Ky's Korner #23: Sonic Is Back And Better Than Ever!! Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Media. Entertainment.

Hello, my friends!

So… this one may be more for those retro gamers out there. However, everyone knows him, and just about everyone loves him. Yep! I’m talking about Sonic… Isn’t it crazy that they are coming out with two new games?? And it’s coming out during Sonic’s 25th anniversary… can you believe that!!??

25 years???

Really… I mean WOW. Where does the time go friends??

It’s been long belated if you ask me! You guys know this one of the first games I was totally hooked on back in the day… So I am euphoric to see the Sonic legend live on.

As I mentioned, we are blessed with two new games here… Sonic Forces & Sonic Mania. Sonic’s evolution hasn’t been easy over the years. Sadly, Sonic has had a hard time keeping up and an even more difficult time keeping the franchise afloat. Sonic Forces brings us a modern twist on the classic… its creators are hoping this will give a whole new life to the series. It’s keeping up with the some of the same traits were used to though such as the 3-D appearance we are all used to as well the original Sonic colors. The game is in a third person view mode with the iconic hedgehog just as in past games, as we race through the city collecting those golden rings. There is even a new character reveal…  I believe that it’s a new version of Sonic himself. Guess we won’t know till we get the game… they are keeping this secret very hush-hush.

Sonic Forces is a platform video game developed by the Sonic Team and published by SEGA for Nintendo Switch, Playstation 4, Microsoft Windows and Xbox One. YAYYYY!! I am so happy they made it for the Xbox One as well… I was worried it would only be out on PlayStation.. so phew!!

At the beginning of this new journey, things look rough for our little buddy as we race through a crumbling city that has been under attack by Death Egg and his Robot Sentinels. Sonic makes it through all the decaying city by using his super-Sonic speeds and still has his classics moves like the spin dash and the use of bounce pads, allowing Sonic to sail through the air with ease.

Sonic Forces will showcase two different versions of the character. One with a very similar look that we have seen in the past, more of a 2-D feel much like the original…. and another designed to look more 3-D to give him a more modern look, a look that most of us have become accustomed to.

Sonic Forces was announced last year at Comic-Con International last summer and was supposed to be released along with the Nintendo Switch… unfortunately it was put off until later this summer. This is our more 3-D version… check out the trailer and see what you think….

Now for a little something on Sonic Mania… This one seems to be slightly harder to find info on but… I’ll let you in on everything I know thus far…

This is our more 2-D version much like our little blue hero from back in the olden days… Glad to see him return to his natural state. Don’t get me wrong, I love that he has been given a new life and brought up to date with Sonic Force but… sometimes you have to keep it classic. Making two new versions of Sonic was such an excellent idea! So, let me say…. Thank you, SEGA!!

Sonic Mania reunites us with the characters we love so much… we meet up with Tails and Knuckles as we race through vamped up versions of classic scenes, each of them with all new surprising and powerful bosses. You will discover new hidden paths and secrets along the way… You must harness Sonic’s new Drop Dash, Tail’s flight, Knuckles climbing abilities to beat the evil Dr. Eggman’s robots.

Developed by PagodaWest Games, Christian Whitehead, and  Headcannon in collaboration with SEGA of America. Its release is also set for this summer and will be compatible with Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4Xbox One… (again, Yayyy!!) …as well as for PC users too. There will even be a collectors addition… if you’re interested, get it while you can… it will only be possible to obtain for a limited amount of time.

This all new experience brings us the best from classic Sonic while bringing it into this new age of gaming with amazing 60 FPS gameplay and tip-top pixel physics…. Bringing us a whole new fresh beginning for our little blue friend. Welcome my friends to Sonic Mania…

And here’s a little gameplay for you, 12 minutes to be exact… I know you were wondering just how this is all going down so here’s a little sneaky peek…

This makes me so jubilant, and I hope it makes Y’all happy too! Let’s all get back to the days when we used to go on those Sonic binges… I’m ready!!

Thanks so very much for stopping by Ky’s Korner today… Until next week friends!

To read more from Ky Lynn click here

ky_signature

30 thoughts on “Ky’s Korner #23: Sonic Is Back And Better Than Ever!!

