Ky's Korner #11: Call Of Duty-Back to its Roots. Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Media. Entertainment.

Well Hello, Fellow Gamers!

Happy Tuesday!

As you all must know, we are due for another installment of Call Of Duty, and unfortunately, it has to be announced. Rumors are flying, and info has undoubtedly been leaked.

The rumor is that our next Call Of Duty is going to get back to its roots… it’s WWII roots to be exact. While in the midst of my research on the topic I found that in fact, the rumor seems even truer than one might think.

With leaked info and pictures already having surfaced, it’s hard to dismiss the idea to quickly. The gossip first began with a series of posts shared between several Reddit. The images that were shown in the posts appear to be the beginning stages of either advertising posters and/or the cover for this addition, and it is even titled… Call Of Duty: WWII.

The video was posted on TheFamilyVideoGamers channel.  The video was indeed posted on their channel, but it was submitted to the anonymously under the name… “Anon Nymous.” The 14-minute clip can be seen below.

The original photo/poster can be seen here: https://goo.gl/images/S3YcPx

And here is the video posted from TheFamilyVideoGamers Channel on YouTube:

Are you convinced yet?

As you may have noticed from the video if you have watched it already… You will see that the battle scene seems to be taking place on the shore… a seaborne attack much like D’ Day…the breaching of Normandy Beach in Northern France.

Back in February, Activision held a meeting with investors that the next entry in the series “will take you back to its roots.” reasoning that they felt that “Infinite Warfare” underperformed and the futuristic setting didn’t resonate well with fans. Since 2012’s Black Op’s 2 the scene has been set in the future. The first 4 were set in World War II, the last being World At War in 2008.

Call Of Duty usually launches in November and Activision usually, announces the name as well as just enough details to keep us interested in late April or early May. Sledgehammer Games is developing this year’s edition, the last one they made was back in 2014Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare. I think the guy’s over at Sledgehammer are trying to be a little more tight-lipped about it as nothing official has been revealed as of yet, even with all the speculation.

There is a ton of very high-quality artwork being shown through these leaks. To much hard work to go unnoticed forever. Even if what we have seen is just for advertising… It gives us a sneak peek into the art showcased within the game itself. If this really is our “sneak peek” then we are certainly in for a treat.

Some are saying that this repeat is a sign that there is a sense of panic where Activision is concerned. I’m not sure I agree with this. We all know how long a game can be in the works before it hits shelves… this addition was started over two years ago so to me the time lapse just doesn’t add up.

I just think well… they’re smart like that.

They know what has given them the best sales in the past and maybe it’s time to get back to that.

The one thing I have heard recently that I find super interesting is the multi-player aspect. This is a new addition to the series that is bound to make it even more successful and bring it out of its downward slide from the last installment. It’s no secret that the multiplayer aspect of Battlefield 1 WWII most definitely brought that series back to life.

This Tweet from Sledgehammer sent fans into an absolute frenzy.. the gears began creating worry that this edition would also be based in the future. It is not completely the scheme we have seen in the past, but it is very similar. The original Tweet can be seen below…

If this WWII version is for sure the next version of Call Of Duty, we should find out very soon. Activision has been more open reacting to recent leaks lately. I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if we hear some more confirmation within the next two weeks or so. I think it may be safe to assume that we may see an official trailer sometime within those two weeks as well.

Do you have any thoughts on this? Should we be taking Call Of Duty back to where it all began or should we take it in a whole new direction? Was this a smart move for the creators… In your opinion? As I said before sometimes you just can’t beat the original, and it’s smart to stick with what works but… Will fans get tired of this story… is it one that had been told too many times? Let me know your thoughts…

Thanks for stopping by Ky’s Korner! Later Alligator!

To read more from Ky Lynn click here

ky_signature

32 thoughts on “Ky’s Korner #11: Call Of Duty-Back to its Roots

1. Marc Paolo says:

There’s a wide variety of games right now, the creators should really take COD to the next level and be as competitive. Most gamers look for something that’ll give adrenaline rushes. I’m really looking forward to this! Can’t wait!

2. Morgan says:

I just love leaked images from games! I especially enjoy it more when the released games look and play better than the leaks! It doesn’t matter if the leaks were just for hype. It at least got my attention on something that I might be interested in…

1. Ky Lynn says:

Yup! Exactly!!

