Ky's Korner Blog #10: Tracking Prey... Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Media. Entertainment.

Hello, my fellow gamers!

First question… Do you like scary games?

Well, I do… and by that I mean I absolutely love them! Don’t ask me why but… I love the feeling of waiting for the next jump scare and sitting on the edge of my seat having no clue what will happen next. It’s almost like facing your fears without actually… facing your fears.. lol. We all get that “bring it on” attitude when were in game mode, so it’s a perfect fit for me.

I have actually been waiting for the release of Prey for some time now. The last creepy game I so eagerly waited for was Until Dawn

MAN, I love that game!

Seriously, if you haven’t played it… and you like scary games… make sure it’s next on your list!

However… I have no doubt I will like Prey equally as much. Prey brings us a new age sort of horror game… With options that give you the chance to change the course of the game from deciding how much of your own humanity you are willing to sacrifice to become stronger to how you treat the other survivors.

Keep in mind these choices can have some very scary consequences, and they are not based on “good” or “bad” but based on your natural…very human characteristics. You also have the choice of making the main character male or female.

It’s awesome to be able to customize your gaming experience so much… Don’t you think?

The due date for this mind altering game is May 5th, 2017. Soooo… I won’t have to wait for much longer… Yayyy!! So glad this one has finally made it mainstream and is ready to hit our consoles… Finally.

It’s a first person shooter, Sci-Fi story developed by Arkane Studios and published Bethesda Softworks. Arkane’s Prey is giving the original classic from 2006, designed by Human Head Studios, a whole new image. The game is compatible with Microsoft Windows, Xbox One & PlayStation 4.

Our main character is Morgan Yu, a scientist studying alien life forms known as “Typhon” while living aboard the Talos I. His/her research into the “Typhons” lead Yu to another discovery… the discovery of “neuromods.” These “neuromods” are able to transfer alien power to humans. This could be extremely helpful but…The creepy thing is… the “neuromods” are transferred through the eyes… yeah that’s gotta be rough, even to watch. As demonstrated in one of the trailers below.

Players are able to use a wide variety of weapons to fight off the aliens while exploring the Talos and… missions unlock keys and other specific items that unlock the ship a section at a time. Prey is set in the year 2032.

In this universe, John F. Kennedy was never assassinated, and The Kennedy Space Center went on to thrive during its 69 years of space exploration. Kennedy’s space centers still orbit in space circling the Earth’s moon. While aboard this station Morgan Yu finds purpose in his/her work.

Arkane shared more about Prey with Game Informer. According to this conversation, it seems that Prey is a pretty dark game as you would probably assume, considering what you have read thus far. The Space Station is quickly cleared out except for a whole lot of furious aliens…  the “Typhons.” They are able to camouflage themselves, taking on the exact appearance of everyday objects. Obviously, the objective here will be to survive but, returning to Earth may end up to be a very high priority as well.

As I mentioned before surviving is key but so is the need to keep evolving. Players must focus on the fact that they are aboard a ship that was not meant for battle, especially not a battle such as this. Weapons are more than scarce, and you will be forced to use some very unique objects, resulting in some very crude alien or human death scenes.

Also, as I mentioned before… taking on alien powers is a definite possibility. This is how the evolving takes place. Upgrading your powers is essential. To do this, you must find those “neuromods” so you can learn how to use the Typhons abilities. Devices containing the “neaurmods” are scattered within the ship, and these are the devices that require the injection through the eyes…

Now with this being a first person view sort of game, this could be a very disturbing experience…game or no game..it will be uncomfortable to watch.

On certain missions, you are forced to explore outside the craft in a space suit using thrusters to make your way around, always monitoring your oxygen levels. Not too much more has been said of the “outdoor” gameplay.

Occasionally you will run into human survivors, though they are rare. They can either be killed by the aliens, or by you but…  how it happens can actually alter your existence. Though their survival isn’t essential to your game, it will just keep moving forward.

I don’t know about you but, I will be counting down the days till I can play Prey. This game is right up my alley. I have put together a couple trailers so you can decide if it’s right up yours too…lol.

June 2016:

Official trailer for Prey 2017:

I hope you have enjoyed this article and… I hope it has opened your eyes to a game you may not have known to look out for. It’s a vast improvement from the last installment so be prepared to be amazed!

I know I’ll be playing for sure!!

Thanks for stopping by Ky’s Korner… Tata, for now, friends!

To read more from Ky Lynn click here

ky_signature

36 thoughts on “Ky’s Korner Blog #10: Tracking Prey…

1. Sasha says:

So cool! Love the backstory too. I love horror + sci-fi games myself and this got me giddy, Ky Lynn! The graphics are amazing!

1. Ky Lynn says:

Ikr!! Me too!! Love it so much!

2. Andreas says:

Wow thanks for the update! You guys are really on top of things when it comes to gaming. This is the first time I’ve read about Prey’s release. So cool, can’t wait!

1. Ky Lynn says:

Awesome! And thanks so much… You know where to go for the latest gaming info!

