Ky's Korner #34: Injustice 2. Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Animation. Media. Entertainment. Woman Owned.

Hello, Gamers!

Not too much longer my friends and we will finally be able to get our hands on Injustice 2. Its official release date is May 16th so just a couple more weeks! Woohoo!! From what I can tell it looks AMAZING!!! So much so, that I had to discuss it with all of you. I’m not even gonna play. I’m a superhero lovin’ kind of girl. I guess it’s because I wish I were one I mean…  it would be so awesome if I had superhuman strength or if I had metal claws that shot out of my knuckles like Wolverine…You know what I mean.. lol. I just can’t help but be drawn to them.. movies, games, whatever it is.. Count me in! So… with that being said, let’s check out this Injustice 2 and see what all it has to offer…

First off, let’s talk about this new Joker. Why does he look completely different? You can tell they made this Joker look very much like it’s voice actor…. or that seems to be the case to me. I understand that this is a big thing right now and in most cases, I’m all about it but.. it kinda bugs me when they have a well-known character and then they change up everything about it after we’ve all become accustomed to the original. Why change something that ain’t broken?? (Excuse my country twang there but.. can’t help it.) And… Didn’t Superman punch a hole through his chest Injustice? I’m guessing they thought since they were bringing him back anyway they might as well give him a whole new look too.

He in no ways resembles the classic Joker we all know and love to hate… He looks more like the theatrical versions that we’ve seen on the big screen the last few years or so. It’s like he’s part Heath Ledger’s and Jared Leto’s version all rolled into one. Interesting, yes but, a bit strange for an Injustice game, I think. He’s back with all his same tricks, armed with a knife and a gun. Seems a little weak maybe but who knows… Here’s a Joker clip so you can see what I mean. What do you think? You like this new Joker? Or No? Your thoughts, please….

Okay, moving right along… Harley seems a bit different too. Let’s find out how different she is, shall we!?

In my opinion, her face resembles Margot Robbie…. like a lot.. (I know most everyone knows this but for those who don’t…) She is the actress that plays Harley in Suicide Squad. So that’s different… I mean to me Injustice had a more comic book style but, I am guessing they are hoping to cash in and benefit from the success of the movie. I get it… maybe this will be how they keep it… this will be how they keep both the game and the movies relevant.

However, they did incorporate some of her classic attire. As if they took Harley’s outfit from Suicide Squad and threw in some pieces from Arkham Night to try and tie them all in together. She did keep her weapons the same with her guns, her trusty bat, and her oversized hammer but this time around she has two new pets.. two dangerous and angry hyenas.. the perfect evil pets for her.. don’t you think?

Wonder Woman is so much different this time around. Still flashing her sword, the shield, and that famous rope but her look is quite different for sure. Her outfit is similar but looks more like armor, and physically she actually resembles the version in the new movie which again I think is the underlining theme to this game. Wonder Woman still remains in hiding after being exiled by her sister. She waits for the day she can have her revenge on Batman so she can free Superman as she still believes in his ability to rule. Here’s an intro clip showcasing Wonder Woman’s moves and her fighting ability. “Did I mention I’m an Amazon??” Haha! Love it!

Ok, guys.. there’s a ton of other characters in this new edition that I didn’t mention…simply put.. There are just too many to discuss individually so let me see if I can list them all…

Aquaman, Batman (Of course), Superman (Duh), Artocitus, Gorilla Grodd, Deadshot, The Flash, Blue Beetle, Bane, Poison Ivy, Brainiac, Robin, Black Canary, Swamp Thing (Awesome), Catwoman, Cheetah, Dr. Fate, Green Lantern, Black Atom, Captain Cold, Scarecrow, Cyborg, Firestorm, Green Arrow, Supergirl & Darkseid…. Please excuse me if I left any out. Don’t think I did but, still.

Additional character skins include:

Mr. Freeze, Green Lantern (John Stewart), Power Girl, Grid & Reverse Flash.

