Ky's Korner #3: Games That Changed My Life. Presented by Saljack Enterprises. Gaming. Media. Entertainment.

Hey, Friends!

Have you ever played a game that you felt absolutely changed your life?

Crazy to think a game could have such an impact on us. But, it can. I remember playing Sonic with one of best friends for an entire summer until we beat them all. It was a full-fledged Sonic marathon. I played Pool Masters with my brother like it was going out of style. This is where it all started for me.

Then I moved onto Killer Instinct schooling all the guys I knew. I lived for the look of shock their faces as they learned a girl was better than them.  In fact, it became a challenge to beat me. Saberwulf was my man…or wolf. Either way, he never let me down, together we were unbeatable.

I am looking to master the new one too and soon. But, beyond the early years my taste in gaming became more mature and so did my need for a challenge.

It’s a good thing we live in this fast paced world built around technology because the games naturally became bigger, better, and more in depth. I found role playing games and fell in love.

One day a friend of mine, the same friend that was addicted to Sonic right along with me, asked me if I had played “Red Dead Redemption.” I took one look at the cover and was like… “No, not really into western style games but if you hear it’s good, I’ll try it.” I popped that game in without expecting much and to my surprise it was amazing. I was totally in outlaw mode and from the first second, I was hooked.

I played that game every chance I got, determined to find out what was going to happen to John Marston. I loved that character and so wanted to see him succeed. By the end of it, and I won’t spoil it for those who have not played it yet but, by the end, I was devastated. Cried for the rest of the night.

The new one is coming out soon and I HAVE to play it! I have high expectations for this game and I know they won’t let me down. If the story of John Marston is to continue, not as a zombie, and most of you understand what I mean, then the game has to be so amazing it’s worth playing without him.

Sadly, I still miss him..lol.

Who knew you could become so attached to a character and their story, so much that you found yourself mourning the loss of the game once it was over.

Do you ever feel sad at the end of a game?

I think sometimes it’s hard to say goodbye to all the time, hard work and dedication that can go into beating a game. Not to mention you really do get attached to its characters. At some point, you really do feel as if you know them.

I feel accomplished when I beat a game but it’s still sad to see it go. But,  I’m definitely the type of gamer that has to beat the game. I want a game that either blows stuff up or tells me a story. If it can keep my attention I’ll be hooked till the very end.

The Last of us… I played this game in pure awe. Awesome story, kick butt graphics, and deep characters. A recipe for perfection. This game had me feeling like, bring it on! I suddenly went into protective mode thinking of how I would protect my own family in these types of circumstances.

Again, I don’t want to ruin the game for those who have not had the chance to play it. So without saying too much, let me say, this one changed my life too. Gaming for me was set to a whole new standard right then and there. If you have not played it, you are missing out.

Bio-Shock, another one that blew my mind, and the series just keeps getting better. Freaky games are my thing! So Bio-Shock and I were meant to be!

Do you have games that you feel changed your life? Maybe changed your gaming style or interests. I know you do! We all have games that made the gamer light bulb go off in our heads. So what are some of yours and why? Which ones brought out the true gamer in you? Comment and let the world know!

Thanks for stopping by Ky’s Korner…stop by again soon!

DISCLAIMER: THE VIEWS AND OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THIS POST ARE SOLELY THOSE OF THE AUTHOR. THESE VIEWS AND OPINIONS DO NOT NECESSARILY REPRESENT THOSE OF SALJACK ENTERPRISES, IT’S STAFF, AND/OR ANY/ALL CONTRIBUTORS TO THE SALJACK ENTERPRISES WEBSITES. SALJACK ENTERPRISES MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION REGARDING, DOES NOT ENDORSE, IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH AND IS NOT IN ANY WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE LINKED WEBSITES OR ANY CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON IT. IF YOU DECIDE TO VISIT ANY LINKED WEBSITE, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK AND IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO REVIEW THE TERMS OF USE OF THE RELEVANT LINKED WEBSITE.

ky_signature

29 thoughts on “Ky’s Korner #3: Games That Changed My Life

1. Dark Vader says:

I dont know any of the games except Sonic. Yeah, I love that do, played 2d and even 3d before.

2. Rebi says:

Legend of Zelda for me. It’s my all time favorite. Played more than one version of it and it was really challenging!

