Ky's Korner #6: Uncharted Without Nathan Drake?? Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Media. Entertainment.

Hey Ya’ll!

Well, I’ve just read that Nathan Drake will not be returning in the latest installment of Uncharted: The Lost Legacy. When I read this, I was like…

SAY WHAT!!??

It can’t be true!!??

Well, folks.. sadly, it is… Not sure how to feel about all this…

Yes, I admit… by the end of Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End, I would definitely say it looked as if Nathan was headed for retirement. If you’ve played it, you know what I mean. Still… I’m torn. I mean, I get it…it does make sense. His story did seem to be coming to an end in the last chapter and it would be hard to pick it back up again… But, at the same time..in my opinionNathan makes the story.

After all, it all began with his story.

Writer for the series Josh Scherr said..”The writing team entertained a few possible ideas including Nate as a secondary character… But everything we did felt superficial because we tied it all up with Uncharted 4.” And this is true. I guess we just have to be willing to open our hearts to a new version of Uncharted. One focusing on two very strong female leads. Both of them having a sketchy past with Nate, I see him at least coming up in conversation and I wouldn’t be surprised if he made a cameo or two.

Chloe Frazer & Nadine Ross both take over as lead characters. An unlikely pairing to say the least. I’m sure this makes for some very interesting content. And… like I’ve said before… I love a strong female character and in this… I get two. I really do feel the need to give them a fair shot. Chloe has been a fan favorite for quite a while now and it would be nice to see her take on a more active role this time around.

(But, you know how it is.. you get used to a character and it becomes difficult for them to be replaced. I’ll admit It, I get attached.. lol.)

The Lost Legacy takes place roughly 6-12 months after Uncharted 4. It picks back up with Chloe and her search for The Tusk Of Ganesh, an ancients Indian artifact.  Along the way, she runs into Nadine Ross, a fellow treasure hunter. She was brought back after being defeated by Nathan in Uncharted 4. Nadine & Chloe are forced to team up to recover the ancient artifact before it ends up in the hands of a ruthless war profiteer. Eventually, the two learn to compromise but, from the very beginning their teamwork is challenged.. as they are reluctant to pair up at all. As they venture through the beauty if India they begin to unlock the secrets of the ancient artifact and together they stay one step ahead.

These two characters could not be more different. I actually love that.. it makes for great storytelling. Chloe is a dark character, darker than both Nathan and Nadine, morally speaking. She always looks out for #1. Nadine is much more rational, always taking the high road, or the most practical route possible. Most likely the route that everyone can benefit from. Pretty different from how she was portrayed in the past.

Eventually, the two grow into their roles and except that they do in fact need one another. Nadine does everything by the book and keeps Chloe grounded and Chloe is spontaneous and keeps Nadine on her toes. Chloe is the head of this operation though being in charge isn’t her strong suit and as for Nadine, letting Chloe take charge just isn’t her style. They are both learning and growing as they go.

The basis of the story is detailed and extremely well thought out, as usual. Naughty Dog, the makers of the series have yet to let us down. Every Uncharted so far has been action packed and seriously intense. I’m sure this addition will be no different. The Lost Legacy tells a deep story from the most exotic of places so far. Topping previous setting had to be difficult to do. Uncharted has always taken us on journeys to unimaginable places. Places most of us could only dream about. Personally, this is what appeals to me most about the series.

I for one, am hoping even with the absence of Nate, the story will continue to be just as successful. I mean…The Uncharted series is awesome without a doubt… And let’s face it, we’re all waiting to see how this part of the story pans out.

How do you feel about Nathan Drake not being a part of Uncharted: The Lost Legacy? Will you miss him? Do you think the series will carry on just the same? Are you still a die-hard Uncharted fan? Does this sway your opinion of the series? Let me know your thoughts, you’ve heard all mine… lol.

As always…

Thanks so much for stopping by Ky’s Korner!

Bye for now, friends…

DISCLAIMER: THE VIEWS AND OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THIS POST ARE SOLELY THOSE OF THE AUTHOR. THESE VIEWS AND OPINIONS DO NOT NECESSARILY REPRESENT THOSE OF SALJACK ENTERPRISES, IT’S STAFF, AND/OR ANY/ALL CONTRIBUTORS TO THE SALJACK ENTERPRISES WEBSITES. SALJACK ENTERPRISES MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION REGARDING, DOES NOT ENDORSE, IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH AND IS NOT IN ANY WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE LINKED WEBSITES OR ANY CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON IT. IF YOU DECIDE TO VISIT ANY LINKED WEBSITE, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK AND IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO REVIEW THE TERMS OF USE OF THE RELEVANT LINKED WEBSITE.

ky_signature

28 thoughts on “Ky’s Korner #6: Uncharted Without Nathan Drake??

