Ky's Korner #24: Dead Rising 4: Frank Rising. Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Media. Entertainment.

Howdy Gamers!

This is the week I HAD to talk about Dead Rising 4’s latest downloadable episode… Frank Rising. I find it fascinating that this time around we play as a zombie! How crazy is that? After all these years of fighting zombies… he actually becomes one. When I heard this it threw me for a loop so, I had to investigate further and share what I found with you guys! I’m sure you all are just as interested as I am… we just get each other don’t we? You know what they say… great minds think alike…, and they do indeed!

If you have yet to play this series yet, you are missing out! The lead character is one of a kind… truly. He has a sense of humor and an oh so charming demeanor. Killing zombies isn’t always fun nor easy but, luckily Frank West is great at making light of an ugly situation. Later in the trailer, you’ll see exactly what I mean by that. He just makes the game for me, so I worried a bit when I heard about this zombie business. Let’s find out where this new chapter will take us, shall we?

Just as in its first 3 installments, Dead Rising 4: Frank Rising is also an open world horror-survival game. Keeping it classic… okay, so far so good. Unfortunately, we find out hero is a very disheartening situation. From the looks of it, Frank isn’t doing so well… I mean turning into a zombie can do that to a person. There was a sudden outbreak in the town of Willamette, and poor Frank has been infected.

In this episode the year is 2022 & West wonders the streets of Willamette, beaten and broken down and completely focused on his overbearing need to feed on flesh. Not sure how to feel about this… Frank is discovered by a former ally and is quickly pushed aside as incurable. During the game, he begins to recover thanks to a very unlikely source. Unfortunately, his recovery doesn’t stick, and he is in a major rush to find the permanent cure before he ends up a zombie forever. Sadly, as a zombie, actual food is not an option, so he must feed on the flesh of the living to survive. I’m thinking this may take some getting used to and we will be just as anxious to find the cure for Frank. This is a popular and super loved character, and I for one will be happy to get him back to his natural human state.

During his journey to survival, he learns that there are several people, survivors that he genuinely cares for, trapped within the city. Frank must save them and himself before it’s too late… Before the government writes his case off and forgets about him or before they wipe out the city completely.

Frank figures out that things have changed, things are evolving. Zombies are getting smarter…. And to make matters worse, those that are left refuse to trust one another. It’s a kill or be killed kinda world here folks, and it’s very likely the survivors just might wipe out each other and/or the town long before the government does…. or the zombies for that matter. As our story unfolds and Frank finds some very temporary cures, he is able to think clearly, as himself or his former self… all the while searching for that cure that will save him for good.

Luckily there’s a lot of videos to research out there. I already know I am going to have to play this at some point. It’s definitely on my list! But, just in case your not sure here’s the trailer… IT’S AWESOME!! Love the Rock-N-Roll soundtrack… I so have to have to play this!

And here’s a little more of the gameplay…

Now that’s the smile we know and love… lol. You guys see what I mean. Unlike previous editions, this episode does not feature a timing system or co-op during gameplay. It was released on April 4th so… you can download it now on Xbox One & Windows 10.

I’ll go ahead and throw in the trailer for Dead Rising 4 minus the Frank Rising download… I believe that it’s important to show this so you can totally tell how perfect his personality normally is….. Just in case someone out there doesn’t know already. You will absolutely love him after watching it.. guaranteed!!!

I just love this character so much… Don’t you!?? I have yet to play even Dead Rising 4 much less Dead Rising 4: Frank Rises but… I am planning on it in the very near future… how bout’ y’all??

Well friends, thanks so much for stopping by Ky’s Korner… Let’s chat again tomorrow!

To read more from Ky Lynn click here

ky_signature

28 thoughts on “Ky’s Korner #24: Dead Rising 4: Frank Rising

1. Now I didn’t expect this! It’s been a while since I played Dead Rising but I can still remember Frank. Who wouldn’t, right Ky Lynn??? Downloading it now!

2. I reckon this might happen at some point…and it came true! Game developers think this is a unique take on the game, and I totally agree with them. Market strategy 🙂

3. Miaka Yuuki says:

I never heard of this game until now that is. Is it good? I hope so.

4. chibimari1212 says:

Omg it gets me goosebumps! ‘Zombies are getting smarter’ is so scary yet challenging >.<

5. loveylucy says:

Aww the soundtrack is so cool!!!! Agree with you, Ky! This game should be on my list

6. zhangisiung says:

Lol you go frank. Now you can even take more selfies with the zombies, considering that you are a zombie yourself too.

7. micorobin says:

I will not play this game. The zombie genre has not grown on me. It will never be. Sorry.

8. valine13 says:

the girl in the poster is seriously scary! nice poster

9. darkkvader says:

playing these kind of games are really fun! this game should be added to my list now!

10. ienma83 says:

hehe its interesting to know that we are the zombie instead of killing one as you said. looks like this will be an interesting game for sure!

11. marucatblog says:

this game is surely going to be a hit not only for the awesome soundtrack but its also because its so different, we arent killing zombies instead we are a zombie! Haha…sounds very cool!

12. Grecy Garcia says:

Really the game is not for me. I checked the trailer on the first video you posted and I con’t take to continue. However, from the review you said about Frank, I think he really have a good heart for saving those people before it is too late. This one must be really challenging for him. You also said that the gamer is the zombies. Are we the zombies the villains in here?

13. Esperanza Khan says:

I love horror survival games. It’s the excitement that makes if fun to play

14. alexsummers123 says:

This game is not for me too, However, Grace pique my interest on her observation as if suggesting that perhaps the zombies are not evil here. Time to check the trailer

15. piomavirah says:

Blood everywhere. Ikr it’s creepy but I want to try this survival game. I will support Frank

16. preashblog says:

I never played any zombie game except plant vs zombies haha. but the story of frank caught my attention and I will try to dare myself to play this game

17. Great review, Ky. I remember a movie where zombies where slowly getting better and regaining their human abilities. What’s the title…wait…I think it’s Warm Bodies. Not sure. Whatever, this game is really cool!

18. I did check if his Twitter account was real…sadly it ain’t 😦 LOL! I love Frank! He’s my hero!

19. titanierza says:

Plants vs Zombies? That was a nive throwback my friend. I am never a fan of zombie games but that comment made my day. Thanks

20. amaterasu123 says:

What kind of rock have I been under? I never heard of this game until now. I want to try it even if it creeps me out.

21. Balbina Magdadaro says:

Dang, I didn’t expect this twist in the story! I will definitely download and play this game now! Cheers for the update.

22. Miles Cutler says:

LOL @ that lady who verified Frank’s account. I say y’all master this game because it is fun! A different kind of zomebie game.

23. Frank is such a cute guy! Well, cute guys don’t end up as villains so this game has to prove it! LOL! 🙂

24. Kelvin Yu says:

Well this interesting! I’ve played the previous games and I’m a big fan of Frank. I dunno how I would feel with him being a zombie! Thanks for the update guys.

25. A zombie game with a sense of humor. This should prove to be very interesting. Frank seems like he might be my type of guy…just like Ash Williams in Ash vs Evil Dead. Love me some Bruce Campbell kick-ass-alike!

26. He looks like a Hollywood actor. I just can’t remember. I haven’t played the first chapter of this game so I better start now so I can relate to this zombie hero.

27. Love the trailer! Saw some vids over Youtube too. Can’t believe I haven’t tried this before.

28. marchaching says:

Totally knew this would come! Now we get to play the antagonist as protagonist and eat brains. Lol!