Ky's Korner #22: The Last Of Us Part 2- Can't Wait!!! Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Media. Entertainment.

Howdy Gamers!!

I am so excited right now!! I have been researching the up and coming.. The Last Of Us, Part 2… I cannot wait for this game to be released!! The Last Of Us is just one of those games you just… fall in love with. One that becomes addictive in a sense and you just absolutely have to know what happens next! It’s the type of game that keeps you playing for hours… and I mean so many hours that when you finally do put that controller down… you realize your hands are still in gaming formation and straightening them out just feels weird… LOL. We’ve all been there… let’s just be for real. There’s nothing like a good ole fashioned gaming binge! In fact, that’s when you know you’ve found something extraordinary… I love it when I game is just that awesome!

Well… I know for sure The Last Of Us, the first installment, was to me… mind-blowing! Does that sound cheesy to say about a game?? I don’t know but either way… I really don’t care. This was a game that made me feel like.. I wasn’t just playing a game. I was getting know these characters, and after the game, I felt like I had learned so much from it. These characters are deep, and so is their friendship… it makes you feel attached to them in almost the same way they are connected to each other. Makes you think of what all you would do to save those you love… most of us would do whatever it takes… Just like Ellie & Joel.

It’s a game of ultimate survival… one that truly leaves you to the mercy of your elements. What you have, you had to find, and where your going is anywhere, that has shelter and the basic needs of almost any human. I’ve heard it described as an action/horror game and I’d say I’d have to disagree with that statement. Yes, there is an outbreak, and it is spreading but, it’s a mutant Cordyceps fungus… It’s not a viral thing it’s more of a chemical mutant sort of thing… these things are more creature like than zombie-fied. I liked that aspect of it… it kept things interesting, there are several types of mutants, as everyone has reacted to the fungus differently.

Ellie and Joel search to find food, shelter & weapons. Food is scarce, shelter is what you make of it, and weapons are good, so long as you can stay stocked up on them. Having to use only your knife to protect yourself because that’s all you have isn’t uncommon, foraging for goods is constant. Sony, along with the developers Naughty Dog made sure to create a very realistic vibe here, and it paid off big time! Here’s a video from the first edition of The Last Of Us and after that… we shall dive right into The Last Of Us- Part 2.

Now let’s talk about The Last Of Us- Part 2. The release date isn’t set in stone just yet, but I guess it will be some time before the year is up. This is all I know for sure so far….

We are all wondering where this story will pick back up… what’s been happening to Joel and Ellie since we last saw them? This edition does seem a bit darker than the first… after years of fighting to survive that could definitely happen to a person. Again this could be the creator’s way of “keepin it real.” If so, I’m all about it. Ellie always had a fighter’s spirit and Joel was always willing to do whatever it took to keep them alive, an unstoppable team, even if one of them was only a child.

The trailer really doesn’t tell us much except that Ellie is just about all grown up… she still kicks butt, even more so now it seems and her friendship with Joel is still going strong… they still look out for each other, still taking care of each other. This is awesome… it was so crucial to me that they keep the main characters the same. These two need each other, and their story together is far from over. From what I gather… quite a few years have passed by obviously, and Ellie is angrier than ever.. but why is my question?

Something has happened, and for some reason, she’s on the warpath, ever so willing to kill. In the trailer, Ellie plays a gloomy tune on her guitar while surrounded by dead bodies… and based on the words from the song she sings… she makes it clear that she is responsible and willing to kill anyone that crosses her or has crossed her ever. She is ready for battle, I’m just anxious to find out exactly why! Here’s the trailer I’m talking about… see if you agree with my thoughts on it…

Well, will you be playing The Last Of Us- Part 2 when it comes out? Have I been able to convince you that this is, in fact, a must have game?? I hope so because this game is so genius, and has been from the beginning, that I assure you if you don’t play it… you WILL be missing out. No matter what this new edition will knock our sock off… no doubt about that!

Thanks for stopping by Ky’s Korner!! Until tomorrow my friends!

To read more from Ky Lynn click here

ky_signature

26 thoughts on “Ky’s Korner #22: The Last Of Us Part 2- Can’t Wait!!!

1. nightcrawlerxmen says:

When is this game going to be released officially? I am hype for this and will definitely play it.

2. kittyprydexmen says:

The trailer looks good. I am interested if the male protagonist will be killed or not? I guess I have to find out.

1. ienma83 says:

yeah have to agree with you on that, the trailer does look good doesnt it. the graphics look very much on point as well. cant wait to play it!

3. ienma83 says:

hmm. seems like a interesting game! survival games are always good, and I am also interested to see if Ellie will manage to survive this one?

4. Kelvin Yu says:

Part 2 trailer seems more gory and dark than the first. Pobably because Ellie is bigger now so there’s no need to treat each scene with kid gloves? Whatever, I will be waiting for its release!

5. But of course, Ky, we are all eagerly anticipating this game! I mean, even the non-survival/horror games players are hooked on this. I know some friends of mine who are.

6. zhangisiung says:

From the trailer looks like Ellie’s gonna kick more ass in part 2. Zombies beware hehehe.

7. valine13 says:

The trailer is cool! The girl reminds me of someone Ive seen on hollywood haha

8. darkkvader says:

This game is cool! I like these kinds of games!

9. rage87 says:

This is the first time I heard of this game and trailer looks good. I am a fan of survival games and this one is getting on my nerve. I will definitely play this game once it will be released. Thanks for sharing Ky Lynn.

10. chibimari1212 says:

OMG their expressions are so real tho! I’m excited too about this game >..< you are succeed again to convince me, Ky!

11. kadoyatsukasa123 says:

I have never seen graphics like these in a while. At least since FFVll. That is how good this is wow.

12. loveylucy says:

Oh Ellie is getting bigger and prettier. Is it just me or it’s exciting to wait Ky releases review about epic moment of this game?

13. skydragonwendymarvell says:

WIth Joel gone is Ellie going to turn? She is immune to the zombie virus right?

14. Love the sequel. I think this will be a big hit to fans of horror and survival games. But not me LOL!

15. Miles Cutler says:

Awesome! The Part 2 trailer is very creepy. Graphics has improved a lot. And looks like gameplay has vastly improved too!

16. I am not so much inti survival yet alone horror games. However, the story and graphics pique my interest.

17. micorobin says:

THe graphics are so realistic that it is now a pain to separate fact from fiction. Top notch stuff the developers has here.

18. piomavirah says:

“Well, will you be playing The Last Of Us- Part 2 when it comes out?” Definitely, yes! I’m already addicted to play The Last of Us so yeah

19. preashblog says:

I get attached of their friendship story ;’) I hope could play it soon

20. marucatblog says:

this looks like something I could definitely play! Going to give this a shot and putting it on my game list!

21. Grecy Garcia says:

From what I read from your review this game is perfect plot for a movie. Like it looks better than the zombie movie of Brad Pitt, I don’t remember the title though. I think this is scary because you said the people have different reaction to become a mutant. Oh my geez, I will left there staring at these mutants and not playing game because of fear.

22. elaine says:

“I hope so because this game is so genius,” What I think that, when the game is so real, it might let the players happy and enjoy to play it.

23. Esperanza Khan says:

I love that game so much! I can’t wait for it’s release too!

24. alexsummers123 says:

Why do I get the feeling that Ellie has really killed Joel? Yes I feel it is not a rumor given how ominous the trailer is.

25. grayicemake says:

Ellie has really grown on this one. When was this game set? A good 5-10 years after the first?