1. DeMarcus says:

Unthinkable! But I am not totally surprised. I sorta seen it coming though. I’ve read in some forums about this possibility and I was shocked then. But now it’s official, I can say that I’ve come to accept it.

2. Cornell says:

Sad 😦 I agree with the writers. Uncharted has to take a new direction and the only way to do that is to have a new lead character (or two). We’ll see how this will fare.

3. Herb says:

For realz? I’m shook. I saw it coming but I still can’t believe it. Chloe and Nadine are great characters but it will be boring without Nathan.

4. Peter Parker says:

No doubt it will still have a following however it will not be as accepted compared to Nate is there. I mean it is like death note without LIGHT YAGAMI. It will still bloosom sure but its not the same because LIGHT YAGAMI was vital to its lore.

5. Tony Stark says:

I hear you Pete. I know it is a business decision and it can break or make a legacy. Speaking of that a good example would be Marvel’s initiative for a female Ironman. That receive a lot of fan complains that they decided to have her as a completely new entity as Iron Maiden. For one there can only be one Ironman and that is me lol.

6. Paul says:

Ky is right. Nathan Drake made Uncharted what it is now. He was the hero of the story. It’s sad, we all will miss him but life goes on…

7. Antony says:

Well all good things must end someday. But I think we should give a chance to the new heroine duo to shine.

8. Dark Vader says:

For a reason I guess, must be a little sad but guess we have no choice.

9. Rebi says:

It’s really hard to get so attached with the character and suddenly has to go.

10. Keith says:

That’s kinda depressing. Like the time when Mockingbird was taken out of SHIELD… Or when they messed up Gambit and Deadpool’s character in X-Men Origins: Wolverine… Or when Han Solo died in Star Wars: The Force Awakens… Why do these things have to happen?!!!

1. Ky Lynn says:

Hahaha! I know right!! lol

11. Grecy Garcia says:

I have to agree to your point. If I get used to seeing that character and when that character is about to get its end in the story, I can’t moved on. This is because sometimes they are the reason why I am watching the show and sometimes I can really relate to the story because of them. If I like them, they must be good actors.

12. Hai Ke Kiang says:

“I guess we just have to be willing to open our hearts to a new version of Uncharted.” What I think that, acceptance is key. Everything changes for many reasons. I think, producers want to make more money that’s why they took out Nathan Drake.

13. Maureen says:

New leads to refresh the title. And capture more audience. I’m actually pretty excited with Chloe and Nadine on the lead.

14. Wendy Marvell says:

Not to start a flame here but change is not always a good thing. Yes I get that changes are unavoidable but come on Nathan Drake literally made the game what it is.

15. Kazuki Kazama says:

at this point the verdict is still out. Whether or not this reboot will do good or flop who knows, As for me I enjoy playing a good game.

16. Killa says:

Happens for a reason I guess. Have to move on as long as enjoying your play is what’s important,

17. Bryson says:

Oh no!!! Just goes to show that there’s nothing constant in this world but change. I will miss Nathan Drake. He was my favorite character in Uncharted.

18. Danny Luei says:

I’m happy to hear this. I know what I’d like to see in Uncharted 5.. A new version of Uncharted. Let’s accept it…Chloe and Nadine.

19. Lisa Nataliany says:

Hmmm.. sad, but we should give a chance to Chloe and Nadine. As for the Lost Legacy, I’m ok with Chloe, but I loathed Nadine. And maybe first it will be boring without Nathan, after that just enjoy it..

20. Yusuf Al-Wasabi says:

This is a let down. I love Nathan Drake and I can’t imagine Uncharted without him! Excuse me while I cry in the corner…

21. Ma. Jennipher Aiza Libongcogon says:

I am excited about this new chapter for Uncharted. It’s time the girls take the lead.

22. Erza Scarlet says:

A point was raise about making more money? WEll it is yet to be seen at this point and if you are talking about money. Nathan Drake has been doing that for years so I do not see your point.

23. Gray Fullbuster says:

I understand the passing of the torch thing. However, how they did it was my gripe. I mean last time I check Drake is not old or sick or even dying so, how will the heroine take over without looking like an asspull?

24. Alex Summers says:

I always say respect your roots. Nathan Drake pretty much made uncharted. I am not against about new generation but I do not like that he will just get replaced on a whim.

25. Scott Summers says:

I am willing to give this a chance provided if it is real. The verdict is yet too early let us see what this girls can do.

26. Eliza says:

Whatever the reason, it’s happening guys. We just have to accept the fact that Nathan Drake is history.

27. Coco says:

Really? How come I didn’t see this coming? Seems hard to imagine Uncharted without the guy.