Ky's Korner #33: Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice... I Cannot Wait To Play This!! Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Animation. Media. Entertainment.

Well, hello again! Wink-Wink…

As you should know by now, I’m always trying to bring you the latest news regarding awesome up and coming games and… Omg, my friends!!… I came across Hellblade, and it looks absolutely amazing! So, let’s dig a bit deeper into it… Shall we?

Apparently, this game had been in the works for quite some time, and I mean like a long time. It was originally announced back in 2014 and was initially set to release in 2016. Well… that date came and went, and we are still waiting. The buzz is that it will be out before the end of this year… sometime. I really hope they mean it because this is a game I will waiting for without a doubt!!

Ninja Theory, the developers of Hellblade, were asked on Twitter if the game will be out in 2017. They replied with. “Yes! We’re really looking forward to sharing #Hellblade with you all. The support had been fantastic!” So… this is promising, to say the least!

Hellblade has been the topic of some pretty high technology such as motion capture, cinematics, and facial animation. Despite all this… it seems not too much has been done with the development side of things.

Hellblade’s story follows Senua, and her adventure into the underworld, which is made up of psychotic episodes manifested by her own mind and/or consciousness and is based around Celtic Mythology. It is set around 790 AD, according to the game’s creative director, Tameem Antoniades. “It’s specifically that period because the Christian’s haven’t arrived yet. It’s in the Orkney Islands, which is just off the coast of Scotland. Shortly after the Vikings landed in Orkney, the Celtic population in Orkney disappeared. People don’t know why. The story sets out to explain that.”

Another mystical mystery explained throughout Hellblade is Senua herself. “They discovered a Goddess relatively recently in England, and the only thing they found was a carving on a stone that said, “To the Goddess Senua. We have fulfilled our vow.” Gifts were found with the body but other than that there were no more clues as to exactly who she was or what her story entailed. This has undoubtedly made a fascinating basis for the game. Who is this Goddess Senua and what vow was fulfilled in her honor?? I know I will be researching her story further and who knows. I’ll probably blog about that too at some point. I have a feeling there is so much more of her story to be told! Don’t you agree?

Our lead actress in the role of Senua is Melina Juergens. Here’s a video that tells us more about how she literally became Senua.

That’s some amazing technology, isn’t it!!?? As of now all the performance capture scenes have been recorded and are now being put into place… All the voice overs that follow you throughout the game have been recorded… all of this is now being refined for actual gameplay so were getting close. However, there is still some work to be done. Dominic Mathews, part of the product developer team, explains….

“We’ve just hit the alpha stage in the development of Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice. This is significant because that means that for the first time the entire game is playable from beginning to end. That doesn’t mean the game is finished, however. There’s still an enormous amount of work to be done across Hellblade. Some parts of the game are starting to look and feel just as we envisioned, whereas others are still only built to a basic level. The important thing at this stage is all of the areas are laid out and the design clearly defined.”

Hellblade is now moving into the Beta stage, this is where Ninja Theory can focus on the gamer experience. Mathews says, “Were looking at the game step by step, improving it along the way, honing in on how the game will look and feel to our players. It is at this stage that we will add a lot of small details that make a big difference.”

Now, let’s check out the game for ourselves… Here’s the official trailer released by Ninja Theory…

As far as I am concerned… I am totally intrigued by the story line and how about those graphics?? The artwork is just impeccable! I’m hooked already! But… I really want to see some actual game play along with the fighting style… How about yall? Let’s check it out here….

As of now, it is only set to release on the PS4 console as well as PC. Another game I am praying eventually comes out on Xbox!! Come on Ninja Theory… don’t forget about us Xbox players! I know.. I know… You need to see how sales go first then go from there, I mean I get it but let’s just hope it happens eventually!!

I hope you guys have enjoyed learning about this game with me. It’s one with a story unlike any other, one that I am sure will become a classic. What do you think? Be sure to comment and let me in on your thoughts, as I have shared plenty of mine with you as usual.. lol.