3. Rye says:

Ky Lyn definitely has great taste in video games. I love her choices: Sonic the Hedgehog, The Last of Us, Red Dead Redemption.

1. Ky Lynn says:

Awww thanks Rye!! Great minds think alike!

4. Kristin Mosh says:

Isnt it funny how a character or a game can become an extension of you. You put all of your heart and efforts into building this character.. it becomes you. Its like reading a book. You get so into the characters that its like you know them. Then when the book is over you feel a little sad, and lost. LOVE gaming, but it is sad to say goodbye to the characters.

5. sonny says:

My first online game was Battle realms. From then on I tried other games but miraculously stuck at plants vs zombies 2. i played with my cousins using game consoles when we were younger.

6. jachin says:

i liked starcraft, then warcraft then the history goes on and on. I think those were the two games that hooked me as a gamer.

7. Antony says:

Tomba 2 in playstation is the game that is most nostalgic to me. I still remember playing it back then during rainy season when I can’t go outside the house to play. Ahh the memories.

8. Rochelle says:

When i was just 6 I got my first nintendo. That game console totally started my mad passion for playing games. I started out with just the normal mario brothers. I was 8 I could beat them all, I played with my friends, and my siblings, and anyone that would pull up a chair beside me to play.

1. Ky Lynn says:

Ahhh yes! Mario… another classic for sure!

I do have some favorite games although I wouldn’t really say they changed my life. One of them is Tekken 3 which I played everyday years ago and made my days more fun. I’ve played other games after that but it’s still one on the top of my list.

10. Zhong Shen Lu says:

“I lived for the look of shock their faces as they learned a girl was better than them.” What I think that, there should be equality in games. Females also very good at gaming.

1. Ky Lynn says:

Yes! Thank you! Equality is a must! WE can ALL be great gamers… Thank you for your comment friend!

11. Isnilon Tapilon says:

Atari changed my life because I got so addicted to it. That’s when my love for video games started. And everything about technology.

12. Gray Fullbuster says:

While I do not have a specific game in mind. It does not mean that games did not change my life. I am now part of an anme guild so yes gaming gave me friends and I am thankful for that.

13. Erza Scarlet says:

I remember how much I got into the Samurai Showdown Saga. That game helped me a lot for when I was depressed that game brought me back. Yes if there is one life changing game for me that will be it.

1. Ky Lynn says:

So glad to hear that Samurai Showdown helped get you through! We all have dark times in our lives and games def do have a way us making us just feel better sometimes.. I totally get that!

14. Mansoor says:

Street Fighter! I play it a lot after school. I go to the arcades two blocks away and spend like 3 hours til dinner time then I go home. Guys can’t believe I can defeat them all with Chun Li.

1. Ky Lynn says:

Omg!! I used to play that all the time too… darn it! Should have listed that one in the blog! And heck yeah! game it up gamer girl!

15. Draymond says:

Who hasn’t played Super Mario Bros? I believe everybody has. All the kids in our neighbourhood played it. My childhood wouldn’t be complete without it.

16. Allison Blaire says:

speaking of Mario? Have you guys watch the movie? Unfortunately I have . It was not a good experience to say the least.

17. victor says:

I miss the coin type machines. We do not see those anymore. It is a shame that today’s generation will not experience those times. Sorry guys just going through memory lane ha ha.

18. Horace says:

Killer Instinct! I miss that game! SNES version?… Games that changed my life eh? Hmmm… Konami World 2 and Super Mario Brothers 3 on NES, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past and Dragonball Z 2 on the SNES, GI Joe and The Simpsons on arcade machines, Street fighter Zero, Street Fighter EX, and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night on the original PS, X-Men: Children of the Atom and Darkstalkers 2 on the Sega Saturn, Command and Conquer: Generals and Warcraft 3: reign of Chaos on the PC, and of course Snake in Nokia 3310… I could go on and on! Haha!

1. Ky Lynn says:

Haha.. me too! Love your comment so much!

19. Chica says:

Legend of Zelda, Super Mario Bros, Killer Instinct, etc are some of the games of my childhood. I still play them every now and then. And I’m still good at it even though I haven’t played them in years.

20. LaBelle says:

I was a Sonic addict too Ky Lynn! Loved it to bits. I was in 10th grade when I started playing and that got me hooked into video games.

1. Ky Lynn says: