Ky's Korner #37: Call Of Duty: Black Ops 3 DLC 5- Zombie Chronicles??? Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Animation. Media. Entertainment.

Hey, Gamer Friends!

Have you heard?? Call Of Duty: Black Ops 3 DLC 5 is set to release soon but with a zombie twist? I’m curious as to how you all feel about this… Call Of Duty has always been a relatively serious military style game and this new zombie twist has me feeing a bit confused. I have to do my research here and see if they can convince me to get on board with this. I mean, you guy’s know me and I do love me some good ole’ zombie fighting action so there’s a good chance that by then end of this article, I totally could be all about it. Let’s see what we can find out….

While the world may be focused in Call Of Duty: WW2 zombies campaign, Activision has been gearing up for the release of their Zombie Chronicles DLC 5 and none of us had a clue until just recently.

So, Activision has announced the actual release date and it is set for May 16th. It has been reported that it will be only released on PS4 at first but, no worries my Xbox & PC gamers… It will be available for us too but, we will have to wait another 30 days or so. I know, I know, sometimes life just isn’t fair but at least we know it’s coming and soon. Jason Blundell from Treyarch made the official announcement on JCbackfire’s YouTube channel. Treyarch will also be hosting a live stream today, Monday, May 8th where he will further discuss Zombie Chronicles. Here is his reveal video…

This is not the first time we’ve heard about the Zombie Chronicles, retailors from Mexico and Poland leaked information weeks ago, and of course we heard it from CharlieIntel first but, was removed quickly as it was considered too premature. Now we’re hearing it straight from the horses mouth, as Activision has now confirmed the release. CharlieIntel.com also mentioned that within the original images found, one name is worth bringing to our attention, the name Barbarossa. “In 1941, Hitler commanded an operation called operation Barbarossa, which was a mission to take over the Soviet Union,” says the Call Of Duty fan site. In addition to the leaks, the game has already been given a rating by ESRB… this makes sense for the May 16th release… games are only given a rating right before their release… this alone was a huge clue.

Zombie chronicles are reported to contain at least 8 fully remastered maps from Call Of Duty: World At War along with Call Of Duty Black Ops 1 & 2. Maps are also rumored to involve, Verruckt, Shi No Numa & Nacdt Der Untoten from World At War, Along with Kino Der Toten, Shangri-La, Ascension, Moon & Origins from Black Ops 1 & 2, Takeo and Richtofen calling cards, Dempsey Nikolai calling cards, zombies heroes animated calling cards and a limited edition camouflage tin can.

There is an interactive teaser launched by Sledgehammer games, clues can be found regarding this new zombie addition. So, here’s where you can do your own sort of research friends and comment with what you find… if you don’t mind… But, this is what I have found thus far.

The letters… IUFDJ BHLOP JMUBA can be seen on the helmets but only in certain light but, by typing those letters into the decoder on the teaser site, you will unlock two pictures along with a message stating. “A New Horror Rises.” I will leave the two images a secret.. it’ll be more fun for you if I don’t spoil it.

Black Ops 3 received high praise on IGN review list due to its “fleshed-out Zombie mode,” and fun co-op multiplayer modes, which they think, will be a very nice addition to these newly remastered maps.  It also features a “Nightmares” mode which replaces all enemies with zombies. The campaign version was designed to support 4-player cooperative gameplay. In Zombie Chronicles, your character is an overly enhanced cyborg and this adaptation offers access to various special rewards and activities. The campaign also features its very own progression system. Meaning that unlock tokens must be acquired to purchase weapons and gear throughout.

Black Ops 3 takes place in the year 2065, roughly 40 years after the events of Black Ops 2. Our story follows a group of special ops soldiers as they track through the world now facing disturbing climate changes and new technologies.

It seems it is not yet confirmed if it will be available with a season pass or if it will simply have a stand alone fee. I wish I had more info on pricing and what not but it simply isn’t out there yet, however, with the release finally being announced we should be finding out the rest of the logistics very soon, I’m sure.

I was able to locate the official trailer…

I was also able to find a video showcasing the new maps… Its got really great info but, I’ll be honest… turn your volume down.. while this video is full of great content.. it is kinda loud. Just looking out for your ears my friends… I know how much you like to hear so yeah…LOL.

Well, my friends… I have given you all the info I have regarding the Zombie Chronicles. I hope you have enjoyed the read! As always…

Thanks so much for stopping by Ky’s Korner today!

I’ll chat with you guys again hopefully tomorrow, but if not definitely on Wednesday.

And don’t forget to comment friends!

I love reading and responding to your thoughts!

To read more from Ky Lynn click here

ky_signature

32 thoughts on “Ky’s Korner #37: Call Of Duty: Black Ops 3 DLC 5 – Zombie Chronicles???