3. Grecy Garcia says:

So this game has loads of adrenaline rush. I haven’t tried playing games. I think Call of Duty games are only for boys, I never thought we have someone who is a beautiful lady reviewing this kind of game. Yes, I heard that the Battlefield is bring the series back to life and everyone is waiting for this.

1. Ky Lynn says:

Haha.. thank you! You are so beautiful yourself. I totally believe you can be a beautiful woman and still play army/battle games! In fact there’s nothing more beautiful than a strong and confident woman. 😉

4. Danny Luei says:

So, that means we are not getting an Advanced Warfare sequel them. Back to their roots…Call Of Duty: WWII. Not too bad, I quite liked it and happy to hear this. Thanks for sharing this…

5. Piotr says:

Where there’s smoke, there’s fire! Happy that they’re going back to where they started. The WW2 setting was so much engaging and has more strategies.

1. Ky Lynn says:

Totally Agree!

6. Sangeeta says:

I must have been living under a rock because I haven’t noticed these leaks! Well thank you Ky Lynn for the update.

1. Ky Lynn says:

Awww you are so very welcome friend!

7. Lisa Nataliany says:

They’re not doing another Advanced Warfare by returning to its origins… CoD:WWII. Let’s see where and how this goes…

8. Miaka Yuuki says:

I am not sure what to feel about this. I have never played COD ever that is why. On the bright side this got my attention to be honest.

9. Mico Robin says:

You can only push these types of games so much before they go stale. Look at counter Strike!!! Overall the struggles on how to innovate is greater than any genre there is no story to start with just a premise.

10. Rebi says:

Thanks for this update. Seeing leaked images that something good for a game is about to happen is definitely exciting!

11. Dark Vader says:

I like COD a lot thanks for this info!

12. Hari Priya says:

COD has always been one of my favourite games of all the time and I stopped playing a year back due to my job and diversion of other things. This has brought me back to the game and it is awesome. I am really looking forward to playing it again along with my best friend and my brother.

13. Antony says:

COD back to its root, eh? guess we won’t be able to use futuristic weapon this time around.

14. Neilsen says:

Watching this preview takes me back to the good ol’ Counter Strike era. That was the game that inspired me to buy my very first PC. I was more of a console platform gamer until it came out. Just look at where this genre is now! Dang! I feel old!

1. Ky Lynn says:

Haha! Me too! lol

15. Lemarr says:

Right you are, Neilsen! So much Counter Strike feels. It felt good that they’re going back to this environment, because this is how we got addicted to COD in the first place!

16. Bret says:

This is great news! I was really wondering if they were ever gonna go back to the WWII setup…and it came true! It was just a matter of time and I think die-hard fans of COD have been harping about this for years.

17. Kurt Wagner says:

As for me this is just a normal thing. I mean hoe much can you go with shooter games? I respect COD but it is not for me.

18. Kitty Pryde says:

I never played COD. Though I Am aware of its evolution over the years. Going retro is not such a bad idea.

19. Oswald says:

I haven’t played any of the games from the COD series. Is it a series? But this preview looks pretty darn good! What was the first one that came out? Gotta find and try that one first!

20. Leila says:

I’ve been reading about these “rumors” too and I’m glad you’re writing about it. I’m with you Ky Lynn, this is going to be an awesome chapter of COD. I mean, most of us loved the first few versions of COD and I bet this one will be almost similar because of its WWII theme but so much better.

21. Saleh says:

Aside from giving in to die-hard COD gamers, I think this is also a business decision. The company wants to retain their core followers and at the same time invite new ones who are into this genre.

22. Erza Scarlet says:

For all we know this could be just a rumor and nothing else. I would rather wait for tge official announcement.

23. Gray Fullbuster says:

I have never been one keen on shooting games. This news excites me but not much at the first place. COD is not my cup of tea.

24. Phineas says:

The root of COD is CounterStrike! At least, that is my opinion. Just a conspiracy theory though, what if was actually just fabricated to create hype for this game? For me, who cares?! I will still check it out!

25. Banh Phing Fing says:

“Personally, I think, as they said before, they knew Infinite Warfare wasn’t as successful as they had hoped and sometimes its right to go back to what the audience wants, what we react best too… and sometimes that’s back to the original.” What I think that, original is the best. It is unique and the first one loved by players.

26. Vangie says:

I love all games on WWII and it’s also because of COD. I am very excited about this new release. I hope it’s so much better than current WWII games. Thanks!