Ky's Korner #35: PlayerUnknown's Battleground... Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Animation. Media. Entertainment. Woman Owned.

Hey, Gamerz! Happy Friday!

I’m sure most of you reading this use Steam, so this one is for you! Steam is an awesome way to not only to download games straight to your PC but, they also do a fantastic job of keeping us up to date on current games as well as future releases. Steam really can be a gamer’s best friend, providing us with excellent deals and even better games such as the game we are discussing today…Playerunknown’s: Battleground. This is not the only place to get your PU: Battleground, however, it is where I first saw it, where you can pre-order now. It will also be sold at most gaming retailers. You know me. I am just hoping they create a version compatible without consoles too. PC gaming is cool no doubt, just would like to see it on my Xbox too.

Honestly, I hadn’t heard of this game until today, and after doing more research, I feel as if it’s a game I must check out. Let’s see if you feel the same….

Battleground is a massive multi-player online, third-person shooter, survival game. Wow, that’s a mouth full, isn’t it? I have read that it is a story line much like The Hunger Games. Actually, that’s what first caught my attention. It is both developed and published by Bluehole Inc. for Microsoft Windows.

Players are able to choose the course of their game by selecting between:

Solo match-  A free for all for those 100 players without any pre-made grouping.

Duo’s-  Allowing 50 pairs of players to compete against one another.

Squads-  This allows an assortment of groups from 1-4 players instead of just the two.

Either way, the objective here is to be the last team standing, the last survivors, as this is the group that wins.

In the beginning, each person parachutes in without any weapons or items of any kind. Remember, it’s all about survival friends. There are usually 100 players dropped in per round…and you must choose when to eject yourself. Once landed, you must search the area, such as abandoned houses or simply the terrain to find much-needed supplies… also once you have made a kill you are able to search your enemy and steal the supplies, they have on hand. A bit sneaky but, that’s the name of the game. During each round, certain areas are being bombed, and you must flee to keep from being eliminated, you are warned a few minutes before the bombing begins, to give you enough time to reach a safety zone. The average round takes no longer than 30 minutes.

“Killing off another player cuts down on your competition, but it also offers up the opportunity to grab some loot. Your character can only carry around a limited amount of gear, so there are important questions to ask whenever you come across new items. Would a helmet be more beneficial in the long term than a couple of med kits? Is it better to stick with your current 9mm pistol, or hold out hope that you’ll be able to find ammo for a found 12 gauge shotgun?” Says, Brenden Greene, creative director PUBG, this is Greene’s first major stand-alone game. I’d say he’s nailed it with this one for sure!

After each round, you are able to gain in-game currency based on your skill level, your amount of kills or the damage you did to the opposing team. This in-game currency can be used for upgrading and cosmetic changes to your character.

Weapons Include:

-Ammunition               -Bows                               -Melee Weapons

-Assault Rifles              -DMR’s                             -Pistols

-Sniper Rifles               -Light Machine Guns    -Throwables

-Submachine Guns     -Shotguns

Vehicles Include: (I thought this was pretty cool)

-Motorcycles      -Buggy              -Sedan      -UAZ

-Jeep                    -Speedboat      -Truck

So that’s nice… we get to ravage the territories by using vehicles, that should make things a lot easier.

Here are the requirements for you PC: (Just so you know before you start your download….)

-Storage: 30 GB Of Available Space      -Network: Broadband Internet Connection

-Memory: 6 GB RAM                                -Processor: Intel Core i3-4340/AMD FX-6300

-Operating System: 64-bit Windows 7, Windows 8.5 or Windows 10

-Direct X: Version 11

Now let me show you the official trailer… It just looks so awesome, I could hardly wait to show you!! I love the rock and roll soundtrack… totally makes me feel like getting online right now so I can commence to kickin’ some major booty!! How about you!?

Here’s the 2nd Official trailer released recently. The artwork in this game blows me away… no pun intended. Wink-Wink!