1. valine13 says:

I do love Sonic a lot. I remember playing it with ps 2 even before. It’s really my favorite~

2. darkkvader says:

Wow Sonic is much better and more realistic! Love it!

3. rage87 says:

Great to hear that Ky Lynn! It’s good to know that this retro game has been getting better and better and now they are releasing this Sonic Forces which I guess would be a top selling game for all of those sonic lovers out there.

4. loveylucy says:

This is the game I love since I was child! Thank you SEGA, thank you Ky!!!

5. chibimari1212 says:

This is what I’ve been waiting for! Thank you Ky for telling us about our fav creature. Can’t wait to play thiiis and meet new soniiic!

6. kadoyatsukasa123 says:

Sonic is one of those games that has withstood time. I have not played it but I am aware of his adventures.

7. skydragonwendymarvell says:

12 minutes of gameplay wow!!! They are definitely pushing Sonic hard huh? I cannot blame them though for gaming nowadays are a steep market.

8. Wow my childhood favorite is back! And it will be available on the Switch. Perfect!

9. As always Ky Lynn, you’re on top of things! I’ve never heard about this news until I read this blog. I am excited to play Sonic again!

10. How do you find something fresh out of a 25 year old game? That is the question that I always ask for long term franchises. I never played Sonic by the way.

11. zhangisiung says:

Such a nostalgic game. They even kept the music for green hill zone. And the zone seems longer too.

12. micorobin says:

I am not that knowledgeable in the Sonic franchise. I am more into the toons than the games to be real.

13. preashblog says:

YAY I LOVE THE GRAPHICS! Omg the new sonic is beyond my expectation!!

14. piomavirah says:

Thank you for always help me being up-to-date, Ky!!! Glad to hear this will come to my Xbox

15. ienma83 says:

sonic brings back so many memories of me sitting down on a sunday morning eating cereal while watching the cartoon series at home. great that this game is going to be relaunched again 🙂

16. marucatblog says:

wow this is going to be awesome for sure! Sonic was like the in thing during my childhood days…or probably more accurate for my baby brother haha…its nice to see this making a comeback!

17. Grecy Garcia says:

Yes, I remember this one in the 90’s. My father was playing this one before. I even named my two mother and daughter cats as Sega and Sonic. I am glad they maintain the real colors because it will bring you back to the past when you are young once the look will still be original. I think I am loving it now. This is the kind of game I would love to play.

18. Esperanza Khan says:

This reminds me so much of my childhood! I can’t believe it’s been 25 years.

19. alexsummers123 says:

I forgot that Sonic games are a staple for the SEGA system. I feel old now and it has been 25 years huh.

20. grayicemake says:

I enjoyed watching the 12 minute preview. I just hope that this game gains back its stride. It deserves that.

21. It looks like Sonic has grown up hahaha! Been a while since Iast played Sonic. So it goes without saying that I am beyond thrilled for this to come out!

22. Sooo it’s true! I didn’t believe this until I read it here at SJE! Sonic is back! Yay!

23. titanierza says:

Why does it look like an old family computer game? It really is. Or is it by design?

24. amaterasu123 says:

This reminds me of the very first mario game where you rescue the princess. If bot the family computer version of Rockman game. That is both good and bad at the same time.

25. Angelo says:

Sonic is one of my favorite games to play before and it’s really a good news to Sonic fanatics that they are back and better than the previous Sonic games. To reach 25 years in the industry is quite tough to make and it just shows that Sonic is really a great game to play.

26. Finally some great news! Sonic is a class and I am glad they’re making a new one for the holudays. Cheers!

27. Miles Cutler says:

Happy to see my childhood “bestfriend” here. To say that I am excited is an understatement. Can’t wait for this to become downloadble. Thanks!

28. Kelvin Yu says:

Sonic was my favorite game when I was little. I haven’t played Sonic for a long time. After seeing the trailer, I felt nostalgic.

29. Wow Sonic has grown up! Gameplay is good! Excited for this new chapter of Sonic.

30. I am soooo old! Thanks a lot for reminding me. I remember playing Sonic way back when and I still can’t get over how much I’ve aged while the game has just improved over time. Oh, sob, sniff!