Ky's Korner #29: Last Chance To Get Your Hands On The Nintendo NES Classic... Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Media. Entertainment.

Hello, my gamer friends!

Did you know today people are lining up to stake their claim on the very last batch of Nintendo NES Classic consoles? If you are hoping to get one also, you might want to hurry up and just do it. These classic consoles will never be made again so this is literally your last chance!! While you may be able to score one pretty easily as of now, keep in mind, they won’t be around for long. These consoles are flying off the shelves at a rapid pace so… don’t get left behind… Get em’ while you can!

While it’s style has stayed classic to what we all remember as kids, it is quite a bit smaller…. Which makes sense considering everything we buy seems to be more compact these days.. except for phones.. sometimes I look around at people on their phones, and it sounds like they are holding a full-fledged tablet up to their ear.. lol. Don’t get me wrong there’s nothing wrong with that… Just cracks me up that phones are getting bigger and less easy to carry while all other technology is downsizing for more comfortable use.

The NES is just a miniature version of the original which debuted way back in 1985. Yes! 1985… can you believe it! It’s easy to use, just requiring you to plug it in and get ready to be entertained!

Your purchase will include:

• 30 pre-installed games… WooHoo!!
  • Your AC adapter
  • HDMI Cable
  • One classic controller
  • And of course your NES Classic Console

Luckily, the controller is full sized so, you won’t have to worry about holding a mini controller in your hands. If you happen to have any of your original controllers, they are still compatible with this new system, and even your Wii remote will work. How cool is that?

There is a two-player mode so you can share in the fun. As I mentioned before when you buy your console, you will only be purchasing one controller, so you will have to buy another one for two player mode. Luckily, it will only run you about $10.00. So not too shabby at all!

This time around it is much easier to save your games progress… while in game mode you can hit the reset button to return to the homepage.. here is where you can save. You can pick back up right where you left off. Phew!!

Display Modes Include:

• Pixel Perfection: Each pixel was designed to be perfect, so your gaming experience is presented exactly as intended.
  • 4:3- This keeps the look original but with a horizontal stretch allowing more precise gameplay.
  • CRT Filter: This gives you that classic old school feel, creating the appearance of an old TV… Scan lines and everything!

Here’s a little preview….

All our favorite games are back! Pre- programmed Classic Games include:

• Donkey Kong
  • Balloon Fight
  • Super Mario Brother 1&3 (Not sure what happened to Super Mario Bros. 3…but okay.)
  • The Legend Of Zelda
  • Mega Man 2
  • Metroid
  • Gradius
  • Ghost’s N Goblins
  • Star Tropics
  • Galaga
  • Super C
  • Mario Bros Original
  • Castlevania 2: Simon’s Request
  • Tecmo Bowl
  • Bubble Bobble
  • Double Dragon 2: The Revenge (Awesome!!)
  • Excitebike (Love this game so much… Played this with my bro like everyday!!)
  • Ice Climber
  • Kid Icarus
  • Zelda 2: The Adventure Of Link
  • Donkey Kong Junior
  • Dr. Mario
  • Balloon Fight
  • Punch-Out! Featuring Dr. Dream.. (Also one of my faves!!)

That’s a lot of games all in one little console! But, if your gonna get it, you will need all these games from the get go. It was smart of the to do this… It’s not like you can stop at your local gaming store and just pick one up. They had to give us pre-programmed games, I am just happy they gave us so many!

And here’s one minute of gameplay for each one…

If you are a collector, this is surely a must buy for you… No worries friends this console will only cost you in total… around $60.

After 4/24/17 this will not be sold in stores anymore. Unless you can find a store that hasn’t sold out just yet, but I doubt if you would have such luck with people waiting in lines for hours, not even leaving to eat or sleep. If you have yet to get yours, the only place you may find them is exclusively on eBay.

They are also being sold through Best Buy, Target, Walmart, Amazon, GameStop & Toy’s R Us, so if you are having trouble finding one, consider these places. Like I mentioned before,  here pretty soon you only be able to find them on eBay, I’m sure. As people will be stocking up and making as much money off them as possible.

I hope this gave you a heads up about what to expect from your mini Nintendo. If you already have one, comment and let me know what your gaming experience has been like… Very interested to know!

Until then…thanks for stopping by Ky’s Korner! Let’s chat again soon!

To read more from Ky Lynn click here

ky_signature

20 thoughts on “Ky’s Korner #29: Last Chance To Get Your Hands On The Nintendo NES Classic…

1. diannelouisev says:

All of the classic games you mentioned here is my childhood! good times..

2. zhangisiung says:

I think this is just a remedy for old gamers who feels nostalgic, It also remind us how console game has developed.

3. revshine says:

This is just awesome as they have downsized one of my favorite gadgets and it si even cooler. The games that you have mentioned are my childhood games and Mario was my most favorite. It is amazing that it is available on most of the online shopping sites and the price is also reasonable. Thanks for this very detailed post. I have to inform this to my brother and he would be really happy to hear this.

4. Kelly O says:

Wow, that brings me back. You mention so many of my favorite games from my childhood. I totally grew up playing Donkey Kong and Zelda games.

5. Kelvin Yu says:

I wonder why they’re halting production. Poor sales? Or is this just a novelty? Anyhow, I think this is a very big opportunity for resellers. This console will automatically become a collector’s edition and it’s price will shoot up.

6. Oh no! I really wanna get one but I can’t buy as of the moment. The pre-loaded games are very good. Maybe I’ll just ask somebody to buy it for me.

7. valine13 says:

I like these classic games even before. But I just feel nostalgic you know.

8. darkkvader says:

I can’t buy right now maybe because im onto the new ones. but it’s still to catch up during the young times he he.

9. Grecy Garcia says:

I wonder if this one is available in my country now. It is affordable for me. I hope to buy it for my father who is alway staying at home, watching television. For sure he wants to play a game. I have to be honest I don’t know what it called, now I know, it is a console.

10. Ah this is sad. I thought this is gonna be out for like, a year. I already have one though. And I’m enjoying the games!

11. Oh I am surprised by this! Why oh why? Are they coming up with a new “classic” console? I don’t have one yet, but still having second thoughts on buying. Tsk tsk…

12. kadoyatsukasa123 says:

I do not have one he he. This can be a collectible piece and I would buy it out of nostalgia. Is this the equivalent of a family computer back then?

13. I’ve always been a fan of classics! Would love to get my hands on one before it’s sold out.

14. Kiju says:

This time I want to beat my brother in ice climber. He bested me when we were younger, hopefully I get better score!

15. Kyle says:

Super Mario Bros, Galaga, and Ice climber are my favorite classic games! I have fond memories of playing them over the summer with my cousins.

My brother-in-law has this and we played Balloon Fight and Galaga. So nostalgic! Couldn’t help but compare them to today’s games though…

17. b4rnard says:

I’d love to get one for its nostalgic value but I’m thinking… I already have a PC emulator to enjoy all those games! But looking at the console sure brings back a lot of memories. *sigh*

18. rage87 says:

I never heard that nintendo has planned to stop the selling of the classic nintendo? But thanks for the info Ky Lynn.I love nintendo games and to have a classic nintendo console would be an awesome part of my collection. For $60? It’s around 2,500 pesos in our country. Not bad at all. At least I could play all of my favorite classic games particularly Super Mario Brothers, Baloon fight and the Ice Climber.

19. Are you a pinoy rage? or a Mexican? Anyway when is this console gonna be out? This is quiet a news.

20. micorobin says:

The nostalgia factor is strong on this one lol. It makes me both feel like a kid and old at the same time. I will buy this.