad to read it from you, Ky!

6. loveylucy says:

Aaw thanks for giving the video too tho. I’m already fan of Black Bolt hoho

7. I am not impressed. Or maybe because we are currently saturated with superhero movies and TV series that a new one would always come up short. Well, there’s still summer and fall TV season is not yet on people’s minds so maybe the producers can do a lot of PR to drum up interest.

8. Interesting story! I don’t know any of the actors, are they all new ones? I don’t watch TV a lot lately. But I like it! Can’t wait for the debut!

9. revshine says:

The list of character that you have mentioned here is a bit new to me. I can only Medusa from here. But the game seems to be interesting and there is nothing wrong in giving it a try. Marvel heroes are always awesome and it is super fun to play a game in which all our favorite heroes are there. Thanks for sharing, Ky.

10. valine13 says:

I’m glad Ive known this earlier than our country. I cant even recognize their names though. I only know one character I think.

11. darkkvader says:

There’s so many marvel characters now I dont what to say they have such creative minds to create a lot of stories!

12. Ezria says:

Marvel did it again. The home of our mighty superheroes is offering another installment of one great superhero movie. This is one movie we could expect to be a box office hit

13. Sparco says:

Who doesn’t fall with a superhero movie? For me, this sounds a little overrated. These series of superhero movies is already in the borderline of pushing it a little bit too much. Can we just go back to some originals like Spider man and Iron man?

14. Heyyy! And I thought I’m the only one who’s excited for this series to debut! I like the mix of characters and I wanna see them in action. Stoked!

15. So many new series to look forward to this fall. Thank you for this recommendation Ky. If you didn’t feature this, I wouldn’t know. Sooo under the radar.

16. zhangisiung says:

Where is the lockjaw picture for the big screen movie ? wonder how they would cast the teleporting dog in this film.

17. Kelvin Yu says:

I will reserve my opinion on this one after I’ve watched the debut episode. It looks promising. But I’m interested how the story will evolve. Will it follow the comicbook story arc? Are they gonna introduce new characters? Will there be crossovers? We’ll see..

18. I love Medusa! Can’t wait to see her in action. And Auran too! This is gonna be one action-filled superhero series!

19. alexsummers123 says:

Marvel has already proven itself by making Daredevil so this will be a good one, A chance to know this group better and they now have the spotlight.

20. First Iron fist now this? It is just awesome. If I may ask when will this and Iron fist be released? I will watch this absolutely!!!

21. Miles Cutler says:

Thank you for the update Ky! I wish you will also have a regular feature on TV series with superheroes or game-related. Aside from gaming, I’m a big TV fan!

22. It looks fun and exciting! Can’t wait for the fall debut of this series. Hey Ky, keep us posted on anything related to this series ok? Cheers!