Have You Played All These Genres In Video Games? Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Media & Entertainment.

Based on the criteria and categories the video games have numerous classified and established genres. Video games these days are considerably fueled with greater processing power, better graphics, and overall technological jumps. The 2D images on arcade screens have turned into 3D images on HD screens. They have expanded from being a single player affair on a little screen to being a huge multiplayer activity. You may definitely see many similarities between the two video games of different genres, but what makes it distinct from one another is simply the way it is played and how the gamer deals with the game to play it.

Take a glance at different categories of video games and choose the one you like:

Racing: This genre is an important pioneering factor of the video gaming industry since many early games were part of this. In this game, the player is put in the driving seat of a supercar and the one way to be successful is by winning the race.

Action: It is named as both the most popular and basic form of the video games. Usually, action gaming genre demands players to use their reflexes abilities and timing to involve in the play. One of the popular sub-genres of this genre is the First Person Shooters (FPS). Many renowned and successful video games have entered the video game market under this genre. The players are involved in a rapid paced and quick thinking gaming experience that gives a feeling of actually being present in that situation.

Action Adventure: The term implies very clearly that action adventure games involve gameplay, which makes use of characteristics that are common with both the action and the adventure genre.

Role Playing Games (RPGs): The origins of RPGs have made quite a mileage from the starting in the video gaming industry with many shining titles like Grand Theft Auto. It encourages the player to step into the shoes of their character and outreach its role.

Strategy: This genre aims to bring out a player’s planning and thinking skills. These games trace their origins from the original board games. They sharpen your skills.

Real-time Strategy (RTS): It is the combination of the above two genres. RTS games deal with games where the action is in a constant mode while the actions and decisions made by the player make an impact then and there.

Vehicle Simulation Games: As the title suggests, vehicle simulation games enable the player to engage in play, which involves the use and control of a vehicle. They are somewhat like racing games.

Construction and Management Simulation: In this genre, the player is given the ability to expand, build, and manage fictional communities or projects with limited resources.

Are there any we missed? Which is your favorite video game genre? Tell us in the comments section or tweet us @essjay_ent!

SJE_Third_Party_Signature

25 thoughts on “Have You Played All These Genres in Video Games?

1. Maury Cheskes says:

What about Arcade and brain stimulation games? I think they still deserve a category of their own.

2. Horace says:

Yep! Definitely played them all… RPGs do have sub-genres I think. ARPGs or Action RPGs like The Legend of Zelda series, Alundra, and Brave Fencer Musashi. Turn-based RPGS like the Final Fantasy series. And then there’s this series from NAMCO… Tales of ___ series. Not sure what RPG sub-genre it belongs to.

It’s so hard for me to differentiate the genres since they may overlap but I think I’ve played all types. How about fighting games? Or is that under another type?

4. Khicko says:

No I haven’t. Just racing and RPG for me. I find other genres boring.

5. Cody says:

Action/survival/suspense games I like the most. It gives me an adrenaline rush! I tried almost all the genres here but I rarely play them.

6. Dax says:

I mostly play RPGs like Final Fantasy and World of Warcraft. I also like FPS games like Counter-Strike and Overwatch.

7. Grecy Garcia says:

I played racing. This is the type that I enjoyed doing. Now I learned the meaning of RPG or role playing game. My brother loves to play RTS from the meaning and I love watching him win this. I know in every game you need to apply strategy.

8. Logan says:

I am open to play any genre . The only exception would be horror games and dress up games for girls.

9. Ororo says:

This question is tricky for I will play any game as long as I like it. Name it arcade, shooters, even sims yes I have played those at least ones. If there are games that are exceptions that would be on gender centric games such as dressing up which are obviusly made for women.

10. Rebi says:

Arcade, RPG, and racing is mostly genres I’m playing in video games or even online. I wonder what RTS games are popular.

11. Killa says:

Is Harvest moon more of like Construction and Management Simulation? Most probably since there isn’t much of an action there.

12. rage87 says:

I’ve played all of these game genre but I like action games and role playing games. Grand Theft Auto is one of my favorite games to play when I was still in my college days. I also love horror kind of games such as the very popular Resident Evil game.

13. Jamby says:

Though I played all these type of games but what I like most is the strategy kind of game. I guess Defense of the Ancients (DOTA) is one of those strategy games I love to play together with my friends. It has a lot of characters to choose from and to win the battle, you must carefully determine how to combat your opponents and looking at their weaknesses.

14. Kristin Mosh says:

I think ive played all of those genres. Id have to say the racing games are my favoite. I love the challenge of playing against a friend.

15. Danielle Dickinson says:

How about the word games? Like pictionary or puzzles? Which category would they fall?

16. Katie Rowan says:

I’ve played all these genres. Strategy would probably be my cup of tea. Coz back in those days when online games are not yet a trend, I was addicted to board games. LOL

17. Antony says:

RPG and Action are two genres that i like the most. Followed by Strategy in close second.

18. Jonathan says:

That is a very good question! My question, on the other had though: what platform? Console? PC? Handheld? Mobile? VR? Arcade machines? I have played RTS and RPGs on consoles and PCs because huge screens really bring out so much more from them. Action and action Adventures on consoles, handhelds, and mobiles. Racing and simulation games on Arcade machines and VR. I just think that the genres of games can be enjoyed better on certain platforms compared to others.

19. Jonas says:

I love racing games! It’s a no-brainer because I love cars IRL too!

20. Olga says:

Strategy games are the best! It makes you think and it’s the most exciting of all the genre. I say so because your survival depends on your skills and decision-making. Right?

21. Mhon says:

What is DOTA2 and World of Warcraft? Strategy? RPG? That’s the only games I played in the internet cafe.

22. Charly-Mar says:

Racing is the only type of game that I enjoy. It’s fun, there’s adrenaline rush and you don’t need to think a lot. You just need to have good reflexes. The other genres do not appeal to me.

23. Wendy Marvell says:

Depends on the game theme. I for one has never been a fan of horror so I guess I will leave those out.

24. Kazuki Kazama says:

How about card games where do you classify those? I have Ygioh games at home you see.

25. Keith says:

I’ve played all of these genres. But I follow the racing genre the most. Not those karting games where one can shoot stuff at other racers. My preference is geared more towards those simulation types. Even specced up my PC and purchased all those steering wheel controllers, pedals, vibrating chairs, and stuff… everything that would make the racing simulation feel as real as it can possible be. But it looks like I’m gonna go VR on this genre soon!