Dude… that’s for real a lot of characters to choose from! I’m sure you will have to earn almost all of them but, that’s just how it goes. Y’all know this. Injustice 2 is developed by NeverRealm Studios and obviously published by Warner Brothers, and it is the sequel to Injustice: Gods Among Us. It will be compatible with Ps4 & Xbox One. Gameplay has pretty much remained the same with a few added perks such as a new feature called The Gear System. This system allows the player to receive rewards like special equipment and different costumes for each character.

After all this talk, you just might be ready to see the some of the trailers if you haven’t seen them yet… Here they are folks! Enjoy!

Official Trailer #1:

Official Trailer #2:

Official Gameplay Trailer:

Well, that’s it for today friends! Thanks so very much for stopping by Ky’s Korner! Talk soon!

To read more from Ky Lynn click here

ky_signature

23 thoughts on “Ky’s Korner #34: Injustice 2

1. darkkvader says:

Joker’s crazy and so powerful.I love games like this!

2. valine13 says:

Trailer itself makes me want to play this. I love games with so much fighting like Role playing ones with strategy as well.

3. Grecy Garcia says:

I think I will love this one as I am aware of the characters. I grown up with them. I never thought that Wonderwoman wants to avenge with Batman to free Superman. So Wonderwoman likes Superman more, that is cool. Love the trailer. Thanks for letting me know about this.

4. rage87 says:

I’ve played injustice on a smartphone device. I haven’t tried yet to play it in a game console. And yeah, there are a lot of characters to choose from in this new injustice and some characters really like joker is quite different from the previous one.

5. alexsummers123 says:

I am hype for this game. Another great movie to watch. Yes it is. I just hope we do not do the whole dark Superman all over again.

6. amaterasu123 says:

Is Scorpion still going to be in the game? I think he deserves a story mode. Speaking of that I hope it will be longer than the previous one.

7. I’m expecting Scorpio too. And that new Joker looks sick. Not my type but I wanna give it a chance.

8. And I really thought that was Margot Robbie! Heck, they really did cash in on the success of Suicide Squad huh. But I love Wonder Woman in this game. Can’t wait for the 16th!

9. skydragonwendymarvell says:

I do not know about Suicide Squad as a critical success but I will roll with it. What is up with the Joker makeover By the way?

10. luffyzorro2012 says:

Hopefully it would not be so Batman heavy. I know Batman means money but come on the others need the spotlight too.

11. Adam says:

They really ought to make fighting games that use comic book characters fight in tiers. I mean, the non-superpowered ones can only really fight against this who are the same. Let’s face it, they are no match for the supers so why make an impossible match-up?

12. Brody says:

Just watched the Injustice trailer for Wonder Woman. Why didn’t they use Gal Gadot’s likeness? Or with Harley… Why didn’t they use Margot’s? Well, whichever the case, I think that would have made the game more aesthetically pleasing. I look forward to giving this a try.

13. xiaoran0095 says:

Harley quinn looks so dope. Joker is okay, I still prefer the original one.

14. I love Wonder Woman! She’s my hero since I was a young girl. That’s why I am super excited to watch her movie! Of course I am excited for this game too!

15. I love this Joker! A mish-mash of all the Jokers past. Wondering how this will pan out in the game proper. Cheers Ky!

16. If Batman runs this whole thing I will be pissed. That is just flat out tossing logic off the window. Come on Batman should be outclassed but for some reason he is not.

17. micorobin says:

Is it just me or is it a bit darker this time around? I mean literally it is like the director just said lets tale this scene on dim lights? What the hell.

18. Not Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman? Oh what a let down! I like her already. I’ll still be downloading this game though. Looks good,

19. This Joker is rad! I wanna see him in action. Can’t wait!

20. nightcrawlerxmen says:

Well got to agree it would be sick if Gal was brought in here but needless to say the game is hype. I am getting one myself.

21. kittyprydexmen says:

Did they tweak the face design? I mean the joker looks like a punk, WW looks like a nut job. However Batman and Quinn looks good.

22. Yeah man this is so exciting! About the new Joker, I also can’t say for now that I like him or not.. It’s just the trailer. I’ll wait until I’ve played the game.

23. Finally, the long-awaited follow-up! I like this Harley, probably because I’ve seen her in the movie already. I heard rumors that she will have her own movie spin off. True?