3. Miaka Yuuki says:

I read and article where the creators says ” This is not a reboot but a totally new game. I never played it though.

4. Mico Robin says:

Its a shame that they had to drop the establish franchise to start all over again, This game has a lot going on behind the scenes does it not?

1. Ky Lynn says:

Oh it does for sure.. you are correct. It is sad but.. the game looks awesome and when it comes out no one will be worrying about all that.

5. Kitz says:

I will probably try Until Dawn. Scary games are nice cos it’s thrilling! Thanks for sharing this information.

6. Rebi says:

Nice trailer. I love games like this it’s really exciting!

7. Killa says:

First time hearing the game and looks interesting to me.

8. kaka135 says:

To answer your first question, I don’t like scary games at all. I still remember the first time I played Residential Evil many years ago, I got frightened by the zombies. Well, I am just not that brave. By reading this, it does sound like an interesting game to play. Glad that you don’t need to wait for too long to play it. Hope you will enjoy playing it soon!

9. Lisa Nataliany says:

I don’t really like horror games … but I’ll try to play the game, when it has gained a lot of positive response from people who have played the game. So actually I am open to all kinds of games.

10. Danny Luei says:

I’ve played this game “Resident Evil”. My first horror game when I was in junior high school. Actually, it’s not scary to play a game like this. It’s just because of the sound effects are made so often makes people shocked / surprised because certain moments. It was deliberately made that way, in order to look scary … lol.

11. Sara Grant says:

**hyped!** Really excited about this! But I just noticed that the game’s compatibility are just for a few console. Will this not be available on mobile? I really hope it will.

12. grace says:

the story on how the game will be played based on survival and the giving-up-the-humanity part is good for a horror game. but in my opinion i just don’t like the first person view part ’cause the game is already scary enough, how much more do you expect on the first person view plus jump-scare scenes while playing.

13. Morgan says:

Do I love scary games? I think I enjoy scary games more that scary movies. They are more intense and pretty much more than just jump scares because I have a some sort of say on how a story unfolds. Silent Hill!!!

14. Mandy Chu says:

Wow! Looking forward to this. I wonder where Arkane Studios got the inspiration to create this one? Unique concept esp.the characters and names like “Typhons”, “neuromods” and “Talos”. Anyway, can’t wait! 😉

15. Grecy Garcia says:

I love it but not the prey and they are transparent. I will feel weak playing this one but to the exception that it looks like a sci fi movie, I can consider. I am now interested to know more. Thanks for the review.

Just reading about this makes me excited! It does sound like a fun game. But I’ll probably have to play it in the morning because it sounds scary.

17. Ravi says:

I scream like mad when I play horror and survival games just like when I watch a movie LOL! And based on the trailer, this is another scream-worthy game that I will add to my list!

18. Marthe says:

I play this type of game every now and then, I mean, I’m not so into horror or sci-fi games. I dunno, it’s just me. I’ll probably try this after I’ve gone through all the new releases this year.

19. Alex Summers says:

I share the dislike for hororr games but this is one of the exceptions. Yes I will be getting this game sure it has horror elements but the super power element balances that out.

20. Alex Summers says:

I get what you mean bro. Just like in anime I hate the horror type with a passion, However if you incorporate shonem elements on it then it becomes entirely different.

21. Dark Vader says:

I like survival and horror games, The only thing that scares me is probably the sound effects that come from it. Ohh…

22. Antony says:

Injection through eyes..ugh that’s disturbing. But if that’s needed to survive and fight the aliens I guess there’s no other choice.

23. Neilsen says:

The eye-color-changing-thingie reminded me of that alien movie that was set in South Africa. Ah! District 9! And if the character is to turn into something other than human, then the cycle is complete. Looks like it is worth the try though!

24. Rachel says:

Scary! But the trailer is sooo good! It’s like a movie. I am hooked!

25. Aditya says:

I like this game because it is very intense. The adrenaline makes you think and decide your next move in a split second. Big fan of horror/sci-fi/survival games.

26. Kitty Pryde says:

I am curious how the new hero will fair. I understand that there was drama behind the scenes. I hope it is done now.

27. Kurt Wagner says:

I thing Bathesda will start amew with this franchise. I wonder if the new game has a different team than the past one.

28. Oswald says:

Scary games are best played with a small group of friends out in a cabin in the woods on a large screen and surround speakers. Kerosene lamps, a fireplace, or candles would be the best light sources in such an event. I miss scaring my friends!

29. Darvish says:

Yay! Another sci-fi horror game added to my list! Thank you for always updating us Ky Lynn! Mwah!

30. Chuck says:

Can’t wait for May 5th! The preview is really good and I am very excited to play this game!

31. Phineas says:

That intro made me curious. Seems like a Resident Evil virus combo with Alien storyline of sorts… Aren’t there any cut-scenes from this game to view?

32. Luis says:

Aaaaack! The suspense is killing me hahaha! But I might give this a try. Thanks for updating us Ky!

33. Katy says:

You know what, they should make a movie out of this game. I love the story! And I can already imagine all possible outcomes. Just my two cents’ worth.