Well, my friends… I absolutely love bringing you the latest and greatest gaming info… especially when were discussing amazing games such as this one. Thanks so much for stopping by Ky’s Korner today. Let’s chat again soon.

To read more from Ky Lynn click here

ky_signature

Categories: Blog

26 thoughts on “Ky’s Korner #35: PlayerUnknown’s Battleground…

1. valine13 says:

Woah it sure do look like the survival and suspense Hunger Games. Nice to be able to play this even just once!

2. darkkvader says:

Nice game I think. Unfortunately too bad I will not be able to comply due to my PCs specs. I think this is pure high quality game.

3. Grecy Garcia says:

This is something I want to play. When you said it is like Hunger Games, my eyes got wide open and I read some more. I love the group. I always wanted to be in a team even in playing games. I got curious, I will research some more.

4. alexsummers123 says:

Sounds like a cool game but my PC specs are not up to par with it. I will still keep a close eye on the game via Youtube.

5. amaterasu123 says:

Now I can see why people saw this as a Hunger game. Survival of the fittest. I would love to know more about game mechanics.

6. I love it! Survival games is my genre and upon seeing the trailer, it excited me a lot! Thanks for sharing this Ky 🙂

1. Ky Lynn says:

Awww you are so welcome my friend!

7. Kelvin Yu says:

Great game play! I wouldn’t have known too that this game existed if not for you Ky Lynn. This is awesome!

1. Ky Lynn says:

So glad I could help friend!!

8. skydragonwendymarvell says:

This is redemption for me after Valley left a bad taste on my mouth. It was definitely worth the review that even I watch the entire thing.

9. luffyzorro2012 says:

IF i will get this game I may have to optimize my system. This looks immaculate but the system requirements are high.

1. Ky Lynn says:

They are def high my friend, you are right about that!

10. Brody says:

The game looks awesome. Then, I got to the part for the system requirements. All I can say is… OUCH! Looks like I have to upgrade a great deal before I can play this game. Well, I am using a three year old machine. Perhaps it is time to make that change.

11. Calvin says:

With regards to the system requirements, is that the minimum or the recommended? I am just a student but want to try this game out. I do have a computer but slightly lower-specced. It would be great to know if I will really need to upgrade or not. Nice review by the way!

1. Ky Lynn says:

Most likely it is just recommended for optimal gameplay. You could probably play it with what you have but expect a lot of lagging. Would be better to upgrade soon anyway if you can but trust me I know how that goes… way easier said than done!

12. xiaoran0095 says:

survival games always give me the chills! I love it! Great post and I am looking forward for more!

13. Whoa! This is sooo good Ky! I love the adrenaline rush that comes with these type of games. I will download this when it is released, that’s for sure!

14. Miles Cutler says:

Not bad. Typically survival games are not my thing. But this game made me excited for some reason. Maybe it’s worth giving a chance? We will see.

15. The high specs can be both beneficial but is flat out dumb decision in the long run. I mean how about the gamers who happen to be in the low end?

16. micorobin says:

This is just unfair I mean if you want your game to be known why limit your target audience? I understand the business but come on, It should be there for everyone.

17. I love this game! Another survival game added to my list. This kind of games get me going for hours and hours cuz it’s exciting. You never know what’s gonna happen next!

18. Thank you for posting the system requirements Ky. Imma need to upgrade a bit so I can download this game. Cheers!

19. nightcrawlerxmen says:

This game will be a blast. I can play it for hours. I hope they tone down the specs a bit.

20. The weapons and vehicles are uber cool! I love the trailer, Ky. I bet this is gonna be one helluva ride!

21. Wow! A Hunger Games-inspired game! Well, if that’s the case, I volunteer to be the Tribute for our district. LOL! Just watching the trailer makes me very excited!

22. gumersindo says:

! give thanks you for posting the scheme requirements Ky. Imma need to raise a spot so I can download this biz.