Ky's Korner #13: Destiny 2- Release Date Finally Announced. Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Median. Entertainment.

Guess What Friends!?

Yep! You read that right!  Destiny 2: Last Call was finally announced! This means the wait is almost over! The news came to us via Destiny’s official Twitter account as can be seen below….

A while back a picture surfaced as was apparently leaked by an Italian retailer. At the time no one was sure if this was an accurate example… until now. The picture in this tweet is exactly the same… featuring the number 2 and the remnants of a futuristic battleground. In the photo, it gave a release date… September 8th. Now, since the pictures are identical… it could be safe to assume this date is accurate.

As you probably know Destiny started off rocky with less than impressive sales… as time went on gamers gave it a shot and in the end. They were hooked. There is now a huge fan base for the game and Destiny 2 promises to be even better.  Destiny 2: Last Call was due out this year anyway and with all the hype being brought to us by the creators, leaves me to believe it could be much sooner. The odds look good to me… how about you?

This tweet is the first official announcement regarding the game what so ever. Platforms for Destiny 2 have yet to be confirmed but… I feel pretty confident PS4, and Xbox One will be at the top of the list… and I’m sure PC capabilities won’t be too far behind.

So… How does the game look? Pretty sure you are all thinking that too….

Marketing for Destiny 2 is now in full swing. All that hype I spoke of earlier includes an awesome teaser trailer. This teaser features Nathan Fillion’s Cayde-6 sitting alone at a bar telling us stories of the many battles he’s endured while the building crumbles around him. It’s the perfect way to get us excited about the game. SOOOO funny! Check out the trailer to see what I mean….

I bet now you’re wondering about gameplay… right?! Well… To be honest, not much has been said yet… But, this is what I have found out so far…

As far as I can tell, the creators have kept it very much the same as in the first addition but with more advanced weapons and abilities along with the mechanics. It seems you have more options within the map, this would mean more missions and larger territories.

We can hope that the single player mode is better this time around. Pretty sure this is one of the first things they improved. Single player mode was not only brief last time around, but it was also very limited. Battles were generic and could only take place on a particular point on the map. This is where Bungie needs to set their focus. I don’t know about you but for me while online gaming is fun. I also love to play a good campaign. I think it helps to become more attached to the story. Destiny 2: Last Call needs a solid to the point story that eliminates any confusion from its first entry. A move that would be much appreciated by fans of the game.

I am hoping that at some point we can play the campaign but maybe with other online players. Of course, this would require a pretty in-depth story line. In the first installment of Destiny, we course through a series of two-dimensional characters in broken up cut scenes that left some of us feeling a bit confused. This time around missions for the campaign and online should be significantly improved.

More space exploration, please! Early into the original Destiny, we are aboard a ship.. one that we must fix and maintain. Upgrading this ship was mainly cosmetic as it had little effect on your gameplay and/or how you approach missions. I would love to see the ship actually play a bigger role. This would open the story up to many more space missions, and you know there would be battle scenes between ships. This would be so cool for online gameplay.

Destiny 2: Last Call is being released three years after the Original. Bungie.. the creators of the game… also released four expansions: The Dark Below, House Of Wolves, The Taken King & Rise Of Iron… between December 2014 & September 2016.

Oh and by the way….

BREAKING NEWS!!! The Official Trailer is set to be released tomorrow… Thursday, March 30th @1:00 pm.

So we will know more very shortly… Yayyyy!! I will certainly be watching on Thursday for that official tailor, so you do the same! Ya’ll comment once you see it and tell me what you think. Did it live up to the hype?

What would you guy’s hope to see from Destiny 2: Last Call? What do you think the game was missing before? And what can they do to improve on that? Your thoughts, please 🙂

Thank you, friends, for stopping by Ky’s Korner today! We shall chat again tomorrow!

To read more from Ky Lynn click here

ky_signature

20 thoughts on “Ky’s Korner #13: Destiny 2- Release Date Finally Announced

1. milescutler says:

The first destiny was a bit of a letdown, tbh. From the trailer, this one looks promising. I might even like it. But it’s wait-and-see for now.

1. zhangisiung says:

Yeah agreed, Lets not get too over hyped. Of course i really hope it will turn out to be better than the first one.

2. The trailer is funny LOL! Cheers for updating us Ky Lynn! I played they first Destiny and I kinda liked it in a different sorta way so this sequel is really something to look forward to!

3. rage87 says:

I haven’t tried to play this game destiny but I heard of this before that its a good game and after watching the trailer, which is a bit funny. lol. I guess that its really a great game with lots of action pack scenes and thrills. Since I haven’t tried the first destiny, I might give this a try to play this destiny 2 game. Thanks for keeping us updated Ky Lynn.

4. Zee says:

I must admit that I had mixed reaction to the first release of Destiny. Its immersive surrounding and well-designed battles just fell flat because of a shallow storyline. I’m crossing my fingers Destiny 2 improves upon the one area where its predecessors lacked: plot.

5. Grecy Garcia says:

I should say this is exciting. I watched the short trailer and I started to like it. To be honest, I don’t play games and I do not know about Destiny Last Call but it keeps my interest up, much more because you introduced it to me and you made a review.

6. So…what do you think of the trailer guys? I think it’s exciting (as most new games are). But I also reckon it’s really a big improvement from the first one. I hope I won’t be disappointed.

7. keviiyu says:

Thanks for the update Ky Lynn! I’m sooo busy at the moment I’m out of touch with gaming news and updates. Just saw the trailer and it’s amazing!

8. Gray Fullbuster says:

Is there a trailer for this? I would love to see it first before making up my choice. Please do not suck.

9. Erza Scarlet says:

I have yet to see this game but as I read the comments one stood out plot issues? Well I just have to watch and see before judging.

10. Rebi says:

Nice trailer I would say. I think it’s a good buy too.

11. cyberwebby says:

Wow this is very exciting. There’s a lot of hype that been surrounding Destiny 2 and I’m ready for it baby! Can’t wait!!

12. marchaching says:

To be honest I’m really hooked by the trailer and also very excited! Can’t wait to try this out, been waiting so long for this to sequel!

13. luffyzorro2012 says:

Is it just me or this guy gives me the Ultron presence? The trailer is too short.

14. Wendy Marvell says:

I am curious to see what happened to that guy to look like that? He strikes me more as Deadpool though.

15. I agree with another comment which said the first Destiny wasn’t that exciting. Will give the sequel a shot tho! Who knows it’ll be better?

16. valine13 says:

This is exciting! Those players must have enjoyed the first Destiny game.

17. Collin says:

Woah looks like a serious game. I wonder what the story is.

18. Becky says:

What a scary game. Anyway I love all your articles, it’s very informative.

19. chibimari1212 says:

Hmm… I have heard that many disappointment review of Destiny 1. But you’re right, this teaser is really funny LMAO. Hope the sequel will be better and can’t wait to watch the gameplay review.