Thank you so much, my friends, for stopping by Ky’s Korner today!! Until next time!

To read more from Ky Lynn click here

ky_signature

25 thoughts on “Ky’s Korner #33: Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice… I Cannot Wait To Play This!!

1. valine13 says:

I like your poster ms. ky! I also like that for those who didnt know the game they can actually have a hint of what it looks like based on your cosplay.

2. darkkvader says:

It’s cool since the protagonist is a girl! She’s cool man!

3. kittyprydexmen says:

I never heard of this game before yeah unlucky me. Anyway your depiction of my guess the main character is striking.

4. nightcrawlerxmen says:

I cannot wait to have this game featured on your let us review segment. Good job miss Ky.

5. Grecy Garcia says:

The graphics is surreal. Love the voice over. I watched the trailer you have provided and I will definitely wait for it to come to PC. I don’t have Xbox but I wish they also consider this on Xbox to attract lots of gamer. For sure, everyone is excited.

6. Celtic mythology and it’s made by the same team that did Heavenly Sword?! Count me in! I’ve always loved all types of mythology so playing a game that gives some info about mythology is always a great way to inform and gain knowledge on mythological beings and deities while still entertaining people like myself.

7. zhangisiung says:

The game looks like a blend between thriller and action adventure. Combat seems a bit monotone thou.

8. alexsummers123 says:

Correct me If I am wrong but is it these the same people that brought us the DMC reboot? I will be real I never like what they did there but I will still watch this game. Considering the effort that went into it.

9. amaterasu123 says:

THe actress said she was into DMC. I hope it was not the reboot because it was bad real talk. That aside I want to see the web film soon.

10. What the#$%#$%&^%&!!! I want this game now! Freakin’ awesome! Storyline is really impressive. Can’t wait!

11. Release this now! LOL! It’s the best trailer I’ve seen so far this year. I reckon this will be a very big hit. Impressive graphics, and the storyline is sure to make us hooked. Two thumbs up!

12. skydragonwendymarvell says:

I am hype up for the episodic series than the game lol. I know I maybe in a minority here but I am not much of a gamer you see.

13. luffyzorro2012 says:

One of the games that I actually look forward to. They are definitely pushing it up on this one.

14. Calvin says:

“The Celtic population in Orkney disappeared. People don’t know why.” – I’ve read a story like this in history class. I think it was about the Roanoke Colony. Same thing happened. the people in the entire colony just disappeared, Too bad that story will not have a closure… and this game will!

15. xiaoran0095 says:

Impressive trailer! This got me so hyped up! It is time to familiarize myself with the games nowadays. Great post!

16. I would love to see this made into a movie. From the trailer alone, it has the makings of a blockbuster. I wish this will come true soon!

17. Impressive? I say it’s magical! Great use of tech. And they didn’t scrimp on the story as well. Very interesting!

18. If this trailer does not get the blood flowing I do not know what will. The structure and graphics are in a whole new level. A 10 out of 10 for me.

19. micorobin says:

Trailer is top notch. All I am waiting now is the full game. When is the release date anyway?

20. Oyyy! Release this already! Impressive use of technology. Storyline’s not bad too.

21. OMG I am so excited for this! Celtic mythology is something that I am obsessed with and this game just hits the spot! Oh my, I hope they release this soon!

22. titanierza says:

This can potentially be a good movie a few adjustments and boom. The premise and character is on point. I love the reality of it.

23. grayicemake says:

The interview was an interesting one since the artist was just behind the camera to becoming the lead. She is actually perfect for the role and a beauty too.

24. Wow Ky you also look like Senua herself! Very promising game. I hope this will be released anytime soon, I’m looking at the Thanksgiving holiday.

25. Kelvin Yu says:

I’m blown away by the trailer. Wow! Please keep us posted for any updates on this game, ok? Cheers!