1. It looks like you’ve been convinced! And so am I! Anything zombie is good for me, but this is something different. It’s more exciting!

2. I am pumped! One week til release date! Thank you for reminding me Ky…My PS4 is soooo ready for COD!

3. Even Call of Duty is on the zombie bandwgon huh? I never played it but this looks promising. Bring it on.

4. micorobin says:

It is a great way to make the game relevant and updated since we are all into the zombie apocalypse hype. I May take a crack on this game.

5. darkkvader says:

I like zombie games. I wish I could play and have fun with this game too.

6. valine13 says:

I didnt know that Call of Duty has this zombie thing, I mean this is exciting!

7. bbestari says:

interesting game! I feel like I wanna be in the game terminating all the zombies and defense myself. I wonder if it has VR version, must be cool!

8. bbestari says:

bbestari

9. xiaoran0095 says:

I love anything that is zombie related. So this excites me so much! Im going to grab a copy right away

10. I honestly wonder what they’re going to do for zombies in the new title. Would love to shoot some zombies with old school WW2 era guns again.

11. Excited! Been waiting for this to happen. I mean, COD going zombie. I knew it was just a matter of time. When I read about the rumors, I had a feeling it was gonna be true. And now you just confirmed it!

12. The trailer gave me goosebumps! I’m so giddy with excitement! And those maps! Man, I can almost figure out my strategy. Thank you Ky for updating us always,

13. amaterasu123 says:

As one who is not as familiar with the COD verse. I am curious to see how this zombie thing could affect the series. I personally find zombies boring primarily because they are just mindless.

14. alexsummers123 says:

I hope this game has something new to offer. I mean the zombie apocalypse has been milked so much that it is hard to get in. Like how many ways do we have to kill a zombie?

15. Grecy Garcia says:

The game is interesting but I find this one really serious and for boys only, but as Ky Lynn will be playing this one, it would be different. I mean, if Ky Lynn will like this one, I should check it and try to play this game too. I only believe in Ky Lynn’s review.

1. Ky Lynn says:

Awww thanks so much friend! I wont ever let you down… promise!

16. gamegeek says:

Another zombie themed online game again. For whatever reason, I’m not a huge fan of anything with zombies on it. I just don’t understand the type of evil that they are. I guess that’s what they should be – targets for guys who love shooting.

17. chrisdan1 says:

Call of duty has been a household name for a while. People enjoy playing it. I take a look at it sometimes but I don’t really play. Now with zombies being added to the equation?? Sounds like walking dead to me. Though they can be fun targets. They walk really slow, don’t have defense plans and stuff like that.

18. grayicemake says:

This is why I hate zombies in games. They are slow and not to mention the defense part will now be toss off the window.

19. skydragonwendymarvell says:

Another walking dead? I am joking of course but the rate this is going. It is not that surprising. It is kinda di a let down.

20. luffyzorro2012 says:

I am going to get this game just to see how it ticks. I expect developersto have a lot of spin since the zombie game is filling up quick.

21. JhoannaG says:

Everything now is about zombies! Not bad if they release their zombie version games. Might give it a try still. Just hope it has a different twist to it!

22. Miles Cutler says:

Zombie everywhere! LOL! I love COD but I am not so excited about this one. I dunno why. But I will still buy this and we’ll see how it goes.

23. Hmmm…this is some kind of a game. I’m just surprised Call of Duty went into this way. I mean, it’s a good thing. It’s just I did not expect it.

24. This is refreshing. But some people may look at it as one of the same zombie games. But for me, this is something new for the COD franchise. And I am excited!

25. Thanks for the update Ky! I was wondering if this was gonna push through or not. Oh I’ve been out of the grid for a while. Feels good to be back…and with great news like this!

26. kadoyatsukasa123 says:

Only time will tell if taking the zombie route is good or not. AS forr me I think COD is solid enough to have a following regardless of game type.

27. titanierza says:

It is all about zombies these days. Movies, Shows, Games and now COD has caught on. I am not exactly hype going into this but I will give it a chance.

28. Kelvin Yu says:

Why are people obsessed with zombies nowadays? I love The Walking Dead LOL! But it didn’t cross my mind that COD will go the zombie route too. Whatever, I think it’s one exciting game!

29. It’s gonna be released tomorrow! Wooohoo! So who’s gonna buy it? I have Xbox though so I’m gonna have to wait a bit LOL! Let us know guys ok?

30. Is it true that it is coming out tomorrow? I better get in line then. I am a fan of COD since I was a kid so this is exciting for me.

31. Thank god this is just a DLC. Meaning, I can choose whether to download it or not which is good. I do not like zombies.